Photo
- - - - -

Coffee(caffeine) and Vasodilators

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vajra78

• 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:34 AM

Is there any contradictions between caffeine, which is a vasoconstrictor and hydergine which is a vasodilator. Coffee is one of my favorite smart drugs.

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:01 AM

Is there any contradictions between caffeine, which is a vasoconstrictor and hydergine which is a vasodilator. Coffee is one of my favorite smart drugs.

In high amounts together this may produce a headache.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:33 AM

Lifemirage this is little off this topic, but are you familiar with reasearch about persons who react better to constrictors than vasolidators? I feel more alert and in better mood with the right dose of caffeine or similar stuff, but i feel nothing with pyritinol, and hydergine even makes me lethargic.
I'm really interested why is this, and knowing the reason i could use it for my benefit and better lifestyle.

#4 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:14 PM

Are there peripheral-only vasoconstrictors?

#5 dirac

• 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:08 PM

Lifemirage this is little off this topic, but are you familiar with reasearch about persons who react better to constrictors than vasolidators? I feel more alert and in better mood with the right dose of caffeine or similar stuff, but i feel nothing with pyritinol, and hydergine even makes me lethargic.
I'm really interested why is this, and knowing the reason i could use it for my benefit and better lifestyle.

You appear to react in a similar manner to vasodilators, as I.
For what that is worth.

#6 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:35 PM

I also happen to have low blood pressure. Could be related?
Like maybe we already have good oxygen supply in brain and don't feel much of a difference with vasolidators, but constrictors raise blood pressure so we feel more alert...

#7 dirac

• 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:04 AM

I also happen to have low blood pressure. Could be related?
Like maybe we already have good oxygen supply in brain and don't feel much of a difference with vasolidators, but constrictors raise blood pressure so we feel more alert...

Once again tit-for-tat it would seem.
Rather curious...

#8 magister

• 70 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:07 AM

There are no real answers here, only your own experiences...some have some pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo cause they happen to be taking a course in biochemistry while taking nootropics. My guess vinpocetine + hi-strength expresso = too high strung to be much use, plus piss break needed b4 any good brain work done...picamilion never gave me much, but it could have been that I was on 3 or 4 other nootropics at the time and didn't know what was doing what....vinpocetine does work...I have done it on its own and it has action.

#9 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:29 AM

Lifemirage this is little off this topic, but are you familiar with reasearch about persons who react better to constrictors than vasolidators?

Most of the researchers I know are more involved with antiaging research...no one I can recommend, in part because this is not a hot topic to study.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 goku

• 292 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:34 AM

I'm in the same aforementioned boat. Must be something to this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users