adhd dopamine sulbutiamine happy stack

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#61 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

Ah ok.

Thx for that link. :)

Actually I would need since recently something for the Concetration.

I will reconsider the use of noopept.

Edit:

If You are interrested

http://www.longecity...rbal-piracetam/

(-)Clausenamide facilitates synaptic transmission at hippocampal Schaffer collateral-CA1 synapses.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22366429

Edited by Flex, 25 September 2014 - 05:53 PM.

• like x 1

#62 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

take forskolin at night to antagonize d2 receptors and then wake up with unregulated d2 receptors

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

I am so happy that I found this study:
"These results demonstrated that maca extract (250 and 500 mg/kg) showed antidepressant-like effects and was related to the activation of both noradrenergic and dopaminergic systems, as well as attenuation of oxidative stress in mouse brain."

Source: http://www.researchg...ble_Mild_Stress

This explains why I feel great on it. Enhanced libido, energy and mood. More so than catuaba, tyrosine, mucuna pruriens, phenylalanine and ritalin.

Haven't taken it for a while now. I sure miss it!

So far of all the hundreds of supplements I've tried, the most effective and promising ones are:
- Mr. Happy Stack (DHA, Uridine, Citicoline)
- Noopept
- Pramiracetam
- Maca

Next step is to add pregnenolone (10mg sublingual) and try bacopa (165mg bacosides - ordered a 50% extract) as well.

LLLT combined with 300mg COQ10 (Ubiquinone/Ubiquinol; both were a disappointment) + 300mg Shilajit + 20mg PQQ, 5g Creatine, 5g D-Ribose, 100mg R-Lipoic Acid, 500mg ALCAR, etc. didn't do jack schh for my condition. It simply doesn't help with anhedonia, dysthymia and low libido.

The best thing so far that I've noted is that my perception of time has changed. It doesn't go as fast as it used to. Everytime I check the clock I am surprised that it isn't as much as I thought.  My stress levels are lower (even though my cortisol levels are in check - doctor tested!).

I also believe that my problem is not only related to dopamine, it is majorly related to my hippocampus, because all these supplements above, except for maca (studies haven't confirmed that it affects hippocampus in any way, but it could be possible, only the future will tell) are related to hippocampal neurogenesis.

When I have found the perfect stack, I will name it the "Zenhedonia stack", which is based on Mr. Happy's stack. I also feel that Noopept is the key player here.

Overall, I feel very optimistic. I combated the Modafinil brain fog with EGCG+Quercetin. That combination are helpful for many for many things (antihistamine, mast cell stabilizer, reduces inflammation, reduces oxidative stress, kills cancer tumors, increases NGF/BDNF/Synaptic Plasticity increasers/Neurogenesis, etc.) and will probably be a part of the final stack. The Zenhedonia stack will be recommended for those who are feeling FUBAR.

Edited by Zenfood, 25 September 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#64 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

Consider that Quercetin is, or seems, not bbb permeable.

It works but perhaps its metabolite or something like that.

So dont rely on the Quercetin sutdies.

Reference:

Despite the extensive studies of quercetin in various in vitro and in vivo neural disease models, the neuroprotective effect of quercetin remains controversial due to its inability to cross the blood-brain barrier under in vivo conditions [86, 87]. More mechanistic studies have to be investigated in order to confer the conclusions.

Pharmacological Effects of Active Compounds on Neurodegenerative Disease with Gastrodia and Uncaria Decoction, a Commonly Used Poststroke Decoction

http://www.hindawi.c...wj/2013/896873/

Edited by Flex, 26 September 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#65 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

Thanks for your feedback man.

You are correct, it's a metabolite that passes:
" These results suggested that a quercetin glucuronide can pass through the blood-brain barrier, perhaps the CSF barrier, accumulate in specific types of cells, such as macrophages, and act as anti-inflammatory agents in the brain through deconjugation into the bioactive non-conjugated forms."

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24893148

Consider that Quercetin is, or seems, not bbb permeable.

It works but perhaps its metabolite or something like that.

So dont rely on the Quercetin sutdies.

Reference:

Despite the extensive studies of quercetin in various in vitro and in vivo neural disease models, the neuroprotective effect of quercetin remains controversial due to its inability to cross the blood-brain barrier under in vivo conditions [86, 87]. More mechanistic studies have to be investigated in order to confer the conclusions.

Pharmacological Effects of Active Compounds on Neurodegenerative Disease with Gastrodia and Uncaria Decoction, a Commonly Used Poststroke Decoction

http://www.hindawi.c...wj/2013/896873/

#66 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

Youre welcome.

Its allways problematic if somebody relies on those infos and finds afterwards out, that it couldnt work.

Sigh..own experience :sad:  -eyezroll-

#67 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

Hey not sure if others on forum feel the same way, but for me Pramiracetam seemed to wear off, it felt great at first but I felt diminishing returns after continued use.. So let us know if you feel the same..I might try the stack when your done perfecting it 

Edited by ZHMike, 26 September 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#68 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

Same here. This is my 6th day and I didn't experience what I used to do with pramiracetam. However I jumped down to 2x200mg instead of 2x300mg today, because the higher dosage made me kind of manic yesterday. 200-250mg was a good dose. I will cycle this, but this will probably not be included in the final stack.

Noopept on the other still delivers. I am sure that it will repair my brain even when I notice tolerance with it. Also I view it as a safe substance due to anecdotes and this report: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12025790

Also, one of the creators has used it for many years and she seems mentally sharp even though she's 82 years old (could be other factors, but nothing detrimental has at least happened).

Hey not sure if others on forum feel the same way, but for me Pramiracetam seemed to wear off, it felt great at first but I felt diminishing returns after continued use.. So let us know if you feel the same..I might try the stack when your done perfecting it 

#69 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

take forskolin at night to antagonize d2 receptors and then wake up with unregulated d2 receptors

?

I know it upregalates d2 and d3, due to increased cyclick amp if im correct.

#70 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

?

I know it upregalates d2 and d3, due to increased cyclick amp if im correct.

Cyclic AMP increases tyrosine hydroxylase which leads to more dopamine production from tyrosine..thus beta agonists, forskolin...histaminergics, these all raise dopamine production. Thyroid hormone for this same reason is crucial to dopamine production.

And yes, anything that raises this same second messenger, by the same mechanism or negative feedback will also upregulate D2's as a compensation mechanism. Same with histamine H3 antagonists...which allow for unprecedented cAMP accumulation...much stronger than forskolin, this would also upregulate D2's.

Caffeine and NMDA also may help.

Edited by Area-1255, 27 September 2014 - 08:06 PM.

• Informative x 1

#71 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

IIRC Forskolin upregulates Dopamine post- and presynaptic receptors in a distinct ratio.

• like x 1

#72 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

i didnt notice anything in a week of forskolin 15% 250mg 2 caps daily.... a lot of fuzz about that one.

#73 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

Does anyone know the choline content of citicoline?

Some claim that it´s 21%. Please read comment #6 and #7 here:
http://www.longecity...and-aniracetam/

In that case I would rather use Alpha GPC and sublingual uridine. Why even bother with citicoline in the first place then? Seems unnecessary when one can take uridine separately.

#74 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

A lot has happened in this thread since last I was one, I see.

First, a small apology to Area-1255: You are obviously trying to look at a bigger neural picture than I did, and that's why you focus on your angle - our friend Zen does appear to have trouble with increased histamine - and he's certainly somewhat depressed.

Zenfood: You've got some good stuff going now, it seems. I would recommend you considering replacing Pramiracetam with FASOracetam - it's definitely got similar effects, but may be even more potent. And it IS in research as a treatment for us ADHDers with comorbid issues right now, so it might be a good thing.

And unlike Pramiracetam, it would seem as if the glutamatergic effect of Faso is blocking most of the tolerance as well, meaning that it doesn't lose effect the same way Prami does. This definitely makes it interesting, imho. It's got a pretty decent anti-depressive effect as well, it would seem.

Metagene: This side-effect of Memantine is somewhat shocking and worrying, I must admit... quite unexpected! I wonder - will Nitromemantine have the same debilitating side-effect? One of the goals of that chem seems to be to remove some of the side-effects of Memantine. On the other hand, I can actually see Nitromem increasing this side-effect! Isn't lower blood-pressure the main effect of Nitroglycerine in the body? And they are using a nitrate-group from nitroglycerine, as far as I understand it.

Btw, can you describe all of your side-effects from Memantine -use, and when they started occuring? Did you experience this problem with decreased blood-flow to the brain, eventually?

Perhaps, if the side-effect is gradual, Memantine is mostly to be used in a cycled manor - still, it could be quite useful - especially if you have a faulty D2-receptor, as our friend Zenfood here.

Zenfood: Regardless of this side-effect, I definitely think you should still try Memantine - that D2-effect might be quite dramatic for you.

EDIT: Zenfood... You may not have a problem with your D2-receptors at all. The Taq1A allelle which you do have, was recently proven to NOT be connected to the D2-receptor after all.

Study with the reveal:

----------------------------------

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18621654

It's connected to a completely different gene - ANKK1! It seems as if 23andMe haven't upgraded their info on this variation, and which gene it's actually connected to.

The ANKK1 gene with the Taq1a allele is associated with increased AAAD (Aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase), which is a substance that controls how much dopamine is synthesized for the brain. If you have heightened levels of AAAD, then your brain WON'T synthesize the correct amount of dopamine, it will instead halten production prematurely, leading to various problems.

Read more about ANKK1 here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANKK1

And your idea about you having some form of Parksinsons might not be entirely without basis... Check this:

http://en.wikipedia....xylase#Genetics

AAAD becomes the rate-limiting step of dopamine synthesis in patients treated with L-DOPA (such as in Parkinson's Disease), and the rate-limiting step of serotonin synthesis in people treated with 5-HTP (such as in mild depression or dysthymia). AAAD is inhibited by Carbidopa outside of the blood brain barrier to inhibit the premature conversion of L-DOPA to Dopamine in the treatment of Parkinson's.

You might want to forget all this other stuff we've been talking about, and really check into this.

ANKK1-Taq1a doesn't give you ADHD. It gives you a similar, but completely different disease. Don't know what to call it... some call it "Reward Deficiency Syndrome" (RDS) - which means there is an error in your reward-system, which leads to all sorts of problems - depression, anhedonia, apathy, addiction ( lots of addicts have this allelle),  and obesity. ( because of food-addiction)

Do you have any problems with addiction or obesity? If you do, then that might be a good clue.

A possible solution to your problems, is to inhibit your AAAC ( also called AADC), so your dopamine-production can actually go up. There are medications for this, primarily used for Parkinsons - however, if you don't have any OTHER symptoms or what-have-you of Parkinsons, you should probably not use the medications containing AAAD-antagonists used for treating Parkinsons, because they contain formulations with L-DOPA and other compounds as well, which you may not need.

Because you may not have the same problems they do - you may only have HALF the problem! Taking actual Parkinsons-medications could then give way, way too many side-effects.

Better then to get a hold of PURE formulations! ^^ The compounds to look into are these:

Carbidopa -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbidopa

Benserazide -

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Benserazide

BTW - you mention that you fidget and move about slightly, with your hands, right? Well, these AAAD-inhibitors are actually used in the treatment of "Restless Leg Syndrome"... I see a connection here - surely you do as well?

So. Yeah. You don't have ADHD - at least not ANYTHING resembling the classical variation - you have something else - and that problem, is treated with completely different medications.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 04 October 2014 - 06:18 PM.

• like x 2

#75 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:29 AM

Metagene: This side-effect of Memantine is somewhat shocking and worrying, I must admit... quite unexpected! I wonder - will Nitromemantine have the same debilitating side-effect? One of the goals of that chem seems to be to remove some of the side-effects of Memantine. On the other hand, I can actually see Nitromem increasing this side-effect! Isn't lower blood-pressure the main effect of Nitroglycerine in the body? And they are using a nitrate-group from nitroglycerine, as far as I understand it.

Btw, can you describe all of your side-effects from Memantine -use, and when they started occuring? Did you experience this problem with decreased blood-flow to the brain, eventually?

Perhaps, if the side-effect is gradual, Memantine is mostly to be used in a cycled manor - still, it could be quite useful - especially if you have a faulty D2-receptor, as our friend Zenfood here.

I'll say! the study offered a possible explanation for memantine's lack of efficacy in treating mild Alzheimer's disease. The reduction of blood flow might be due to memantine's non-selective inhibition of nAChR's - specifically α3β2-nAChRs located on the sympathetic nerves supplying blood to the basalar arteries.

L-type calcium channels in sympathetic α3β2-nAChR-mediated cerebral nitrergic neurogenic vasodilation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24825168

Nitromemantine should be a clean drug in this regard. nitroglycerin's BP lower effects diminish with long term use. 

Dementia of Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders--memantine, a new hope.

Long-term use of nitroglycerin produces tolerance to 

its effects on cardiovascular system, but not to its effect
on NMDA-receptor-mediated neurotoxicity in brain

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15519530

My side effects from memantine did come on gradually. I felt like a depressed zombie after the 2 week mark which is pretty consistent with antidotes from members here and on reddit. From what I understand memantine dosed at 20mg/d maintains steady state plasma levels in 21 days give or take. 

I was taken a back by the initial clarity and mood elevation manifesting on day 2.

My D2-receptors are good.

Normal (A2/A2): Better avoidance of errors. Normal OCD risk, normal Tardive Diskinesia risk, lower ADHD risk. Less Alcohol dependence. Higher risk of Postoperative Nausea. Lower obesity. Bupropion is ... This DRD2 TaqIA A2/A2 version causes a normal amount of Dopamine Receptors. Learns from mistakes more easily. Men may have a higher risk of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder but lower risk of ADHD. Women have higher Persistence. Higher risk of Tardive Diskinesia when taking dopamine receptor antagonists. Lower risk of alcoholism and smoking addiction. Faster recovery from traumatic brain injury. 1.6x risk of early postoperative nausea within 6 hours of surgery. Bupropion (Wellbutrin, Budeprion, Prexaton, Elontril, Aplenzin, Zyban, Voxra) works to quit smoking. Lower obesity due to increased pleasure response to food.

Its frustrating that I'm just learning about something seen but still ignored at birth. I actually went to doctors for symptoms of fatigue and muscle weakness i.e hypotonia years before being diagnosed with ADHD-PI. Add that to the visuospatial working memory deficits and you got developmental coordination disorder end of story.

The neurophysiological performance of visuospatial working memory in children with developmental coordination disorder.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22978755

This also may helpful in differentiating ADHD from schizophrenia 

ADHD and schizophrenia phenomenology: visual scanpaths to emotional faces as a potential psychophysiological marker?

Commonalities in the clinical phenomenology and psychopharmacology of ADHD and schizophrenia are reviewed. The potential of psychostimulants to produce psychotic symptoms emphasizes the need for objective psychophysiological distinctions between these disorders. Impaired emotion perception in both disorders is discussed. It is proposed that visual scanpaths to facial expressions of emotion might prove a potentially useful psychophysiological distinction between ADHD and schizophrenia. There is consistent evidence that both facial affect recognition and scanpaths to facial expressions are impaired in schizophrenia, with emerging empirical evidence showing that facial affect recognition is impaired in ADHD also. Brain imaging studies show reduced activity in the medial prefrontal and limbic (amygdala) brain regions required to process emotional faces in schizophrenia, but suggest more localized loss of activity in these regions in ADHD. As amygdala activity in particular has been linked to effective visual scanning of face stimuli, it is postulated that condition-specific breakdowns in these brain regions that subserve emotional behavior might manifest as distinct scanpath aberrations to facial expressions of emotion in schizophrenia and ADHD.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16466794

Attached Files

#76 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:47 AM

Sorry I wanted to post some Cambridge brain science scores but one must suffice. Went from 88-98 on last spatial slider score.

#77 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Stinkorninjor!

"EDIT: Zenfood... You may not have a problem with your D2-receptors at all. The Taq1A allelle which you do have, was recently proven to NOT be connected to the D2-receptor after all."

I'm glad that I didn't start to obsess about the D2 receptor quite yet. I've had other things that I've been experimenting with and I am feeling a lot better.

So here's my update:
- I had to cut down to 10mg of noopept per day, because 20-30mg made me irritable after the first week, even when taken 10mg morning and 10mg at night. My short term and working memory has improved quite a bit actually since I started with noopept.

- I have been on an antihistamine diet for about two weeks. Really going hardcore on this one. Not the easiest task, because I'm also gluten free, but I am feeling better. I have noticed less mucous in my nose and throat.

- I have stopped powerlifting and gone over to body building. I am on a deload period and I'm avoiding deadlifts and squats. My reps are now between 10-15 instead of 4-6 in order to avoid CNS fatigue. This alone has made me less fatigued and more energetic.

I think that the Happy Stack is starting to do some stuff too. I am actually a bit happier, but it could be the new routine, antihistamine diet and noopept. However, here's some intriguing news:

"The functions of the brain and nervous system are chemically dependent upon B6 status. It plays a critical role in the synthesis of 5 essential neurotransmitters: norepinephrine, serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, GABA. Also, acetylcholine requires the presence of both B6 and Zinc to be broken from to acetate and choline, and when acetylcholine remains in excess amounts, anxiety, temper tantrums, poor stress control, panic attacks and unreasonable fears and phobias can become apparent."

(No wonder why Huperzine A  always makes me feel focused and gives me a "Zen feeling" and my thinking and verbal fluency gets significantly better almost instantly. I have never noticed any side effects. I haven't taken it for a good while, because many sources recommend to take it sparingly. It is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor and NMDA receptor antagonist. It removes excess acetylcholine and helps me focus. High doses of soy/sunflower lecithin, citicoline and Alpha GPC never did the same thing for me as Huperzine A did. I am going to experiment more with it now.)

So, I decided to stack B6 (P-5-P, 50mg) and Zinc (Zinc picolinate, 30mg) after I read about pyroluria. I share over 20 symptoms on this list:
http://www.vitalitya...om.au/pyroluria

This stack made me feel great. I started dancing and singing. I enjoy music so much more every time I take P5P.
No way in hell that it is placebo. I enjoy music in the same way as I do when I've smoked some weed. The music is intense and I always start dreaming of wanting to learn to play an instrument.

I'm sure that it's the P5P doing the magic here. I've taken Zinc picolinate daily for a long period of time without noticing anything. Maybe just a slight increase in libido, but nothing compared to the libido that maca gives me. I've taken 200mg of ordinary B6 before on the same day, but never noticed anything. P5P is truly remarkable.

This was so great that I also decided to add vitamin C (Ascorbic acid, 1000 mg) and Copper (Copper Gluconate/Citrate, 2mg) to the stack.

B6, Zinc, C and copper are needed to increase the histamine degradative enzyme DAO (diamine oxidase). This stack decreases histamine, helps with the synthesis of neurotransmitters, cures pyroluria and much more. My OCD symptoms have lessened with this stack and I have less anxiety.

I also managed to get a benadryl prescription from my doctor. It's great because it boosts DAO enzyme activity by 19%. I will probably buy Histame in the future (0.3mg of DAO), but most of all I would love to get my hands on Histrelief (1.5mg of DAO!)

It also seems that Solgar sells the best version of P5P. It is important that it is specially coated (enteric coating) to protect against degradation from stomach acids, which makes it more potent and longer acting.

I suspect that my body can't convert B vitamins very well. I have the A128C mutation and I have to take Metafolin and Methylcobalamin. I guess that B6 gets trapped the same way. Even though my blood work were great according to the doctor, I believe that my body just can't convert regular vitamins to active forms. So, a B6 deficiency would most likely cause a chain of chaotic reactions: increased histamine, abnormally low neurotransmitter levels, excess acetylcholine levels and lots of other nasty stuff.

That's it for now. I will try to get my hands on memantine and fasoracetam in the future too. However I feel that things are going to change very soon and that the Zenhedonia stack will be perfected before year 2015.

I will start to comment on the previous posts. They have given me lots of ideas, so thank you guys!

Edited by Zenfood, 06 October 2014 - 11:17 PM.

• like x 1

#78 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:23 PM

Vitamin B6 - is also a cofactor for histamine synthesis..specifically pyrodixal - 5 - phosphate..this will definitely produce more histamine..as will megadosing folate. You have to know yourself to know if this will be good for you,..

#79 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Stinkorninjor!

"EDIT: Zenfood... You may not have a problem with your D2-receptors at all. The Taq1A allelle which you do have, was recently proven to NOT be connected to the D2-receptor after all."

I'm glad that I didn't start to obsess about the D2 receptor quite yet. I've had other things that I've been experimenting with and I am feeling a lot better.

So here's my update:
- I had to cut down to 10mg of noopept per day, because 20-30mg made me irritable after the first week, even when taken 10mg morning and 10mg at night. My short term and working memory has improved quite a bit actually since I started with noopept.
- I have been on an antihistamine diet for about two weeks. Really going hardcore on this one. Not the easiest task, because I'm also gluten free, but I am feeling better. I have noticed less mucous in my nose and throat.
- I have stopped powerlifting and gone over to body building. I am on a deload period and I'm avoiding deadlifts and squats. My reps are now between 10-15 instead of 4-6 in order to avoid CNS fatigue. This alone has made me less fatigued and more energetic.

I think that the Happy Stack is starting to do some stuff too. I am actually a bit happier, but it could be the new routine, antihistamine diet and noopept. However, here's some intriguing news:

"The functions of the brain and nervous system are chemically dependent upon B6 status. It plays a critical role in the synthesis of 5 essential neurotransmitters: norepinephrine, serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, GABA. Also, acetylcholine requires the presence of both B6 and Zinc to be broken from to acetate and choline, and when acetylcholine remains in excess amounts, anxiety, temper tantrums, poor stress control, panic attacks and unreasonable fears and phobias can become apparent."

(No wonder why Huperzine A always makes me feel focused and gives me a "Zen feeling" and my thinking and verbal fluency gets significantly better almost instantly. I have never noticed any side effects. I haven't taken it for a good while, because many sources recommend to take it sparingly. It is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor and NMDA receptor antagonist. It removes excess acetylcholine and helps me focus. High doses of soy/sunflower lecithin, citicoline and Alpha GPC never did the same thing for me as Huperzine A did. I am going to experiment more with it now.)

So, I decided to stack B6 (P-5-P, 50mg) and Zinc (Zinc picolinate, 30mg) after I read about pyroluria. I share over 20 symptoms on this list:
http://www.vitalitya...om.au/pyroluria

This stack made me feel great. I started dancing and singing. I enjoy music so much more every time I take P5P.
No way in hell that it is placebo. I enjoy music in the same way as I do when I've smoked some weed. The music is intense and I always start dreaming of wanting to learn to play an instrument.

I'm sure that it's the P5P doing the magic here. I've taken Zinc picolinate daily for a long period of time without noticing anything. Maybe just a slight increase in libido, but nothing compared to the libido that maca gives me. I've taken 200mg of ordinary B6 before on the same day, but never noticed anything. P5P is truly remarkable.

This was so great that I also decided to add vitamin C (Ascorbic acid, 1000 mg) and Copper (Copper Gluconate/Citrate, 2mg) to the stack.

B6, Zinc, C and copper are needed to increase the histamine degradative enzyme DAO (diamine oxidase). This stack decreases histamine, helps with the synthesis of neurotransmitters, cures pyroluria and much more. My OCD symptoms have lessened with this stack and I have less anxiety.

I also managed to get a benadryl prescription from my doctor. It's great because it boosts DAO enzyme activity by 19%. I will probably buy Histame in the future (0.3mg of DAO), but most of all I would love to get my hands on Histrelief (1.5mg of DAO!)

It also seems that Solgar sells the best version of P5P. It is important that it is specially coated (enteric coating) to protect against degradation from stomach acids, which makes it more potent and longer acting.

I suspect that my body can't convert B vitamins very well. I have the A128C mutation and I have to take Metafolin and Methylcobalamin. I guess that B6 gets trapped the same way. Even though my blood work were great according to the doctor, I believe that my body just can't convert regular vitamins to active forms. So, a B6 deficiency would most likely cause a chain of chaotic reactions: increased histamine, abnormally low neurotransmitter levels, excess acetylcholine levels and lots of other nasty stuff.

That's it for now. I will try to get my hands on memantine and fasoracetam in the future too. However I feel that things are going to change very soon and that the Zenhedonia stack will be perfected before year 2015.

I will start to comment on the previous posts. They have given me lots of ideas, so thank you guys!

oops I missed the edit. Alright cool.

#80 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

so from what i read, memantine is the only thing that can actually help turn down tolerance towards stimulants and alcohol?

#81 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

so from what i read, memantine is the only thing that can actually help turn down tolerance towards stimulants and alcohol?

Magnesium and Proglumide can reduce stim torlerance.

#82 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

oh ok thanks. *sigh*

#83 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:49 PM

oh ok thanks. *sigh*

Whats wrong?

#84 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:16 AM

tried and dumped. unreliable :S

#85 Kewell357

• 40 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:18 AM

Magnesium and Proglumide can reduce stim torlerance.

Does Magnesium reduce tolerance? I read it only prevents it.

#86 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:10 AM

This is true. However, I believe I'm an exception because it seems that I have problems with "methylation" and fixing this could solve many issues. A1298C is a bitch (http://mthfr.net/mth...ons/2011/11/30/)

I'm currently on 800mcg metafolin, 50mg P5P and 5000mg of Mb12 to see if things get better.

Vitamin B6 - is also a cofactor for histamine synthesis..specifically pyrodixal - 5 - phosphate..this will definitely produce more histamine..as will megadosing folate. You have to know yourself to know if this will be good for you,..

#87 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

Just as an info:

Afaik Nicotineamide (not the niacine form) is a demethylator, if this eventually may be of interrest

• like x 1

#88 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

This is true. However, I believe I'm an exception because it seems that I have problems with "methylation" and fixing this could solve many issues. A1298C is a bitch (http://mthfr.net/mth...ons/2011/11/30/)

I'm currently on 800mcg metafolin, 50mg P5P and 5000mg of Mb12 to see if things get better.

That;s probably a good course of action, just remember b12 and folate supplements will trend you in the direction of de-methylation. Also feverfew and parthenolide are potent de-methylators.

http://aacrmeetingab...al_Meeting/1466

http://www.propeciah...opic.php?t=3875

http://jpet.aspetjou.../2/505.abstract

• like x 1

#89 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

Area-1255, very interesting reading. Thank you!

Thanks, Flex.You're the man.

Luckily I already knew that already and that's why I'm avoiding a "B-Complex". I actually tried Niacinamide for three days a while go (1500mg x 2 extended release) and my mood was really great and and I was energetic. Probably the NADH and I believe it released serotonin. However, I was afraid to overdo it, because I read that it could lead to hepatotoxicity.

I found it very interesting that it reduced tau by 60% on mice. I will do a new prolonged trial soon.

Sources:

http://www.michaelmo...Alzheimers.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2617713/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

Hey guys. I am starting to notice major improvements and I am starting to experience what it is to actually feel again. I've had flashbacks and felt nostalgic and enjoyed random memories from the past. This hasn't happened for about 6-7 years. I do not feel as numb as I used to and I noticed that I have a lot of energy. I smile and laugh a lot more. I am feeling very sharp and I hope that you read this post because you will probably learn a thing or two.

I have used bigger doses of uridine (500mg UMP Sublingually and 1000mg citicoline) and haven't noticed any stimulatory effects, fatigue, etc. I'm still confident that uridine and DHA is making me happier. I haven't felt any direct effects from citicoline even when I've taken 4 in one sitting. However, when I added trimethylglycine (TMG) to my methylation stack, things really started to change.

So, I also added TMG (started with 500mg, now I take 3g/day) to my methylation stack and this made a HUGE difference. I noticed by accident that when I take TMG before citicoline I can feel the effects of having choline in my brain. Never noticed or felt anything from citicoline before. With TMG I am more focused and less scatter brained. My theory is that my brain gets to use the choline instead of the rest of my body. I just found out that I have a PEMT mutation, which is related to choline and it actually creates phosphatidylcholine (PEMT enzymes are involved in the methylation of phosphatidylethanolamine to phosphatidylcholine). However, I would advice everyone to combine TMG with either Alpha GPC or Citicoline for increased nootropic effects.

2,400mg of choline bitartrate (41% choline content), which equals 1,000mg of choline increased TMG in the body by 77-111%. 1,000mg TMG increased TMG in the body by 67%.

"At least up to the dose of 1,000mg, it seems that TMG and choline are of the same potency in increasing bodily levels of TMG and overall methylation."

Source: http://examine.com/s...ements/Choline/

So, as I said before, I believe that elevated TMG levels in the body saves choline for the brain and more of it can readily cross the blood brain barrier. The body doesn't convert the choline to TMG, because it is already readily available there. However, I am not 100% about this, because when methylation starts rising SAMe levels are improving, which in turn affects serotonin.

I have also noticed decreased joint pain just after a couple of days. I mean, these are pains that I've had for a long time and nothing has helped (tried long periods of collagen, gelatin, glucosamine, etc.) so I'm sure that my body is creating more SAMe. Please note that my pain has been so bad for so long that my doctor decided that I have fibromyalgia and gave me amitriptyline (which didn't help at all). My pain levels have reduced significantly.

And the question of the week:

Why aren't we taking RNA  in concert with  D-Ribose sublingually? It would be more cost effective.
There is a seller on eBay that sells 100g of RNA powder for $16.50. Not sure about the quality, but it has of course come without fillers to be effective.

E.g. when uracil binds with a ribose sugar it converts to uridine. This means that a combination of RNA (adenine, cytosine, guanine and uracil) and D-Ribose gives us adenosine, cytidine, guanosine and uridine. Am I missing something?

P.S. I noticed that my theory about why Huperzine worked was flawed. However it has worked and given me great focus the times I’ve tried it. Going read more about it and try to find out why.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adhd, dopamine, sulbutiamine, happy stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users