• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

While waiting for a way to immortality, should we live in a bunker?

risk fear expected value

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#91 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:54 PM

Well your analogy falls apart, because we could just as well use horse drawn wagons as cars.  120 years does not an eternity make.

No one wants to die but when I die, and it is sure for us both, then what?  We are all in the same boat.  I think you also will face certain death from aging no matter what your faith.  Right how I hope for life above 110 years and I have a very small chance of reaching it.  But since life will be relatively short are you going to live in a bunker.  I will take my chances and enjoy, knowing something is going to get me.  How about you?

#92 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

I don't see the analogy falling apart. If we manage to clone for ourselves cells, tissues and organs, then we suddenly will become immortal. If I am not correct, then at least we will be able to suddenly elongate our life very much, like doubleing or trippling it, or maybe even more.

Yup, no one wants to die. If the immortality does not come for us, then we both will die, ofcourse, but the immortality will come for our children, or for our grand children. I will be happy even if the grand children of my grand children manage to be immortal.

For the bunker I agree with you :) I am also out of there (the bunker). Most probabbly I will spend my life in work (as everybody I suggest). I also intend to enjoy from time.

#93 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:33 AM

Cars are not immortal .  It falls apart.  No replacement part is immortal either.  Life extension, perhaps unless you have an accident.  I have two younger brothers, both dead from accidents.  I also lost twp uncles from accidents.  I could go on but I wish you a good and long life.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#94 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

Sorry to hear about your relatives, who died from accidents.

#95 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

They didn't live in a bunker.  All my family have died.  Cancer and heart problems as well.  They, like billions of others are dead. :)

• Good Point x 1

#96 Vardarac

• 178 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:05 AM

I have to ask, why be a defeatist about aging? Why not help us fight against it?

The evidence points to (at the very least) an increase in health and life span. Even now the the technologies are beginning to take shape. Gene-targeted cancer therapies. Replacement hormones. Induced pluripotent stem cells. Gene-specific modification and repair. We are already living to see the future.

This may sound familiar to you, but you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Advocacy for rejuvenation science is good for everyone.

Edited by Vardarac, 28 October 2014 - 04:07 AM.

#97 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

I am all for life extension and everything you suggested.  What makes you think I am not?

#98 Thew

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

Life is full of risks. We might die in many ways. We just have to be cautious. If we think of avoiding death at all times, it will just give us a stressful life. So as long as we are alive, live life to the fullest.
Cheers! :)

• like x 1

#99 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:11 AM

Life is full of risks. We might die in many ways. We just have to be cautious. If we think of avoiding death at all times, it will just give us a stressful life. So as long as we are alive, live life to the fullest.
Cheers! :)

Absolutely. Work, develop yourself, do what you can to help for the immortality to be achieved, be averagely cautious, and live your life to the fullest extend, that you can. Absolutely my opinion !!!!

#100 Danail

• 35 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:18 PM

Everything runs down, including us from one organized state to another less organized, As we go through these states we are less capable of doing things like healing or repairing ourselves.

You can be immortal, without violating the laws of the thermodynamics. Look at the human body as a car. The thermodynamics says, that the car has to go from one organized state to another less organized state and inevitabely has to brake down beyond reparement some day. This is true. However, if you always have the spare parts needed for repairing it, the car will always be repared, and it will run forever. This also is true.

Our defenses against disease fall apart and someday something kills us. So is it age or the disease that kills us?

The both are correct. The aging and the diseases are connected and are actually one thing (entirely my theory). I may talk more about that, but I am not sure if you will understand it. In brief, this is very close to the wear and tear theory of aging. Look at the diseases as something, that wears out certain parts of your body. In your example - the immune system.

We turn to faith when we don't have the evidence.

This is a mistake. Turning to faith will make you staep in one and the same place, without going forward. Turn to the science.

These are very interesting things. Why not you start another topic for that?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#101 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:39 PM

Science requires faith.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: risk, fear, expected value

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users