new font?

font

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:51 AM

it seems there is a new font -- displaying, not inputting, as I see now -- or is it Chrome switching things on me? If this new font is the new feature, I hate it. It's too narrow and is hard on the eyes. I very much liked the previous font.

If people like this new font, is it possible to change one's own preferred font in settings?

#2 xEva

• Topic Starter
  • 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:07 AM

So, any hope of going back to the previous font? I see it is still active when typing the message into the box, but it is replaced by this hard to read font on display -?

#3 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:51 AM

Sorry xEva, there is no new font. I think it's your browser... or it might be your zoom- try pressing Ctrl+0 

#4 xEva

• Topic Starter
  • 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:32 AM

Thanks, but I don't know how it  happened. I certainly did not change the default font in my browser. It must have changed on me -? ..during one  of those automatic updates/upgrades -? And I don't understand why the input font is the same as it was, but the output font is different. 

And today I did go into the chrome settings and made sure that the default font is what I prefer, but it did not change things. It turned out that my default font was set to Times Roman, which I hate and which I have not seen -?! Changing default font to Verdana did not change the behavior on this site. And btw other sites remained as they were. That's why I thought that you changed the font -?

What I see on display looks like a very narrow Helvetica.  Maybe it's Windows? 

Edited by xEva, 02 October 2014 - 05:33 AM.

#5 xEva

• Topic Starter
  • 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

Well.. the issue appeared either after the Chrome latest update or the 64-bit Windows7 update. The text on the left panel looks the same, the input font is also the same, but everything in the main window is displayed in Helvetica Narrow -- and that's the only Helvetica I have. Disabling this font had no effect... and I'm reluctant to delete it altogether. 

But! longecity seems  the only site that does that. The other sites I often frequent remain the same... 

..and it looks even worse in Explorer.. ..again, only longecity, not other sites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users