Photo
- - - - -

Computer forum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 olaf.larsson

• 583 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:45 AM

My suggestion is to make a general computing forum like the bioscience forum.
The general computing forum could contain subforums like bioscienceforum. The subforums could be; general computer discussion, programming, computer-brain-interface, and singularity and bioinformatics.

#2 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:44 PM

Very good proposal.

I second the suggestion, specially then we who are not computer knowledgeable can ask people here who are possessed of its expertise.

Susma

#3 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:52 PM

Yes, perhaps also robotics.

I would have vote yes on this.

-Infernity

#4 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestion wolfram.

I have thought about pretty much the same setup (excluding programming) recently, but for a new section, we need a bit of evidence that it would in fact be used.
I have restated the best approach to suggesting new forum sections in the pinned topic above.

#5 emerson

• 332 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:01 AM

I think this could be quite useful as well. Like Infernity, I've found myself wondering a bit every now and again as to where a robotics topic might best be placed. I also think a programming section could be quite helpful as a subsection. I hope to ramp up my playing with AI to a more serious study, and could certainly use any additional expertise people more advanced in its study might be able to offer. As well, I could at least hope to be of some use to people in more general coding topics or even just general computer related things.

So, I'd give a general thumbs up to the idea.

• Lurker

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:05 AM

Yes, bioinformatics is of particular note since it has become an indispensable tool for the geneticist and molecular biologist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users