Photo
- - - - -

Stack suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sohi

• 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

Hello eveyone. I am hoping to get some advice on which supplements would be best for my situation. Eveyone
seems willing to help out so I thought I would try and get someone's 2 cents on my situation.

I'm currently enrolled in college as a freshman, but I'm 28. I'm just looking for a couple basic supplements to
maximize my brain power, and to hopefully kickstart my brain into learning mode after a long dry spell [wis]
I also can't break the bank either, so it would need to be a small start. Say, two supplements max.

I was looking at getting Pyritinol and Huperzine A.

Would this be an ok combination?
Is there a better combo I should be aware of?
Would I take it daily like a vitamin in the morning or should the doses be just before study/tests/lectures?
Or would it be ok to take it daily AND also use a dose just before study/tests/lectures?
Can it work like that or do I need more supplements to use just before tests/cram sessions/etc.
Could you take it right before you went to classes, and then after classes (after 3-4 hours) take another dose if I plan to study?

I'm sorry if I sound so confused. This is my third time flirting with the nootropic idea and I decided to actually try
it out this time. I'm very much a skeptic, but research speaks for itself. I've done quite a bit of reading on it and
believe I have the general idea. I just figured I would learn from someone else's mistakes this time [thumb]

#2 enigma

• 143 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:30 AM

My suggestion would be Piracetam and Centrophenoxine, if you intend to take only two and want to aid your learning capacity. They are both very affordable. Piracetam is very effective for a lot of people. Youd want to take them both together and yes I would think about 40 minutes before a lecture or test (if they are capped) would render them the most effective.

Youd probably be looking to take them both 2 - 3 times/day for most effectiveness.

Pyritinol probably causes some fairly significant adverse effects in a small percentage of people, youd be wanting to look that up before taking it if you choose to take Pyritinol.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:54 AM

I've tried Pyritinol (500mg) and Huperzine A (100mg) daily but haven't really noticed much. But I see many here like it. You should take it daily (maybe a bigger dose when you have some important lessons or so).
Anyway, i would also consider some of the racetams, like piracetam, aniracetam or oxiracetam. You may wish to add some choline source with them as well. Fish oil is suggested as well no matter what nootropics you take.
If you like herbs take a look at bacopa.
More potent stuff is deprenyl and hydergine but these are more broad nootropics than huperzine and pyritinol.

When I think better, i should change my nickname on this forum to: deprenyl :)

#4 sohi

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:46 PM

Thank you both for your time and suggestions. :)

I am now doing a little more research into the cetam's and Centrophenoxine. As far as the Pyritinol,
it would seem to me that it is fairly safe, considering the amount of studies compared to the amount
of adverse effects. Am I in the minority in this assumption? I have no family history of liver problems
nor am I a heavy drinker. In fact, I might only drink alcohol once per month now days, and never
enough to be drunk. Or would that not even be a factor?

(Completely OFF-Topic, does anyone here have any experience or knowledge with L-Cysteine
as a supplement to for acetaldehyde break down or know of any other supplements that would
aid in this?)

Does anyone have any more suggestions? I thought I had it figured out, but it seems I still have a little
more research to do before I go and place an order. I'm not really adamant about having only 2 supplements
to start with, but wouldn't it be better to start small and see what effects each supplement has on my body?
I'm all ears, so please let me know what you think would work best :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:59 PM

I was looking at getting Pyritinol and Huperzine A.

This is the most common basic nootropics I recommend for students...with excellent results. Usually 1,000 mg of Pyritinol and 200-400mcg of Huperzine A taken as needed. Both are very safe with no real risk of serious side effects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users