Photo
- - - - -

just a note

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 wannafulfill

• 275 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:05 AM

When I take 500mg of bacopa (20% bacopasides) and 3 grams of fish oil (50% EPA DHA), the combination gives me acute respiratory sinus arythmia after like, an hour of lying down. My heart beat also becomes very faint. I don't have any other symptoms, but it did kind of concern me. I should note I am an amateur endurance athlete with normal-low blood pressure and I have this happen anyway when I am in the best shape, but not quite like what I experienced a few days ago when I combined these two ingredients. I am going to keep taking them, but I am shifting the bacopa to the afternoon, like 6 PM and then I'll take the fish oil at 11 before I go to sleep. When I do it this way, there's less of an effect.

Edited by wannafulfill, 30 July 2005 - 02:24 AM.

#2 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:15 AM

I take 2 grams of fish oil (with about 5 hours space between each gram) with 30 mg of Bacopin each time. I never had a problem, but then again I never mega dosed like you. However, I still wonder if your reaction is common at such doses.

Anyone else have such problems?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 wannafulfill

• Topic Starter
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:22 AM

well, I don't know if it is a problem

#4 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 30 July 2005 - 06:52 AM

do you take hydergine with that? i have a feeling hydergine works that way for me...(thou i started 2mg daily again just to be sure)

#5 enigma

• 143 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:22 PM

I appreciate it, when people post their serious side effects to particular nootropics/aminos/supplements or combinations. This gives a better idea to users with limited access to relevent data, a more accurate perception of potential side effects, I feel.

#6 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:12 AM

how much bacopin is considered to be standard? or, how much is/has everyone been taking?

#7 wannafulfill

• Topic Starter
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:57 AM

I used to take 800mg right before I went to sleep, for one month. Now I take 450mg about 5 hours before I want to fall asleep.

#8 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:57 PM

Does bacopa make you sleepy? I just got some, along with a bunch of other things, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm trying things one at a time to see how they affect me. So far the piracetam has had a very noticeable effect and I'm going slow on the rest.

I can't go too slowly because I hear the bastards are trying to make all or most supplements prescription only. This is sneaking through the process with little or nothing about it on the news. No surprise there, corporate owned major media is in the pockets of big money now days. I guess I"m going to have to try to buy a lifetime supply of stuff. Not very realistic but I'm buying some things by the kilo or 1/2 kilo. Stuff I'm not sure of I try first and then decide how much if any I will stock up on. DHEA is one they have their sights on. When did we start living in a police state?

#9 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:09 PM

i got one word for you: dubya [thumb]

#10 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

xanadu some have reported sedative effects. I took 800mg of bacopa (20%) but haven't felt any effect...i usually take 400 mg each morning with my breakfast

#11 wannafulfill

• Topic Starter
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:41 PM

I take 2 grams of fish oil (with about 5 hours space between each gram) with 30 mg of Bacopin each time. I never had a problem, but then again I never mega dosed like you. However, I still wonder if your reaction is common at such doses.

Anyone else have such problems?

I think you mean 300mg bacopin.

#12 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:36 AM

xanadu see my post in supps re: legislation and please.... take a bit o time and write real letters... I'll be doing the same as you soon if the subversive neo-nazi movement to ban supps continues to gain steam... come on, folks. Make some noise!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 wannafulfill

• Topic Starter
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:06 AM

I sent letters to my representatives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users