Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

- - - - -

Ananas and bromelain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:29 PM

Does anyone knows how good dried ananas is good as source of bromelain?

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:50 PM

ananas is a pineapple right? if so, then its a decent source. not really enough to give you any major anti-inflamotory effects, unless your eating 1 or 2 pineapples a day (which i would not recomend). reliance makes a good, cheap bromelaine supplement.

this talks about aprox how many GDU of bromelaine is in pineapple and pineapple juice.

http://www.wholeheal...1471,60,00.html

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Guest_da_sense_*

• Topic Starter
  • Lurker

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:21 PM

yes ananas is a pineapple...don't know why i tought word ananas is also used in english ;)

thanks for the link. it says:
"The actual bromelain content is somewhat elusive, since it depends on the ripeness of the fruit, how much heat it is subjected to, and for how long."

anyway i've been eating some dried pineapple lately on empty stomach. not much, maybe 30gr per day (it's dried so comparable to more of fresh fruit)...seems to me that it really noticably helps with my sport inflamations...
even if it doesn't help, it's still a nice substitue for candies

#4 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:11 PM

im a big proponent of: if it works, stick with it!

but, make sure your dried pineapple isnt soaked/covered in white sugar or high-frucose syrups which will antagonize inflamation. it would also be a good idea to buy low/un-sulfured pineapple which you should be able to find at any healthfood store

if you have bad inflamation, theres alot of stuff you can add to your diet and supplement that will help a good deal.

cutting out refined sugars and refined grains/flours would be a big help...eating fresh ginger & rosemary everyday is good. you could also pop a pill of bromeline while your eating pineapple(reliance makes a good bromeline).

if you have the money, new chapter makes a supplement called 'zyflamend' which is tumeric, ginger, rosemary and a few other things. its EXTREMELY effective at reducing inflamation... a few months ago i had a pretty nasty injury and it really helped me manage the pain and inflamation. just make sure you take it with food or it will cause some stomach upset.

#5 Guest_da_sense_*

• Topic Starter
  • Lurker

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:03 PM

thanks for the tips. i usually don't get serious inflamation so it's not a real problem for me. for now dried pineapple works great for me. this one is unsweetened, but i live in east europe and never saw that low/un-sulfured pineapple here...but food is cheap ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users