Photo
- - - - -

Neurostim?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:16 PM

I was looking over my order from 1fast400 and examined the bottle of neurostim that came with it. At first I was very pleased as I looked at the ingredients but all that changed as I saw under 'other ingredients' that aspartame was listed. Why on earth would they put that in a health food item? Some people it doesn't bother but I react very badly to it, it makes me sick and can't sleep. Now I don't know what to do with it. I was going to toss it but it's a sealed bottle, 212 gm, seems a shame to waste it.

#2 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:25 PM

Hmmm...wow. I just did a decent search on aspartame, and it's positive effects...and found pretty much none. Pubmed looks to be all negative studies also. This does seem like a highly dubious ingredient to add. And yes, there's an echo in here.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:46 PM

Alas there is not enough good data to convince skeptics see:

http://www.bodyrecom...read.php?t=8415

Note: gotta register first and the forum has a heavy anti-supp bias (they would say they are skeptical).

#4 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:59 PM

I get headaches from aspartame.

splenda works for me.

#5 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:18 PM

scottl,

so the function of the aspartame in the 'stim would be because aspartic acid can act as an excitatory neurotransmitter?

or, i'm missing the point. which is totally possible.

#6 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:38 PM

scottl,

so the function of the aspartame in the 'stim would be because aspartic acid can act as an excitatory neurotransmitter?

or, i'm missing the point. which is totally possible.

LOL nooo. Just to kill the taste since I gather the ingredients do not taste great. THe same company markets protein and on the label it says "no aspartame". NO diea why they don't use another sweetner.

#7 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:56 PM

LOL! Here I am, looking for some crazy reason they added it, when it's actually for it's true purpose. Imagine that!

#8 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:00 AM

mitkat it's cheap to use as a sweetener that's all!

#9 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

yeah. i see that now [thumb] i was just looking for a good psuedo-scientific explanation, that's all!

Edited by mitkat, 02 August 2005 - 02:19 PM.

#10 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:24 PM

this is a money not scientific driven world ;)

#11 xanadu

• Topic Starter
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:39 PM

So, no one will swap me something for it? It's a sealed bottle, has:

choline
l tyrosine
acetly l carnitine
dmae
huperzine
vinpocetine

...in it. If anyone is wary of trading with a newbie, I'll send first. I just hate to toss it out since I'm sensitive to aspartame. Most people aren't, the fda says it's good for you.

#12 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:17 PM

good for you? they might say it's not bad for you, but i don't think they say it's actually "good for you".
Anyway...if i was in US i would trade...but international shipping would be almost the price of product

#13 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:00 PM

Justin,

First was a proven carcinogin, next a neurotoxin, and now a biocide.

Sucralose in the chemical cousin of DDT. Sucralose is a chlorocarbon. Don't be fooled by thinking it's a salt.

Stevia is the answer and should be used in Neurostim in lieu of aspartame.

#14 xanadu

• Topic Starter
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:13 AM

Lemon, I believe you are right about stevia. That would be far better. Sucralose leaves me feeling like I just ate a bowl of chemicals. I feel blah and have a faint aftertaste in my mouth. It's not so bad as aspartame but I don't like it.

da sense, I was being a bit sarcastic in my comment about the FDA, but yes, they do hold forth that the things they approve are on the positive side. Or at least in theory, according to their guidelines, they won't approve anything that isn't a net good-for-you type of item. The don't say "good for you" but words to that effect. That's what I meant anyway. I personally don't think it's good for some people. You have to make your own choices.

Overseas is not that expensive for under a pound, it's around $5 or so shipping, according to my memory. The hassle is in the customs form and unknown rules that may be sprung on you as you take it down to ship it. That's the only thing that would stop me from swapping overseas. Customs on my end and also customs at receiving end that may confiscate the item. Within USA is a snap.

#15 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

Xanadu,

Just sent you a PM for the Neurostim.

Thanks

Sub7

#16 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:03 PM

They are going to stop making the powder regular version and turn it into caps.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#17 magister

• 70 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:37 PM

I gotta free one last order...never did go for DMAE, seems to make me angry, not that I don't do some of my better mental and physical work-outs when I am pissed-off, its just that I don't really find it pleasant...I prefer the happy social effects the racetams have on me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users