LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How old does this "body builder" guy look

ageless looks

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: How old does this "body builder" guy look? (165 member(s) have cast votes)

How old does this "body builder" guy look?

1. 30 or less (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 32 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 34 (8 votes [4.85%])

Percentage of vote: 4.85%

4. 36 (7 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

5. 38 (7 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

6. 40 (13 votes [7.88%])

Percentage of vote: 7.88%

7. 42 (13 votes [7.88%])

Percentage of vote: 7.88%

8. 44 (19 votes [11.52%])

Percentage of vote: 11.52%

9. 46 (20 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

10. 48 (23 votes [13.94%])

Percentage of vote: 13.94%

11. 50 or more (55 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 youngandold

• 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:25 PM

No matter if he is 34, 44 (most likely) or even 54.

He should stop wasting time and money on bodybuilding supplements (maybe even anabolic steroids and other bodybuilding drugs), tanning and hard diets, and get a hair transplant ASAP.

If he is vegan then he should become a carnivore ASAP.

No offense, but whatever he is doing ain't working.

Artificial muscle doesn't mean health.

• Disagree x 3
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

#32 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:52 PM

I was also thinking,  of course he is lying!   I might even bet on it and I am a pretty cautious better.  I also was thinking,  dehydrated appearing and past/present drug use,  plus bad genetics....still,  he really does not look 34 I think.  I wish there was a way to find out what's up!

Seriously what kind of references are you wishing for,  in all honesty?   When people say "needs references"  I have no idea what kind of references one would ask for here....but if you really want em,  the dehydration comment I made  is because of skin deflation (not extreme but a bit dry looking too),  and I suppose I said drug use because it seems like most people nowadays are on some pill or another.   I mean it's even started to affect the age of death here in America (at least in middle-aged men,  who are dying younger and younger. )   However 'tis true I didn't visit his website about vegan bodybuilding or whatever so maybe he is against pills. I  But I can refer you to studies that show that people on antidepressants or who use steroids look older if you wish.

How annoying that people want damn references for an OPINION.   If you don't believe my opinion,  then simply disagree.   I try not to be affected by online trolls,  as that is aging.   And NO you cannot have any references for why I think that is aging.   Go find them yourself.    I come to this site for positivity so thanks a lot.

• Needs references x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

How old does he look? - Judging by the Dentures (pic 1's a good shot) - above 65! ;)

I didn't think those were dentures?  In fact the teeth look youthful (but not oddly so,  like the veneers on the old actor Michael Douglas,  whose teeth are jarringly blinding and fake looking)   because they are white.  Or maybe I need glasses....

Teeth make a huge difference but not when people don't match the rest of the face,  and vice versa.   It's the same thing when you see people who got an eye lift but neglected skin texture and the neck --  why bother is what i wonder.  It just ends up like a Picasso.

#34 rebelhead

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:02 PM

Went and looked again....wow he looks old for his age if he is telling the truth.   Body builders to me are basically no different from anorexics,  just the obsession goes a different way.  In fact I know former anorexics who "cured"  themselves by becoming body builders and they are no happier,  just still alive.  Obsessions are very stressful physically and mentally and they will age you faster.   I remember seeing a beautiful fifty-ish woman I know,  an artist (I know her age because I did her taxes)  walking down the street with this lovely look of peace on her face,  just dreamy,  and I want to be just like her when I am her age.   Because the look of inner peace made her appear ageless -- it really did.

thats a broad generalization of bodybuilders. i have lifted weights for a long time and i am fairly "jacked",lol. i dont look like regular folk anymore. but, i am certainly not obsessed with it. for me its about being the best i can be physically and i dont half-*ss do anything, so getting built is just a nice side effect. not to mention the fact that i dont want to age like most people and become feable.

just sayin

as for the pics,

i believe its just bad lighting, really low body fat levels, genetics and a vegan diet. a tan seems to make certain people appear older also.  but, i'm not convinced he does steroids. he's not big, just cut. i've done steroids and am alot bigger than him. the comment by @4ever_young , about oral steroid use doesn't hold up. the liver damage thing is mostly exaggerated. the majority of the case studies were on patients who received them nonstop for years. personally, i dont do oral steroids anymore, but, i've done 20+ oral steroid cycles over the years and drank heavily at times, actually daily for a few years in the past. i have normal enzyme levels and still get carded ocasionally when buying beer. it hasn't aged my appearance. i look 10 years younger than i am. at 43, i have very few wrinkles or grey hairs, i have to really look to find one, which like i stated, genetics. my mother is 68 and doesn't have grey hair. she looked young until she got into her 60's.

jmo

Edited by rebelhead, 21 January 2016 - 05:13 PM.

• Agree x 1

#35 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

No I don't mean all body builders (I think of SOME of the ones I have known,  also wrestlers obsessed with making weight,  etc.)  since only half of the ones I've met at the gym seem that way.   I tend to notice it more when people are OCD about stuff too (but trust me,  there ARE a lot of bodybuilders who seem to think the same way eating disorder folks do.   But you are right,  NOT every single one of them.)  Your attitude is obviously among the healthy ones.

Interesting you should say that about steroids because I had the exact same conversation not an hour ago with a friend of mine.   We both agreed that you cannot trust the exaggerated descriptions the public has been given for years about steroid use as they are practically laughable.  Heck I'd feel safer with the illegal steroids than LEGAL SSRIs which are harmful to bone (a worry for me)  and to brain over time.   He was wanting to start another cycle but both of us tend to like our drink occasionally and he was wary of this.   You say you drink and everything is fine,  but how often do you test your liver (I am about to and it is VERY expensive for me to test anything at all!   I had to beg my doctor to test thyroid levels,  and I do mean BEG.)  For me all pills and all things taken affect liver,  usually negatively -- I prefer to assume this since I have no other way of knowing,   and better safe than sorry.    We are thinking of going on a growth hormone cycle which is so expensive,  but perhaps worth trying out for a short time?     I would love your input on this since you have had experience with this AND you say you drink.   I simply have to have the red wine like two or three nights a week.   I guess I could try to stop....

#36 rebelhead

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:48 AM

No I don't mean all body builders (I think of SOME of the ones I have known,  also wrestlers obsessed with making weight,  etc.)  since only half of the ones I've met at the gym seem that way.   I tend to notice it more when people are OCD about stuff too (but trust me,  there ARE a lot of bodybuilders who seem to think the same way eating disorder folks do.   But you are right,  NOT every single one of them.)  Your attitude is obviously among the healthy ones.

Interesting you should say that about steroids because I had the exact same conversation not an hour ago with a friend of mine.   We both agreed that you cannot trust the exaggerated descriptions the public has been given for years about steroid use as they are practically laughable.  Heck I'd feel safer with the illegal steroids than LEGAL SSRIs which are harmful to bone (a worry for me)  and to brain over time.   He was wanting to start another cycle but both of us tend to like our drink occasionally and he was wary of this.   You say you drink and everything is fine,  but how often do you test your liver (I am about to and it is VERY expensive for me to test anything at all!   I had to beg my doctor to test thyroid levels,  and I do mean BEG.)  For me all pills and all things taken affect liver,  usually negatively -- I prefer to assume this since I have no other way of knowing,   and better safe than sorry.    We are thinking of going on a growth hormone cycle which is so expensive,  but perhaps worth trying out for a short time?     I would love your input on this since you have had experience with this AND you say you drink.   I simply have to have the red wine like two or three nights a week.   I guess I could try to stop....

lol, yeah i thought  u meant ALL of them, text communication as opposed to verbal is probably responsible for about half of the disagrements on the boards. but yeah, i agree that some are damn fanatical about it.

yeah, the gov and media have made these medicines out to be like some kind of poison that turns people into raging nutjobs right before they die of liver failure and a heart attack at the same time while smashing the furniture with one hand and beating your girlfriend with the other. lmao

but srs i haven't had my enzymes checked in a fairly long time because i stopped doing oral cycles. not because of liver damage but because of how they tend to wreck you lipids. i'm gettin older and dont want clogged arteries if i can prevent it. u can buy a labcorp test online and then go get bloodwork done. they will tell you where to go. its not that expensive. nowadays i really only use testosterone. i've done them all and test is best. few sides and it doesn't change my personality. i feel completely normal on it. and its cheap which is always a plus.

GH is WAAAAY to expensive for the results it gives imo, and without roids, u'd likely just lose a little bf. sarms is a cheaper option. ostarine was pretty good. only one i've tried.

i always tried not to drink on oral cycles but sometimes would. and i'm talkin tying one on too. 12+ high alcohol beers at a time...... a little wine or a 6 pack, i wouldn't even think twice about that. the only thing i noticed was a headache sometimes and a worse hangover if i went over 8 beers or so. they are broken down by 2 completely different processes in the liver.

all orals are not created equally though. sd IS fairly toxic ime. i wont do it again. m1t, pretty harsh but didn't really bother me and i did high doses. stuff like anavar and epistane are mild as far as sides for me. dbol wasn't too bad, gave me bad gyno though. the methyl estradiol is harder to control imo. epi was my favorite. its still around on the auction site as are some others like dmz, msten, and trenavar. i didn't care for trenavar, but its not 17aa, so likely very little liver strain.

#37 Manwhoworkstoomuch!

• Validating/Suspended
  • 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

Can't really tell. I like the guy, he looks cheerful.

• like x 1

#38 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

He looks around 50.

Can't believe he's only a little older than me. D:

• Disagree x 1

#39 beefnewton

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

Isn't there a relationship between DHT and collagen?  He could just have naturally higher DHT, and the face always seems to be the most sensitive (for me).  Only reason I mention that is my face looks very young for my age, and I have had low testosterone/DHT since puberty.  I can't give studies to back that up.  Ran across it multiple times previously, but I can't seem to find the proper Google combo at the moment.

#40 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

I think that high levels of androgens is generally agng for young people. I mean, that you will appear more mature and older looking because it makes the skin thicker (epidermis), rougher, more oily and its effects on facial structure. High levels of androgens also might mean less fat on your face. 

I think for older people who have not protected their skin, the opposite might be true. Higher testosterone will have a net benefit, and you'll look younger.

This is just speculation, but people who have less testosterone appear more "boyish" for longer. Also, just look at trans women, sometimes they appear 5-10 years younger once they block T and take estrogen. 

There's also some good evidence in animals at least that testosterone is pro aging in general.

#41 male_1978

• 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:23 PM

I think its in general a good approach to look, what people are doing who look very young or old for their age - and then draw conclusions from that.

Most noticable for this guy is, that he has almost no fat. This might be good for muscles, but it makes the face look older. So i conclude that having very litte fat in the face is not helpful if you want to look young.

However, maybe hyaluronic acid could fill up he face if you take supplements. Its just an idea.

#42 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

Smart thinking,   which has already been done (but great idea.)   Just as fat can NOT be sucked out from the body  no matter what fraudulent beauty companies try to tell you,   and make billions off of,   you cannot shove certain large molecules of hyaluronic acid into the face topically  (even thought they are shilling this to high heaven everywhere,   from Skinceuticals to Rodan and Fields etc for hundreds of dollars a jar).   Now,   do they work if you INTAKE them?   This seems more likely.   But just how much do you need to take before it even works well enough?   I never see a single difference from this but might try again.   The only other route would be injectable and that's dicey since it often can and does go wrong  (but Allergan will never admit this.)

#43 male_1978

• 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

Smart thinking,   which has already been done (but great idea.)   Just as fat can NOT be sucked out from the body  no matter what fraudulent beauty companies try to tell you,   and make billions off of,   you cannot shove certain large molecules of hyaluronic acid into the face topically  (even thought they are shilling this to high heaven everywhere,   from Skinceuticals to Rodan and Fields etc for hundreds of dollars a jar).   Now,   do they work if you INTAKE them?   This seems more likely.   But just how much do you need to take before it even works well enough?   I never see a single difference from this but might try again.   The only other route would be injectable and that's dicey since it often can and does go wrong  (but Allergan will never admit this.)

Just a side note: Hyaluronic acid pills really work and they actually work very fast. 

You take between 200 and 500 mg a day, and the face will look much fuller ( and thereby younger) and smoother within a few days while smaller wrinkles disappear. You can compare it to an inflating balloon.

Just try it out yourself, HA is a very inexpensive supplement and more effective than any topical cream i tried.

• Informative x 1

#44 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:07 AM

wow that's some great claims so you have conv inced me to try it again.   I mean,  I used up an entire powdered bag of it in the past (both to make my own creams as well as to take by mouth)  and I'll be honest,   I don't remember seeing ONE DIFFERENCE.   Which sucks.   I will try this again...  I don't wrinkle (yet)   but I definitely need more fat to my face.   And I don't want to GET fat to get the fat.

#45 male_1978

• 109 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:16 AM

wow that's some great claims so you have conv inced me to try it again.   I mean,  I used up an entire powdered bag of it in the past (both to make my own creams as well as to take by mouth)  and I'll be honest,   I don't remember seeing ONE DIFFERENCE.   Which sucks.   I will try this again...  I don't wrinkle (yet)   but I definitely need more fat to my face.   And I don't want to GET fat to get the fat.

I am not a doctor, but as far as i know there is as difference in the size of the molecules. Smaller HA-Molecules seem to reach the tissues better where they will smooth up your face.

A problem with fat in the face however is, that its often at the wrong place. Young people have more fat below the eyes, which makes the face look full. In older people, everything sinks down, including this fat and the skin.  Hylauronic acid pills alone do NOT reverse this. Here you would need a better collagen structure (maybe supplements or retinol help).

You can imagine the effect of HA as if you just pump a little water below your skin - everywhere. Its not very helpful at parts which hang down or if you have chubby cheeks. Btw. you probably realize the effect of HA more if you are older, because in young people the skin already has plenty of HA.

If you want to prove what i say, go to this thread, check my skin pictures, guess my skin age and see what i am using. 

https://www.longecit...comparism-idea/

#46 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:34 PM

Robby Robinson is 70yrs Old

https://www.google.c...Af1gktiFOfWBHM:

#47 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

Check out this 68-year-old. Absolutely shredded yet his face is not emaciated and he looks pretty healthy.

https://www.instagram.com/billh1950

#48 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:03 AM

Looking trough his page I'm pretty sure he is on anavar or something hence so shredded. Also he used to be a model and I wouldn't be shocked if he's had botox injections (still?) or plastic surgery. Looking healthy (or muscular) to you which is subjective, does not mean you are healthy on the inside, it is easy to device others with  angles in pictures and videos, lighting and makeup etc to appear that way. 

IMO people should stay away from steroids they rapidly age you.

Edited by kurdishfella, 18 February 2020 - 08:06 AM.

#49 jakeb

• 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:33 PM

It's impossible to get good polling in a context like this forum.

Everyone will assume that every photo posted is of someone older who is trying to look young for their age. They'll always skew their guesses older. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ageless looks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users