Photo
- - - - -

Alternatives to Paxil?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mortigitempo

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:51 AM

First of all, a friend of sorts recommended me to these forums saying that you could be very helpful with a problem of my type. I'm not sure if this is posted in the correct forum, my apologies in advance if it's not.

Anyway, I suffer from clinical depression. I was prescribed 36.5 mgs of Paxil CR and felt pretty well while I was on it. Now, unfortunately, I'm not in a spot where I can afford the stuff. I've tried a number of things to help cope... from changing my diet (turkey,bananas, grapefruit), to excercising, to hypnotherapy/self-hypnosis, and have come up with only limited success.

Are there any other cheap alternatives to anti-depressants?

#2 funkmasterflex

• 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:35 PM

Tianeptine (stablon) seems to be a staple for some. Both IAS and uniquenutrition.net carry it for about 30 bucks. It is actually a reverse of an SSRI, but seems to have similiar benefits. I also would try Theanine, Bacopa, Phenibut ( short term), and even insitol in higher dose. I guess its all in personal physiology to see what works.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 goedikey

• 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 05:40 PM

I am using 5-HTP and its been very helpful but it does make me a bit drowsy.
You could also try L-Tyrosine in the morning.

I am not certain if these things are cheaper than Paxil though.

Good luck !

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 cesium

• 138 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:05 PM

Have you tried SAMe or St John's Wort?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users