is Actovegin a nootropic?

actovegin tiger woods

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:53 AM

The first time I've heard of Actovegin was a few years ago when there was a news about Tiger Woods who took shots of it in Europe. The article seem to liken it to "doping" but it's clearly not HGH or steroids. I bought one from a now defunct European online drugstore after I read the news, but the product never came due to postal customs and I got a refund. I bought the injectable form but never came but now I see Actovegin in pill form at this newly discovered nootropic seller: https://psypharm.com/actovegin-tablets

Active substance: Deproteinized gemoderivat of calf blood.

Quick Overview

Pharmacological group:
  • Antihypoxants and antioxidants;
  • Angioprotectors and proofreaders microcirculation;
  • Regenerants and reparants.

Pharmacological action:

Antihypoxant represents gemoderivat which is prepared by dialysis and ultrafiltration (permeate compounds with a molecular weight less than 5000 daltons).

Increases deposit of glucose by cells, increases oxygen consumption increases oxidative phosphorylation in mitochondria, thereby increasing the level of ATP and normalizing metabolism and the energy balance of the cells in tissues.

Actovegin increases the concentration of ATP, ADP, phosphocreatine, and amino acids (glutamate, aspartate) and GABA.

Effect of the drug Actovegin on the assimilation and utilization of oxygen, as well as insulin-like activity with the stimulation of glucose transport and oxidation are important in the treatment of diabetic polyneuropathy.

Patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetic polyneuropathy Actovegin significantly reduces symptoms of polyneuropathy (stabbing pain, burning sensation, paresthesia, numbness of limbs). Objectively reduced sensitivity disorders, improves mental well-being of patients.

Actovegin effect begins to appear no later than 30 minutes after ingestion, and reaches a maximum on average after 3 hours (2–6 hours).

Here is the old Tiger Woods news regarding Actovegin use:

http://www.nydailyne...rticle-1.432799

Edited by eon, 03 January 2015 - 06:04 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: actovegin, tiger woods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users