Hup A 50 mg
Idebenone 1 ml
Pyritnol 400 mg a day before studying
Aniracetam 1500 mg
B50 Compound 1 tablet
Selenium 100 mg
Dmae 125 of pure (2 capusules)
Alpha Gpc 800 mg tablet

When should I take a break off the nooropics once a week or is there a break you should be taking everyday.

I am recieving deprenyl and Hydergine. How should I be factoring these into my regime.

Just a side note = I have been using these trops for about a 1 and a half and the effects have been good for studying and concentrating and also focusing. I can remember information faster it seems. I look forward to the months to come.. (Just a short testimonial).

Blessing
Soundmind

#2 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:07 PM

Why bother taking a break at all?

I like to inquire from you, Soundmind, whether you are having some concern about continuous intake of your self-imposed regimen of supplements.

Evidently you have, otherwise you would not be asking the opinions of others who are more knowledgeable and more experienced here.

May I just hear from you what are the particulars of your concern over continuous taking of supplements without any interruption.

People who are diabetic or hypertensive have to adhere to their daily maintenance dosages of anti-diabetics and anti-hypertensives, otherwise they would not live longer than they would with them.

Since I assume you are healthy in mind and also in body, then your intake of supplements presumptively is making you even more healthy and more productive in mind and in body.

So why take a leave at all?

People who are prospecting for gold, once they land into a rich vein, they never stop mining the gold, until the gold has been totally unearthed and taken away in safe keeping.

May I hear from you why you are contemplating on taking a break from your regimen?

Susma

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:16 PM

This is actually a very good question. If the drugs are good for us, why do we take time off from them? It may be that some of them have side effects and must be cycled for that reason. It does not follow that they all have side effects. I asked about this before and was told it's a good idea to take a few days off per month. It seems that there have been no studies showing ill effects from continuous useage, at least with most noots. Does anyone know what positive benefits we get from laying off once in a while? Does anyone know which ones need to be laid off from and which ones can be taken continuously? It seems right to get off of drugs now and then on the general principle that they may have long term ill effects if used continuously but is this true? We take vitamins constantly and no one suggests laying off vitamins now and then. I don't know the answer, I'm hoping someone does.

#4 magister

• 70 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:57 PM

perspective

#5 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:54 PM

Just an exercise in common wisdom.

I myself don't take any food supplements and smart drugs.

My brother who is a neurologist takes them by the cupfuls every meal, I mean when he places the pills, capsules, tablets, granules, etc., in a cup they fill up one and a half cups, at every meal.

He advises me to do the same. I said, No, thank you.

And no, he's not more healthy than I; he fainted in the bathroom once from bleeding ulcers which for being a doctor he did not even have an inkling about his condition. And of course, no, his ulcers need not necessarily be due to his ingestions of food supplements and smart drugs in massive dosages.

I am not a doctor; however I want to call myself a man in the street, employing my faculties of reason and free choice jealously.

Admittedly some people might really need to take food supplements and smart drugs in order to live a normal life, that life lived by at least 80% of mankind who have survived life to an age so as to be able to lead an autonomous self-reliant and self-sufficient existence.

What percentage of mankind need food supplements and smart drugs, in order to live like the 80% of mankind who everyday enjoy good health and perform the daily burdens and endure the stresses of a productive schedule, experiencing also the pleasures of life and work?

I like to believe, a small percentage of mankind.

My policy for myself and my family is to provide sufficient foods and liquids for everyone, to enable everyone to eat a balanced diet of natural nutrients, in dishes representing meats, seafoods, dairy products, vegetables and fruits.

I make sure that everyone get to have rest and recreation, opportunities for exercise or physical exertions, hours of peace and silence for sleep, and we get along with each other, loving each other, serving each other, and being polite all the time with each other.

No doubt in old age I might have to take food supplements and smart drugs in order to live more comfortably and last longer, to compensate for the wear and tear to my biology, this vessel of clay, from years and years of service to myself. Until then I don't think that I will employ my funds to invest in nutrition supplements and performance enhancing drugs.

Susma

#6 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:56 PM

Just more things that none of you want to read

Susma

;)

#7 soundmind

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:52 PM

Susma

I believe that everyone ha sthe right to his or own opnion and I respect yours truly I do. You are very strong in you beliefs in not taking nootropics, no one hear is going to fight with you
to prove you wrong because it would be pointless. One time I heard a saying that went like if you still have to argue about the truth then you DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH - You have a right to express your views as do others on this board but if you are constantly repeating yorself than you my friend sound like your uncertain about your beliefs too.

Anyways, I was wondering if any one knowledgeable about nootropics could tell me about cycling if and when it should be done.

Thank you
Blessings

#8 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

i'm starting a 15-20 day break from deprenyl...let's all hope for the best ;)

ps i won't be here till tuesday so don't think i'm gone forever :))

#9 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:49 PM

magister wrote:

" perspective"

Yes, taking time off from the noots lets you realise what they are doing for you by taking it away. I can see that being of some value but not for doing it every month. To lay off on a regular basis means you believe there are negative side effects. We are kind of working in the dark here. That's one reason I'm sticking with the stuff that's been around for years and has tons of studies done. I wonder though, why no long term studies on most things?

sus, I think your hang up is with the fact your brother is a doctor and you aren't. Your sibling rivalry has taken over your thinking. If you can be more healthy than him, you feel you have won some sort of victory. None of your arguments against nootropics are very logical. I think you do it for attention more than anything else. Saying people got by throughout history without them is a weak argument. The average lifespan used to be 40 years, before that it was probably 25 years. I would not like to go back to those conditions.

#10 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

If you ever get that sense of "inertia" from taking all this stuff... that's when you take a day or two off. "Inertia" to me is this feeling that my mind is going at a pace I begin to feel wary of sustaining. Anyone else ever ask yourself after a stretch of using a stimulating stack? "Am I going to be able to keep this up for ever? a few more months? a few more days?" May be it's just me, but that's one reason to take a break.
A weekly day-off isn't a bad idea either; and as a student, perhaps a whole weekor two off after finals. There are so many situations and correlative "time-off" periods to ponder so best take it all into your own hands as you have the best understanding of how you react to the noops and how a break fro mthem would fit into your life.
As to the question of there being any benefits from taking a break, well, here's an experiential musing: it's usually the first day I take off from noops that I feel A) most loose and relaxed, and B) like the noops are no longer in my system but a therapeutic halo effect still exists. Now, if you consider this period as a therapy in itself then it is in a way a day for your body to contemplate, engrain, and copy the effects and thus your will do repeat them with less need for the actual drugs. Almost as if the noop-taking period was a workout and the day-off was a resting period for the muscles to rebuild...or a length of note-taking and then time to study them. But I really can't say if such analogies could translate to the chemical nature of the brain and body. It does happen when you get someone off an unhealthy GI tract diet onto one that regulates and tones that system with better food and meal timing. I hate to contrast the bowels with the mind, but I know one person on this thread that stands as an example of this. ;) Food for thought, that's all.

#11 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:25 PM

lipex, do you feel as though you've been overstimulated? What I'm hearing is that it seems to tire you out. How well do you sleep while using them? What sort of stack do you use? I'm not knocking the time out theory, I plan to take some timeouts myself just to see how I feel about it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:35 PM

It came down to being the ALC I had in my short stack...and a little too much aGPC. I've lowered the latter to good effect but it seems both ALC and ALCARginate make me far too wound up.

Edited by liplex, 13 August 2005 - 12:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users