• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Increasing D2-receptor in the reward center for motivation and related

nacc d2 receptor d2long nucleus accumbens reward center upregulating receptor motivation adhd

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

@Area-1255:
I am not saying that any of this is is wrong, but do you really believe that your words will gain more power if you make them look like you are screaming and use other means of non-standard emphasis that seek to annoy the way in which other people perceive the world?

My words have "power"  either way  - and plenty of people like the way I write....

It signifies definitions, not loops.  :sleep:

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Disagree x 2
  • Agree x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#32 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

You guys may also be intrested in the full Serotonin cycle and how the Gi tract is heavily involved with it, instead of focusing on parts that are, for histories sake 'self regulating'? With healthy levels of Magnesium one is able to initiate a strong Ca+ cascade, this is how the central nervous system operates after all. All the Catecholamins do is act as semi conductors/electrical potential switches in the network of CNS, real drive for production comes from many sources not the manipulation of receptor sites. Poke 'em with a stick as much as you like, without adiquate building blocks nothing will happen except a shuffle of internal resources=a short term feeling something changed. Chemically indused brain damage is where the brain changes it's operation and structure because of it's environment, change the environment for the better and it starts to become whole again. Everything that passes ones lips, colours reflected on, skin contact, content of air breathed(rate of breathing), and state of emotions(driven by beliefs), internal flora, stored poisons(mineral, chemical) constitutes the internal environment. The bloodbrain barrier can tend to 'harden' in a harsh internal invironment, this makes treatment DIFFICULT for those who just focus on narrow  aspects of the  MASSIVLEY complex and interrelated bio chemical system that is us. The liver is very important for happiness, I find giving it a rest and clean helps, isn't vitamin D3 involved there too?? The reason I'm posting here is not because I'm a know nothing vitamin peddler, far from it, I'm posting here because I thought I'd do everyone a big favour and prevent you WASTING time. Sensations(physical and emotional) become blurred and strange with unnatural intervention. Once the tickle of highs meanders back to reality, over and over and over again, you'll soon realise after many attempts and many years, that I am profoundly right. We are all geniuses waiting to be freed, freed by our own choice of environment that works for us? And keeps working for all.                           Because of the interelation is so deep amongst biological pathways, a few things extra in the diet will NEVER work(be they drugs, hormones, vitamins, bio implants, happy faces, extra money, etc) to bring someone into health and keep them there. Unblocking a depressive state in someone is easy, getting the someone to understand the importance of their environment is next to impossible because of the cultural barriers of ignorance. Hence the 'shallow beliefs' bit in my profile! Glad to be of assistance. Please check out my other posts for more info.

Should I second that, or just point out that multivitz here is getting it handed to him, and no sign of a like .....anywhere.

Cocaine plays with the 'yes-no' pathway in the brain. This means in essence it disrupts the natural path of the brains energy. That means your brain has to expend energy putting it back to how it should be. Every drug that joins or touches a biological compound effectivly renders it useless after its ionic effect has worn off. The body then has to dispose of the spent compound, usually putting a massive strain on the immune system. If this was not the FACT then drugs would work, drugs seldom replace a fresh herb or fortified nutritional intake. If you want to raise L-dopa levels you have to raise Serotonin levels, unfortunately your body seeks homeostasis. Unless you have used vitamin D3 with adiquate nutrition and exercise you really have a narrow viewpoint on the subject of human growth. Its all about balance after you get the building materials inside. Use organic gold standard vitamin D3, steer clear of synthetics, and believe. Drugs are not infinite in their effect, natrure is. People get confused with the effect of dopamine, its usually a peak effect you feel as the Serotnin raises to balance with it! Check out my other posts for more info, thanks.

Isn't it typically the other way around, raising serotonin triggers dopamine cascades, at least in terms of pleasure/reward pathways?

Also, it's hard to take you seriously, when your username is Multivitz, and you're plugging 'organic gold standard' vitamin D3 and herbs/nutrients. Not that I'm against (some) use of nutrients and supplements, but you just sound like someone who came on this site to shamelessly con people into buying some product.

I feel obliged to mention that you disagreed without mentioning any references, used extremely vague terminology, and are just a 'tad off topic here as well.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

"People get confused with the effect of dopamine, its usually a peak effect you feel as the Serotnin raises to balance with it!" you've seem to have over emphasised this statement I made, please note the explanation mark at the end of it. You showed caution, then your lack comment to all that I have said, as if it 'doesn't concern you' and then said that you had handed my behind to me. I didn't say what you said was wrong at all. I said that you were wasting your time, and others, for an indeavor into phsyco receptive chemistry that is merely acting on cells that are a product of their environment, and that the environment as a whole has to be understood and recognised. It's not a popularity contest, but you would like it to be? You'll be playing with yourself if thats the case :|? and any other Ego that feels the need to join in.  Any cascade in neuro chemistry needs cells that have something to cascade, a bit hard to do in a system, that has depression and that is historically very difficult to quantify through any test. If you want a super brain that doesn't suffer, treat the whole person, not just bits you understand a bit about. Vague terminology indeed :laugh: By the way if you're twitching, its a sure sign that Calcium ion complexes are out of balance. Research Nicotinamide, thats produced in the Thyroid and is used throughout the body, especially the parts of the mid brain you were talking about. Don't bother thanking me, it may make you look weak in front of your peers :unsure: Sorry for the lack of references, but I thought all I was quoting was the standard model overview of biochemistry. I hope you can see theres alot more to it that just receptor playing. Calcium ions get moved by the Magnesium ion potential difference, its the mechanism that maintains tissue condition and prompts nerve growth....where's your reference bla, bla ,blah. There's no reward, its just a feedback system of chemicals to help us traverse the environment, I think you must be getting that mixed up with Chi, you know that lifeforce thing that makes us feel happy no matter what!

Edited by Multivitz, 09 February 2015 - 08:28 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#34 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

"People get confused with the effect of dopamine, its usually a peak effect you feel as the Serotnin raises to balance with it!" you've seem to have over emphasised this statement I made, please note the explanation mark at the end of it. You showed caution, then your lack comment to all that I have said, as if it 'doesn't concern you' and then said that you had handed my behind to me. I didn't say what you said was wrong at all. I said that you were wasting your time, and others, for an indeavor into phsyco receptive chemistry that is merely acting on cells that are a product of their environment, and that the environment as a whole has to be understood and recognised. It's not a popularity contest, but you would like it to be? You'll be playing with yourself if thats the case :|? and any other Ego that feels the need to join in.  Any cascade in neuro chemistry needs cells that have something to cascade, a bit hard to do in a system, that has depression and that is historically very difficult to quantify through any test. If you want a super brain that doesn't suffer, treat the whole person, not just bits you understand a bit about. Vague terminology indeed :laugh: By the way if you're twitching, its a sure sign that Calcium ion complexes are out of balance. Research Nicotinamide, thats produced in the Thyroid and is used throughout the body, especially the parts of the mid brain you were talking about. Don't bother thanking me, it may make you look weak in front of your peers :unsure: Sorry for the lack of references, but I thought all I was quoting was the standard model overview of biochemistry. I hope you can see theres alot more to it that just receptor playing. Calcium ions get moved by the Magnesium ion potential difference, its the mechanism that maintains tissue condition and prompts nerve growth....where's your reference bla, bla ,blah. There's no reward, its just a feedback system of chemicals to help us traverse the environment, I think you must be getting that mixed up with Chi, you know that lifeforce thing that makes us feel happy no matter what!

I can assure, you are completely incapable of "making me look weak in front of my peers" - seems you are suffering from a delusion of sorts.
It also seems like your intent is to troll and antagonize, either way - people have caught on to it, long ago.

While I appreciate your emphasis on "calcium ion complexes" - it's also worth noting that I've written several articles on this topic - ranging from histamine's interactions to homeostatic interactions. 

Finally, it's interesting cause and effect - because I can simply feel what you are trying to emanate - but it doesn't touch me. My psychology is immune from any kind of rigorous fondling or metaphorical rhetoric aimed at discrediting me...while you may be able to submerge a monkey or common man even, in the abyss you have plundered your antagonistic approach in - you are incapable of affecting me in any even remotely similar fashion. 

Many people have tried - and all have found the same thing, causing any relative blood fostering. boiling, or the spontaneous sadness that so many are afflicted with - in me...is next to impossible. I am not emotionally moved, or amused by your approach , rather, simply responding by analytical thought and specific addressing of your points in question.

With that being said, continue to promote your thesis and observations, if it has scientific merit and may benefit the forum or this movement. 

OH, and...one more thing, you might* want to start adding separations to those long paragraphs so the fellas with poor vision or those prone to attention problems can actually recognize your drivel.  ;)   :sleep:

Edited by Area-1255, 09 February 2015 - 11:45 PM.

• unsure x 1
  • Well Written x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Agree x 1

#35 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:46 AM

Yes I thought you would go for the bait :-D (its low down way to get responses I know lol), of course Serotonin limits and lifts dopamine levels,  both use and respond to the same inhibitor enzyme. Balance needs to be understood in the BIO PATHWAYS,(absorbion of diet, individual requirements for raw materials), for the bennefits YOU guys are after. Calling a stranger an arsehole is kinda offensive, was my post offending you that much? Have you guys been battling for years against uneducated fools? Neurons compared to other cells in the body are Homeostatic masters, because of this fact the nervous system keeps us alive through environmental changes. There is Chi, it comes from the air we breath, it excites neurons. If you want to raise levels of your catecholamines what do you do, first you ask someone who has a high success in accompolishing this in themselves and others, and see what they are doing. A system that is close to a 100% is not unusual, people saying it is an impossible percentage is very common. The ones that get agressive and insulting are by their own actions DEPRESSED, depressed in there future assumptions of an individual, or frustration to their lack of real time practiced understanding of a subject. Either way they made actions to bring others down to thier level? When people say they have tried taking vitamins and other stuff.......it didn't work :sad: what they are really saying is that their body has such a long term deficiency, in what ever area, they have run out of patience morally and have taken on board negative assumptions that are told as incomplete positives i.e they are in a sea of information with others wanting to help.                          I have been battling fools for nealy 30 years, and talk to people as if they were here. The reason I recommended the D3 is that mega dosing does not work without massive diety support. D3 fuses minerals through the cell membrane, the cells use minerals for the production of Catecholamins. If there is ONE component missing, NOTHING of use happens. This is where the myth of megadosing comes from, its not needed, but can be used if you really DO know what you're doing. D3 is NOT A vitamin for crying out loud!! Read up on the stuff for a few DAYS to get the gist, then you may not be so damn ignorant :cool:

When you're using con-artist double speak to sound important to the naive, at least spell 'benefit' correctly, especially when there's a built in spell check, and it's your job to have a smooth presentation.

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#36 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

@Area-1255:
I am not saying that any of this is is wrong, but do you really believe that your words will gain more power if you make them look like you are screaming and use other means of non-standard emphasis that seek to annoy the way in which other people perceive the world?

he is always doing that. he is really damn annoying. check out his site, its one of the most horrible designs i have seen. its all colors flipping left and right, causing siezures and a lot of caps and yelling and really weird black font. i dunno, it says the guy has problems. most of his articles are also very weird :S

• Agree x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#37 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

@Area-1255:

My words have "power"  either way  - and plenty of people like the way I write....

your words are siezure inducers. and plenty of people DONT like them.

it signifies annoyance, not "definitions"

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#38 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

Yes I thought you would go for the bait :-D (its low down way to get responses I know lol), of course Serotonin limits and lifts dopamine levels,  both use and respond to the same inhibitor enzyme. Balance needs to be understood in the BIO PATHWAYS,(absorbion of diet, individual requirements for raw materials), for the bennefits YOU guys are after. Calling a stranger an arsehole is kinda offensive, was my post offending you that much? Have you guys been battling for years against uneducated fools? Neurons compared to other cells in the body are Homeostatic masters, because of this fact the nervous system keeps us alive through environmental changes. There is Chi, it comes from the air we breath, it excites neurons. If you want to raise levels of your catecholamines what do you do, first you ask someone who has a high success in accompolishing this in themselves and others, and see what they are doing. A system that is close to a 100% is not unusual, people saying it is an impossible percentage is very common. The ones that get agressive and insulting are by their own actions DEPRESSED, depressed in there future assumptions of an individual, or frustration to their lack of real time practiced understanding of a subject. Either way they made actions to bring others down to thier level? When people say they have tried taking vitamins and other stuff.......it didn't work :sad: what they are really saying is that their body has such a long term deficiency, in what ever area, they have run out of patience morally and have taken on board negative assumptions that are told as incomplete positives i.e they are in a sea of information with others wanting to help.                          I have been battling fools for nealy 30 years, and talk to people as if they were here. The reason I recommended the D3 is that mega dosing does not work without massive diety support. D3 fuses minerals through the cell membrane, the cells use minerals for the production of Catecholamins. If there is ONE component missing, NOTHING of use happens. This is where the myth of megadosing comes from, its not needed, but can be used if you really DO know what you're doing. D3 is NOT A vitamin for crying out loud!! Read up on the stuff for a few DAYS to get the gist, then you may not be so damn ignorant :cool:

It wasn't bait, and that you would think that is the case, shows even more how you're lacking substance. I'm just used to sales people, and you're just too obvious. These forums are for people trying to actually help heal themselves and/or others, or to further scientific discussion and support the advancement of medicine. You are here to try to trick people who don't know better to buy things that aren't going to help them.

Your bro science is weak Multivitz, if you're going to keep lurking, you should know that most here won't fall for it.
I hope English isn't your first language, because otherwise whoever claims to have 'trained' you did a poor job of it.
Your Techno-Babble is pretty laughable, sound like you're on late night TV infomercials. The most vague and misleading 'scientific' jargon mixed with New Age 'Chi' talk, Ridiculous...
Not that I'm a mean guy, but coming here to sell multivitamins which don't do anything for health is preying on people. There is a ton of research proving that multivitamins don't promote health, and in some cases may even harm it.
Having enough of certain things is important, but unless you're correcting a deficiency, most vitamins aren't doing anything positive, with lots of harmful effects for many.
There are some great substances out there, but I doubt you'd even know what you're doing based on the way you speak.

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#39 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

Ok, I went to Area's Blog. And it seems he is obsessing over Phenylethylamine based compounds. The thing he doesn't understand about Phenylethylamine is that it blocks synapses, for most of it's molecular involvement. He was informed of this earlier on in the thread by comments from others, comments like 'I didn't feel anything when on it', or it 'blocks receptor sites'. How can something that blocks be trophic?              A crack head takes blocking drugs to kill pain, to stop guilt, the body fights the drug and gives them the BUZZ, if they take too much, they GO TO SLEEP.  The reason the compounds you're looking at help repair brain injury is because they limit electrical leakage into broken tissuse that would otherwise be inflamed by it. But I bet you were unaware that Serotonin blocks as well, it can do both selectively, its part of the 'wake sleep' cycle, but you knew that, but you got a better buzz out of Phenylethylamine based compounds, and thats what you're going with because thats your massively small experience with these substances so far. I don't care how much they got you to spend on the stuff, YOU HAVE LIMITED GLOBAL UNDERSTANDING.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        To deny Chi is an inmature travesty, no, its unacceptable in this day and age. Making love with you must be a real treat for the lucky one eh. And to attack my spelling lol. So you're saying that you use spell check to hide how stupid you are lol no, my mistake. Unbelivable, left brain dominated boys. Misleading scientific jargon, lol, I wrote in plain English for commen reading and you still had trouble swallowing my rhetoric, then you complained.                                                                                                                                                                             Wow, you tried HTP5, and it made you feel ill, you took vitamins, and they didn't work, you took other stuff that made a massive difference. It made you strong enough to be your own man. Sounds like you had been leaking electric, now you're sealed up and untouchable? No, you're disconnected. Everything yYOU say, I agree with, and understand, but I'm going to have to tell you where you have gone wrong.                                                                                                                                                   DMT is like the sleep form of Serotonin, it needs an alkali base to be active, greens in your diet? With Magnesium and Cholecalciferol Supplements you WILL feel edgy to start, just do them a little at a time every OTHER day, once the Gi tract has established molecular transport fitness through it's lining you can take higher(read normal to higher) doses with supportive Vitamins, zinc and Amino acids(raw egg). A confused state, disrupted sleep, mood swings are the usual symptoms of the Right hemisphere comming alive and balancing with yourselves. This can take weeks, but there are Chi exercises that would have to be taught first hand, depends on the individual. You know there's something more to life, but you can't quite put your finger on it, then you stop and dismiss everything that this poor mainstream science has trouble with lol. 

Being lost little boys, I don't think you'll be man enough to do this. As for the results, (Be bothered to read my other posts) you don't believe me now, because you are firmly trapped by your OWN validity(don't blame others, thats called the blame game, women like to play it!)                                                                                                     I recommend exercise, intense exercise, when you reach good condioning you should be able to exert yourself all day long and wake up feeling you didn't do anything the day before. Of couse there's 'the parameters of health', but in your current state you could NEVER understand them. STOP READING BETWEEN MY LINES, what have I got to gain, I'm here to share my lifes expert knowledge, not to have a spelling test!  Trapped in your own validity, thats a good one, have another look in a dictionary to let that one sink in, thats how I see alot of young people, then they get older and laugh about the time they wasted by not listening to their parents.

• Well Written x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • dislike x 1

#40 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:50 PM

Some links to one of the 'useless' Vitamins. Get off your high horse, blud clud.

This article has a few references:

http://www.vrp.com/s...for-niacinamide

This ones a bit more heavy reading?:

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9682829

Some more info:

http://www.sciencedi...304394013003595

The mid brain is just the gearbox of the mind, to enpower an individual to their full potential both brain Hemispheres must be used and connected well through the neural bridge. Only then will the third eye's information begin to make sense to the individual. Omega 3 oils are so good at decalcifing the Pineal gland crackling can be heard inside ones head!                                                                                                    Rice has Histidine as it's main protien, eating it allows the protien to quiet(block) the rambalings of the mind.  Or just try L-histidine(1000mg doses, with antioxidants), better still give it to someone who chats alot and watch them go quiet after an hour from taking it? It allows contemplation, it stops one putting ones foot in it. Great for immune disorders to, if YOU know what you're doing! Bro science indeed :laugh:

Edited by Multivitz, 10 February 2015 - 03:54 PM.

• Needs references x 2
  • Cheerful x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#41 Son of Perdition

• Validating/Suspended
  • 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

@Area-1255:

Honestly i think you are just very jealous of area...and he is a stand up guy with more fans and more intelligence than u will ever have .

everybody respects area, for good reason...he comes off a little eccentric sometimes...but he's definitely more worthy of respect than u or that other troll phaggot multivitz will ever be. just take a look around u , SON - he's the future, not you. 

• Agree x 5
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#42 AMx Workshop

• Guest Spammer
  • 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

@Area-1255:

you don't actually believe the shit that comes outta your mouth., do you? cus right now it's just pouring profusely....fix that broken pipe, m8!

• Agree x 4
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • like x 1

#43 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

So let's try to keep the rest of this thread, on-topic, I think we already know where I stand  - just took a few more rounds of "bitch-slapping"..but I think that's to be expected.

You simply can't misplace my name wrong - it's pointless to even try....

I will always win...and I'm always going to be a vital part in research and development - and in the transhumanist movement , and in life extension my name will always be known.  ;)  :)

Spit positive or negative, it doesn't make a difference, it doesn't change what I've accomplished - and I will continue to reside in this community and others...for the bettering of the masses and the improvement of life extension as a whole.

Edited by Area-1255, 10 February 2015 - 08:04 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Well Written x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#44 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

@Son o P. You entitled to your opinion. So all the technical talk I gave was not true?? They say if you truly understand a subject you can explain it to a 6 year old? mmmmm The word respect need defining phaggot hater, SECT to look, RE again, the only reason you give Area respect because you have to look again at what he does mmmmm I took the time to read through his web site.  I must say he has a FAIR grasp of his understandings, not a global grasp, but in my replies I gave him pointers he had yet to realise.  I was only reflecting the disrespect I was shown. Also you would understand an Egocentric manner is not condusive to futher understanding of your chosen subject(there are always someone more clever and bigger than you?) as we can all learn off one another in more ways as time goes on.  I'm sure Area found some use from MY posts as they are VERY accurate and I consider they DO stand up to referenced scrutiny and others personal experience. I would NOT be typing anything on LongeCity otherwise! It seems people can't trust my writing style, all I wanted was to stop him wasting time, is that a TROLL crime maggot boy? I keep saying it isn't a popularity contest but 'the fools keep a comming!' wasting time. I was taught 'if you haven't got anything good to say, SHUT UP!'. (Does anyone bother reading the writing under others user names?) Carry on, please?

Edited by Multivitz, 10 February 2015 - 08:27 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Needs references x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • dislike x 1

#45 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:00 PM

Ok, I went to Area's Blog. And it seems he is obsessing over Phenylethylamine based compounds. The thing he doesn't understand about Phenylethylamine is that it blocks synapses, for most of it's molecular involvement. He was informed of this earlier on in the thread by comments from others, comments like 'I didn't feel anything when on it', or it 'blocks receptor sites'. How can something that blocks be trophic?              A crack head takes blocking drugs to kill pain, to stop guilt, the body fights the drug and gives them the BUZZ, if they take too much, they GO TO SLEEP.  The reason the compounds you're looking at help repair brain injury is because they limit electrical leakage into broken tissuse that would otherwise be inflamed by it. But I bet you were unaware that Serotonin blocks as well, it can do both selectively, its part of the 'wake sleep' cycle, but you knew that, but you got a better buzz out of Phenylethylamine based compounds, and thats what you're going with because thats your massively small experience with these substances so far. I don't care how much they got you to spend on the stuff, YOU HAVE LIMITED GLOBAL UNDERSTANDING.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        To deny Chi is an inmature travesty, no, its unacceptable in this day and age. Making love with you must be a real treat for the lucky one eh. And to attack my spelling lol. So you're saying that you use spell check to hide how stupid you are lol no, my mistake. Unbelivable, left brain dominated boys. Misleading scientific jargon, lol, I wrote in plain English for commen reading and you still had trouble swallowing my rhetoric, then you complained.                                                                                                                                                                             Wow, you tried HTP5, and it made you feel ill, you took vitamins, and they didn't work, you took other stuff that made a massive difference. It made you strong enough to be your own man. Sounds like you had been leaking electric, now you're sealed up and untouchable? No, you're disconnected. Everything yYOU say, I agree with, and understand, but I'm going to have to tell you where you have gone wrong.                                                                                                                                                   DMT is like the sleep form of Serotonin, it needs an alkali base to be active, greens in your diet? With Magnesium and Cholecalciferol Supplements you WILL feel edgy to start, just do them a little at a time every OTHER day, once the Gi tract has established molecular transport fitness through it's lining you can take higher(read normal to higher) doses with supportive Vitamins, zinc and Amino acids(raw egg). A confused state, disrupted sleep, mood swings are the usual symptoms of the Right hemisphere comming alive and balancing with yourselves. This can take weeks, but there are Chi exercises that would have to be taught first hand, depends on the individual. You know there's something more to life, but you can't quite put your finger on it, then you stop and dismiss everything that this poor mainstream science has trouble with lol. 

Being lost little boys, I don't think you'll be man enough to do this. As for the results, (Be bothered to read my other posts) you don't believe me now, because you are firmly trapped by your OWN validity(don't blame others, thats called the blame game, women like to play it!)                                                                                                     I recommend exercise, intense exercise, when you reach good condioning you should be able to exert yourself all day long and wake up feeling you didn't do anything the day before. Of couse there's 'the parameters of health', but in your current state you could NEVER understand them. STOP READING BETWEEN MY LINES, what have I got to gain, I'm here to share my lifes expert knowledge, not to have a spelling test!  Trapped in your own validity, thats a good one, have another look in a dictionary to let that one sink in, thats how I see alot of young people, then they get older and laugh about the time they wasted by not listening to their parents.

The only thing you're an expert on; is stupidity. Scientists are intelligent, and that involves reading and writing past a 5th grade level, something you seem unable to achieve.
You would understand that, but first I'd have to teach you some Voodoo rituals involving goat's urine and lemur blood, and the tears of a forsaken Yak. This Yak must be a Himilayan Yak though, or all bets are off, and we need to tears frozen to complete the ritual properly. I'm sure you were taught this in your training in Eastern Medicine right? Don't worry bro, I have your back.

Even if I got all New Age, and validated such ridiculousness, 'Chi' is just supposed to be universal energy, which when applied to ourselves would just mean a uniformly permeating life essence, which just tells me bodily health. I have many friends who are far more spiritually minded than you try so hard to be, and you're not even convincing. Next...

For the 'Left Brained' as you call it, which btw, that's a myth all of us use all of our brains, unless they have severe brain damage or a rare birth defect, although I might believe it in your case?
It seems you even fail at Google, as well as In-Built Spell Check. Pretty sad...
http://www.livescien...brain-myth.html
Speaking of 'Logic' your futile attempts at conveying your own imagined superiority is rife with logical fallacies, such as Red Herring and Straw Man. Might want to look into that.

You say on your profile: "Spotting falasises/untruths by my open natural sense of Trivium." Well said... lol Missed a few in your writing though ;)
Hypocrisy is wonderful isn't it?

I never claimed all nutrients were worthless to supplement, but you just come in here claiming all this crap, when you have no basis, and then cite an article on 'niacinamide' and 'nicotinamide' and think you're substantiated? Are you new here? We all often discuss over 30 pages just to validate the merit in one substance, exploring all the different posited merits and flaws, and how good the evidence is. You then make a bunch of claims about Histidine and Omega 3 fatty acids and don't provide references to your claims, or even a clear train of thought. Have you even proven what 'ramblings of the mind' are? How are we supposed to know wtf you're even talking about, or how to validate it in any way? Why are antioxidants helpful with it?
You're just talking out of your ass! Watch; I'll try. "What you need to do, to cleanse your heart chakra, is to take 1mg of theanine to stop the weight of your mind fulcrum, and clear your fight or flight path into your anxiety centers, make sure to drink a glass of milk with this, and some strawberries in it, otherwise the curdle factor won't be correct in amplifying your third eye."

This is just one example of multivitamins being bogus. Honestly, there were too many articles to pick from.
http://www.scienceba...uld-be-avoided/

There is an abundance of research showing how supplementing with many vitamins is dangerous. You mention zinc specifically, but zinc is neurotoxic in high amounts, which is pretty easy to reach, considering that it's a trace mineral,

and most of us in 1st world nations get an abundance in our diets anyways. Perhaps if you're a complete vegetarian, then maybe not, but that's pretty much the only situation that would result in a zinc deficiency. So again, your blind advocacy is dangerous. You also make no mention of taking a small amount of copper with zinc, and since taking zinc without copper will likely lead to a copper deficiency, this is also dangerous.

http://atbcstudy.can....cancer.gov/   Beta Carotene supplements linked with increased risk of cancer and early death. This is just 1 study showing this connection, but it's from the most reputable source I could find quickly. There are many others.

http://www.cancer.or...als/vitamin-e  Dangers listed of too much E at bottom. States more than 800IU for a long duration

Generally though, most of it is a waste of money.
I worked for years in one of the biggest supplements companies in the world, and we didn't even sell most of the valuable substances that actually work. I always had to use amazon. Typically you have to find one company which makes 1 really awesome thing.

http://www.informati...il-supplements/

Science only just began to understand the importance of REM sleep, and it is now known to be necessary to clear toxic metabolites from the brain, and has memory consolidation purposes. DMT being produced during REM sleep is very likely to be for these purposes.

You bashed Area's website for excessive mentioning of Phenylethylamines and claim to have read his whole site, but that's just 1/3 or less of the first page, not a whole site dedicated to related compounds... So you're a liar by your own admission.

'The reason the compounds you're looking at help repair brain injury is because they limit electrical leakage into broken tissuse that would otherwise be inflamed by it'. Not only is this too vague to be true, but it just sounds like the biggest load of crap. This sounds like you're claiming 'these substances' which, nice sweeping generalization btw, act on healing the Myelin Sheath, or control over voltage gated ion channels, or you are talking about something related to GABA or NMDA antagonism. Yet, you don't say such things, you just tell us all that there's a discombobulation in the ventral portion of the flux capacitor's central sphere, and then jump into a discussion on Ohm and Yoga, all the while 'rambling' yourself, and with a writing style plainly conveying you're Hooked On Phonics.

Edited by HappyShoe, 10 February 2015 - 10:05 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#46 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:56 PM

Science only just began to understand the importance of REM sleep, and it is now known to be necessary to clear toxic metabolites from the brain, and has memory consolidation purposes. DMT being produced during REM sleep is very likely to be for these purposes.

You bashed Area's website for excessive mentioning of Phenylethylamines and claim to have read his whole site, but that's just 1/3 or less of the first page, not a whole site dedicated to related compounds... So you're a liar by your own admission.

I'm gonna go on less than 1/3, just a gut feeling though. (rolls eyes)

One thing that should be noted - I don't think an esteemed company like team True Life Research would appreciate the bro-science being spewed, either. Their site is a perfect example of what "new age treatments and medicine" should look like...if I was bogus, Or not held in high regard, I wouldn't be writing specific articles for them. Which if you go on their site - you can clearly see they are there under their respective product descriptions as well.

http://www.area1255....-n-pea-non.html

http://teamtlr.com/a...e-99-n-pea.html

Edited by Area-1255, 10 February 2015 - 11:57 PM.

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#47 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:53 AM

OMG SadShoe, you have not read anyother of my posts regarding Vitamin supplements, they are a nessesary thing when undertaking growth with amino acid treatment. Please don't make yourself out to be an ass. I'm fully aware of the dangers of cheap vitamins and when they are needed and when they are not. You'll find I recommend Nexgen or other Mythelated type brands. Please don't go picking holes in the my 'vague' style you have trouble understanding. You think you use all sides of your brain? It shows up that both sides are working, but most peoples brains have such a mediocre ion cascade(weak emotional frames) the brain halves brarely influence each other radiographically, if at all in unison. Your prejudgment of me just shows what a overconfident boy you are.                                                                                                      Has anyone here taken the compound DMT, yes, no? Has anyone here had the DMT experience without taking drugs or anyother stimulant, I sinserely doubt it. I HAVE.                         You guys are chasing THC like compounds, Testosterone, Reward releasers, I just thought I'd come on here and let you know my valuable wisdom, all I get is fools prejudging me. Theres some great words about forum arguing on Area's website give that a read. I read enough of Area's website and didn't think it was bad at all.   

Unfortunately Truelife aren't allowed to reseach DMT so they have to skirt around looking at other things, meanwhile the 'holy grail' of neuro science gets poo pooed by all the fools! Just as nearly all Shamanistic practises have been systematically slaughtered and misunderstood since the Roman Empire? Too much info, has left little manners in you Shoehorn or whatever your tag is!

• Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#48 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:49 AM

OMG SadShoe, you have not read anyother of my posts regarding Vitamin supplements, they are a nessesary thing when undertaking growth with amino acid treatment. Please don't make yourself out to be an ass. I'm fully aware of the dangers of cheap vitamins and when they are needed and when they are not. You'll find I recommend Nexgen or other Mythelated type brands. Please don't go picking holes in the my 'vague' style you have trouble understanding. You think you use all sides of your brain? It shows up that both sides are working, but most peoples brains have such a mediocre ion cascade(weak emotional frames) the brain halves brarely influence each other radiographically, if at all in unison. Your prejudgment of me just shows what a overconfident boy you are.                                                                                                      Has anyone here taken the compound DMT, yes, no? Has anyone here had the DMT experience without taking drugs or anyother stimulant, I sinserely doubt it. I HAVE.                         You guys are chasing THC like compounds, Testosterone, Reward releasers, I just thought I'd come on here and let you know my valuable wisdom, all I get is fools prejudging me. Theres some great words about forum arguing on Area's website give that a read. I read enough of Area's website and didn't think it was bad at all.   

Unfortunately Truelife aren't allowed to reseach DMT so they have to skirt around looking at other things, meanwhile the 'holy grail' of neuro science gets poo pooed by all the fools! Just as nearly all Shamanistic practises have been systematically slaughtered and misunderstood since the Roman Empire? Too much info, has left little manners in you Shoehorn or whatever your tag is!

Who didn't read what? I read what you've written, I just can't help but see how foolish you are. Honestly ask yourself, why should anyone take you seriously if you make such vague references and can't spell common works correctly?
You sensationalize everything and talk down to everyone around you, like you're some god of understanding with perfect perspective. You're the one who sounds arrogant, I'm just calling you out on it and it upsets you. Nice job resorting to name calling btw.
People do use both sides of their brain, look it up. I do believe that not all of your brain works now, so you've at least convinced me of that.
You being vague isn't a style, it's an ineffective method of thinking and communicating. Nobody will take you seriously here, unless they're even worse off than you are, unless you actually take the time to explain things. By not explaining things you just look like an idiot who learned a fancy word or phrase once, and loves to bring it out at parties and call attention to himself for being the big-shot. You know what they call people who act like you? 'Histrionic' a new word for ya.
You sound like you have a Cluster-B personality disorder, and you sound like you're Manic as all hell.

What do you even mean by 'most peoples brains have such a mediocre ion cascade(weak emotional frames)' and what the hell do you mean by '...influence each other radiographically', this is all word-salad..........

Nobody is chasing THC or Testosterone, or pleasurable drugs... I'd have to go back and look through the thread, but I don't care to, although I'm confident it must've been references to having high test is beneficial for dopamine sensitization and the THC must've been a reference to Trk.

I know many people who have experienced DMT. That's the best admission you'll get out of me on the subject. Don't think you're a rare unicorn in that aspect.

Sorry to anyone seriously here for real discussion, I apologize for furthering the derailing of this thread. This is the 2nd time in over a year on this site, that anyone has actually disgusted me enough for me to say something over.

• Cheerful x 1

#49 Arjuna

• 130 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:50 AM

Delete this thread or forum plz.
  • Disagree x 3
  • Cheerful x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Agree x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#50 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:53 AM

Nah, it was just getting good ...
  • Enjoying the show x 6
  • like x 1

#51 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

I can't believe SadShoes still going on after the administators deleted half the comments. And to be disgusted enough to have to use his spell checker. I was unaware that he had been nominated an office in the Spellchecker Police. Well the balls in the park(the things I have mentioned), what you do with it is your choice. I'm not prepared to give discourse to such a rude and judgemental, narrow minded plumb. It's my first week on here, and my original comments to others was to prompt them into a higher understanding of the subject that this Forum Discusses, thus preventing, I my humble opinion, them wasting their time. But we find such prats as yourself clueless enough, making personal attacks on strangers, which is folly in itself.                         

Here's a link to a talk an esteemed gentleman made, I really hope you are resonant in his discourse, as he brushes on matters like 'angle of separation' and 'covalant shells', with references and professionalism. When I recommend Magnesium it is for the Oxidative effects outlined in this talk:                                    http://www.longecity...ge/                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I will be starting a Topic about this important research/findings as I found no references to it on LongeCity.

Edited by Multivitz, 12 February 2015 - 12:59 PM.

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • dislike x 1

#52 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

Spell-Check is built into the message posting genius. =D

You've never posted one reference to supplements and dopamine, or actually provided useful information about the topic(with references), even before I gave you a hard time for your pandering.

Notice how my first response to you, was you telling people "Unless you have used vitamin D3 with adequate nutrition and exercise you really have a narrow viewpoint on the subject of human growth."
So 'you' started being rude first, 'you' were off topic, and 'you' don't provide references to back up your ridiculous claims.

If you're just going to troll people and advertise about your supplements, at the very least you're in the wrong forum area; this is 'Brain Health'.

There is an entire board devoted to supplements, that is where you should be discussing such things.

Just do everyone a favor, and in the future, keep your voodoo to a properly titled topic started by you, so intelligent people can ignore it.

Much Thanks.

Edited by HappyShoe, 12 February 2015 - 05:32 PM.

• Agree x 3

#53 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

Spell-Check is built into the message posting genius. =D

You've never posted one reference to supplements and dopamine, or actually provided useful information about the topic(with references), even before I gave you a hard time for your pandering.

Notice how my first response to you, was you telling people "Unless you have used vitamin D3 with adequate nutrition and exercise you really have a narrow viewpoint on the subject of human growth."
So 'you' started being rude first, 'you' were off topic, and 'you' don't provide references to back up your ridiculous claims.

If you're just going to troll people and advertise about your supplements, at the very least you're in the wrong forum area; this is 'Brain Health'.

There is an entire board devoted to supplements, that is where you should be discussing such things.

Just do everyone a favor, and in the future, keep your voodoo to a properly titled topic started by you, so intelligent people can ignore it.

Much Thanks.

Lmao, don't forget the sticky either. :sleep:

Edited by Area-1255, 12 February 2015 - 09:25 PM.

• like x 2

#54 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:52 AM

area1255 caused this flamewar. he is a troublemaker!

• Needs references x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#55 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

area1255 caused this flamewar. he is a troublemaker!

That's not what the moderators said, looks like you're not doing so well in the objective oriented department? ;)

Good Luck,

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#56 GoingPrimal

• 264 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Alright kiddies, let's play nicely...

I for one am intrigued by the original topic brought up in this post and am wondering if someone with a bit more knowledge could answer a few questions, and then we can get back to discussing how to increase our motivation and reward pathways. 

Area, perhaps you could shed some light on a few things real quick? I'm just beginning to take the dive into a more nuanced view of the brain, receptors and the like, I've also just become aware in the past few months of the inverse relationship between dopamine and prolactin, so your first bolded statement intrigued me. This is the first I've read about D2S auto-receptors, as opposed to just regular D2 receptors. A quick googling did not present me with an answer sufficiently dumbed down for me, could you give me the cliff notes? Are these the same as D2 receptors, are they different, and how exactly do they relate to motivation and reward, or is it just through inhibiting prolactin?

Phenyl piracetam and tianeptine should work wonders to increase dopamine receptor expression.

Also, you need dopamine D2S autoreceptors as those happen to be the ones that inhibit prolactin, unfortunately.

The Physiology, Signaling, and Pharmacology of Dopamine Receptors

http://link.springer...819712411020048

The effects of scopolamine and the nootropic drug phenotropil on rat brain neurotransmitter receptors during testing of the conditioned passive avoidance task Abstract
We studied the effects of administration of the new nootropic drug phenotropil (N-carbamoylmethyl-4-phenyl-2-pyrrolidone) at a dose of 100 mg/kg on the quantitative characteristics of dopamine (DA), serotonin (5-HT), glutamate (NMDA), GABA-A (BDZ), and acetylcholine (nACh) receptors in rats using the conditioned passive avoidance task (PAT) under normal conditions and during scopolamine-induced amnesia ex vivo. We found that the cholinolytic drug scopolamine induced a substantial increase in the density (B max) of n-choline receptors in the cortex (by 99% as compared to the control) and NMDA receptors in the hippocampus (by 93%). A single administration of phenotropil (100mg/kg, intraperitoneally) abolished the effect of scopolamine and decreased the number of nACh and NMDA receptors by 46% and 14%, respectively. Phenotropil also abolished the effect of scopolamine on the benzodiazepine receptors and dopamine D1 receptors. Scopolamine decreased the density of D1 receptors by 20% and BDZ receptors by 17%, whereas phenotropil increased the density of receptors by 16% and 25%, respectively. Phenotropil considerably increased the density of dopamine D2 and D3 receptors by 29% and 62%, respectively. Scopolamine also increased the density of D3 receptors by 44% as compared to the control. We did not find any changes in the binding characteristics of 5-HT2 receptors during scopolamine-induced amnesia or during phenotropil treatment. These results demonstrate the role of these receptors in the development of scopolamine-induced amnesia and in neurochemical mechanisms of the anti-amnestic effects of phenotropil.
Original Russian Text © Yu.Yu. Firstova, D.A. Abaimov, I.G. Kapitsa, T.A. Voronina, G.I. Kovalev, 2011, published in Neirokhimiya, 2011, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 130–141.

Further, I take phenylpiracetam pretty regularly, both for the increase in cognition and the increase in dopamine receptors, but your second bolded statement got me wondering. I know scopolamine increased nACh and NMDA receptors initially and phenyl then reduced them, but is phenyl reducing these receptors in my non-scopolamine treated brain? If so, this is sub-optimal, is it not?

Thanks in advance, and let's try to get back to solving our collective woes instead of having a bitch fest.

• Cheerful x 1

#57 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

Alright kiddies, let's play nicely...

I for one am intrigued by the original topic brought up in this post and am wondering if someone with a bit more knowledge could answer a few questions, and then we can get back to discussing how to increase our motivation and reward pathways. 

Area, perhaps you could shed some light on a few things real quick? I'm just beginning to take the dive into a more nuanced view of the brain, receptors and the like, I've also just become aware in the past few months of the inverse relationship between dopamine and prolactin, so your first bolded statement intrigued me. This is the first I've read about D2S auto-receptors, as opposed to just regular D2 receptors. A quick googling did not present me with an answer sufficiently dumbed down for me, could you give me the cliff notes? Are these the same as D2 receptors, are they different, and how exactly do they relate to motivation and reward, or is it just through inhibiting prolactin?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further, I take phenylpiracetam pretty regularly, both for the increase in cognition and the increase in dopamine receptors, but your second bolded statement got me wondering. I know scopolamine increased nACh and NMDA receptors initially and phenyl then reduced them, but is phenyl reducing these receptors in my non-scopolamine treated brain? If so, this is sub-optimal, is it not?

Thanks in advance, and let's try to get back to solving our collective woes instead of having a bitch fest.

D2S which are short-allele dopamine autoreceptors function to inhibit dopamine release in most areas - however , in the hypothalamus they are a bit exclusive and intertwined with histamine and GABA receptors where they function to modulate neurotransmission of those as well......

In order to understand neurobiology you have to understand a few things.

1. Receptor location MATTERS, as joined, heterodimerized, and g-Protein coupling is all relevant and then relates to the brain region TESTED.
  2. Things are never so simple in science, the same is true with neurotransmitters; just like histamine H3 receptors are defined as "AUTORECEPTORS FOR HISTAMINE", yet they are distributed in a way, and co-localized in a way that makes them in fact fairly unselective in their inhibition of neurotransmission - which leads to the inhibition of GABA, dopamine and even receptor function...histamine H3 activation directly and potency reduces the NET activity of dopamine D2 function....(which makes sense, as cAMP goes down then the body uses another mechanism to boost it back up)  .
  3. Not only is generalizing false, but it causes trouble and unintended self-harm, what needs to be understood is one's own TENDENCY; biological, internal, in method of neural regulation and homeostasis.

Dopamine D2S have such interactions that allow for downstream network connections - that distinctly affects GABAergic neurotransmission, similar to how serotonin inhibits GABA by the so-called SEROTONIN autoreceptors......therefore, dopamine D2S autoreceptors inhibit dopamine, GABA and prolactin. 

The post-synaptic receptor is the after point of the synapse, and the long-variant of the dopamine receptor that has even more profound effects on the nervous system transmission ------ direct effects on alpha-waves, and a calming atmosphere, but a relevant increase in GABA is noted..which is why dopamine drugs commonly either SEDATE, or paradoxically they increase anxiety - because the brain has D2S/D2L - but w/e one is more efficiently activated - either by means of determining genetic factors or other less subtle factors - determines the effects one would get from drugs such as requip , cabergoline etc

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#58 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:14 PM

My subjective experience with forskolin is that it does make me more sensitive to the highs of life.  Smoking a cigarette can give me a really powerful rush and my libido seems stronger.  On other forums people claim it helps against amphetamine tolerance.

Keep up the good work, OP.

Here is my experience(be free to call it anicdote)

Forskolin made me better in relating to others. Made conversations more enjoyable.

But at the same time seems made me stupid.

• unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#59 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:21 PM

My subjective experience with forskolin is that it does make me more sensitive to the highs of life.  Smoking a cigarette can give me a really powerful rush and my libido seems stronger.  On other forums people claim it helps against amphetamine tolerance.

Forskolin made me better in relating to others. Made conversations more enjoyable.

What do you define as 'stupid' in this case? I'm curious about your criteria, because there may be an easy explanation for that, or at least, the perception of it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

What do you define as 'stupid' in this case? I'm curious about your criteria, because there may be an easy explanation for that, or at least, the perception of it.

Nice new avi HS.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nacc, d2 receptor, d2long, nucleus accumbens, reward center, upregulating receptor, motivation, adhd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users