Photo

DYI HYDROGEN WATER STICKS....

hydrogen water

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drlarryvon

• 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:28 PM

did some research on hydrogen water sticks, and am trying to DYI.

saw it on amazon, at http://www.amazon.co...=I19R260KGU45MT

any ideas how we can formulate the process ourselves without buying the sticks.

Larry Von

#2 streamlover

• 55 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:47 AM

Hey Larry, I'm a little late getting back to you on this but I only ran across the technology a few months back. I've worked out a cheap and easy method of producing H2 water and it is actually more effective (higher concentrations) than any water machine or pill that I know of. Check it out: DIY Hydrogen Water

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Betsy Maldonado

• Validating/Suspended
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

ooops I meant to put this post in another thread so I deleted it and put it in the right thread.

Edited by Betsy Maldonado, 08 February 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#4 adamh

• 1,013 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:12 PM

Streamlover has a tec, Hip has a tec and they both have their advantages. What I use is straight hydrogen from a tank. It eliminates the time consuming process of making it yourself and also eliminates any impurities that might get into the water from the mg.

Tonight or tomorrow I will make some h2 water when I refill my balloon with h2. I will put some in a glass jar with water, shake and put it upside down in the fridge with a dish under it just in case the lid leaks. Voila, h2 water just as pure as the water you started with. The next few days I will open it, sniff some h2 and drink some water to see if it does more drinking than breathing. I've found it relieves joint pain rapidly by breathing it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Hip

• 2,357 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:20 AM

The "test tube in a bottle" method of making hydrogen rich water that I devised is detailed in this post and subsequent posts in that thread, and is shown in this very short video

Basically the method is this: you place the two reagents — a magnesium rod or magnesium powder, plus an acid such as: malic acid, citric acid or vinegar — inside a test tube or a similar narrow tube. You want to put around 3 grams of malic acid or citric acid into the test tube, plus your magnesium rod, or alternatively around 500 mg of magnesium powder.

Put a stopper on the test tube to prevent the reagents from coming out, but in this stopper, you make a very tiny pin-prick hole to allow the H2 hydrogen gas to escape. Then you just drop the test tube into your bottle that you have filled to the very top with water, and close the bottle lid tight. The H2 hydrogen gas is made from the reaction that takes place inside the test tube, and none of the reagents except the hydrogen can escape into the water; the hydrogen gas bubbles into the water via the pin-prick hole, and slowly collects at the top of the bottle.

I used a 1.5 liter sparkling mineral water plastic bottle, because I read that these sort of plastic soda bottles (PET bottles) can take up to 12 atmospheres (176 psi) of pressure without bursting (and if they do burst, you do not get broken glass flying all over the place, as you would with a glass bottle). I like using a 1.5 liter bottle, but a 1 liter bottle or 500 ml bottle will also work. 

DO NOT USE A GLASS BOTTLE FOR THIS, AS IT WILL LIKELY EXPLODE AND FLYING GLASS MAY INJURE YOU. Use a plastic bottle designed for sparkling mineral water or soda drinks like Coca Cola. 

After around 1 hour, you will find that your reaction in the test tube has all but finished (no more hydrogen gas bubbles produced), and you will see that a lot of hydrogen gas has collected at the top of your bottle. This hydrogen gas will push the waterline down around 7 or 8 centimeters from the bottle top (in a 1.5 liter bottle). The pressure inside the bottle will be around 6 atmospheres at this point (if you have used 3 grams of malic or citric acid as recommended; if you used larger amounts of reagents, then the pressure will be even higher).

At this point, you want to shake your bottle vigorously for 30 seconds. This will help dissolve some of the pressurized hydrogen gas into the water. You will then end up with a strong hydrogen rich water, having an H2 concentration of around 5 ppm. If you don't shake your bottle vigorously, you will only get around 1 ppm, which is weaker. So it is important to shake. 

Now your hydrogen rich water is ready to drink. 

Note that the half life of hydrogen rich water once the pressurized bottle has been opened is around 2 hours. So every two hours, the ppm halves. However, this post details some studies that found even weak hydrogen rich water with low ppm is just as capable of creating health benefits as stronger hydrogen rich water. So in reality, once the pressurized bottle is opened, although its ppm slowly drops, your hydrogen rich water will still be good for around 12 hours after opening.

If you want to measure the ppm concentration of the H2 gas in your hydrogen rich water, I developed a cheap method for doing that in this post and this post

Edited by Hip, 13 February 2017 - 07:55 AM.

• WellResearched x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydrogen water

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users