• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Can additional tags be added to a topic after the thread has started?

topic tags changing a thread

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mag1

• 1,061 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

Is it possible to add additional topic tags once a topic has been started?
Is there some way for the forum member to reenter and edit the starter thread? (change topic tags, topic title and first post of a thread?

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:57 AM

Yes, you can change the tags, by editing the first post in the thread.  Unfortunately if the edit window has passed, then you'll have to get a moderator to do it for you.  I think the edit window is 1 hour.

• Ill informed x 1

#3 mag1

• Topic Starter
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:14 AM

Um, do you know any moderators?

I want to change the topic tag on the thread: Is 3-Bromopyruvate (3-BP) a Cancer Cure? to include the tag "The Cure for Cancer?"

#4 mag1

• Topic Starter
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

A while back I was able to find a list that showed the daily contribution rate of members of forum listed from top to bottom. I have forgotten how I did this.

Does anyone know to do this?
  • Off-Topic x 1

#5 mag1

• Topic Starter
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

Is there a moderator out there that could help out with adding the topic tag "The Cure for Cancer?" to the thread
Is 3-Bromopyruvate (3-BP) a Cancer Cure? in Medicine & Diseases?

I want to use the topic tag to filter out all the other cancer topics so the truly exceptional cancer treatments that have been recently developed (3-BP, CAR T-cell) could shine through. Ideally, this topic tag could be a moderated designation which would require at least one published report of curing severe metastatic cancer (for example, as the cases in the 3-Bromopyruvate thread have demonstrated).
(These patients had life expectancies at most of weeks).

Too many of the cancer threads concern treatments that have never demonstrated such effectiveness.

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:44 PM

"Cancer cure", was added as a tag. (by niner).

If you wanted to see the tags be more useful, maybe you could browse through some the cancer threads, create a list/spreadsheet that would indicate a good tag to be added, such as "cancer cure" (very few), "cancer treatment" (more), "cancer research" (many). We could then have a moderator insert the tags. I would send you quite a few thank you point for such an effort.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#7 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:03 PM

leaders, you are expected to know this...

Users with more than 21 posts (varies) can edit tags freely with no time limit.

Attached File  Capture22.PNG   51.03KB   1 downloads

#8 mag1

• Topic Starter
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

Thank you very much for adding the topic tag, though I guess I should have read the manual (What manual ?) and DIM.

I am not sure whether I will go through other people's threads and add topic tags. Other people might not appreciate it.

However, it might be useful to put this idea into the manual or perhaps a message could be posted on all forums alerting people

to it. If they chose, they could add these topic tags to their threads. 

It might be helpful to do some executive thinking about the idea. A consistent nomenclature could be agreed upon and then these  

such topic tags would have an understood meaning.

For example, when the word cancer was added to any of the following diseases: AIDS, cancer, hypertension, depression, diabetes, stroke, heart disease, Alzheimer's, etc.  

in a topic tag, then such a thread have the meaning of a curative or nearly curative treatment for such diseases. Other topic tags such as treatment, etc. could also have universally understood meanings.

This idea could greatly increase the usefulness of this forum. Information would then be highly organized.

However, it will require some management oversight. The operational definitions of each word will need to be carefully considered. Perhaps different degrees of the word cure might be useful. For example, there are 2 human patient reports in which 3-Bromopyruvate had what roughly could be called curative responses. Perhaps the topic tag "clinical cure" could be the term used when curative responses were documented within the context of a large clinical trial. 

The topic tag idea might require some deliberations, though there it would be a substantial pay back for doing so.    

• Good Point x 1

#9 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:09 AM

leaders, you are expected to know this...

Users with more than 21 posts (varies) can edit tags freely with no time limit.

I guess we're just ill informed.  Can someone point me to the manual?  I recall some while back looking for the "edit tags" function, and looking pretty hard, but not finding it.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't there, because I think I would have seen it.  Then someone told me that you could access it by editing the first post, which worked then, and still does.  Things change around here all the time.  It can be difficult to stay on top of all of it.

• Cheerful x 1

#10 mag1

• Topic Starter
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:42 AM

I just made up the manual bit. :-D  It was more like a mythic manual ... a manual that answered all your questions. 

I think I'll stay away from being promoted to a forum leader. There might be a surprise quiz or something (Closed Book!). 

However, I really want to promote the topic tag idea. It would be very helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users