Photo
- - - - -

Chronic fatigue syndrome

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 simplyplacid

• 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:43 AM

I am looking to supplements to increase energy. Not as caffeine or typical stimulants would. I have just started to delve into this mystery of chronic fatigue. Correct me if I am wrong, but idebone works w/ mitochondria and the krebs cycle to bolster ATP formation? Could this help w/ chronic fatigue? If any one has any info to help it would be very much appreciated.

#2 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:53 AM

From my experience chronic fatigue can be adressed at a much more basic level.

How much protein are you getting per day i.e. tell me what you ate today?

How much liquid/water did you drink today?

What supps are you taking?

High medium or low emtional emotional stress in your life now?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 simplyplacid

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:21 AM

looking for info dealing with nootropics. she eats well and gets plenty of rest. no supps to my knowing.

#4 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:46 AM

Forgive my skepticism, but eats well from your point of view may....or may not really be so e.g. a vegetarian diet would very ill serve someone in her position.

If you're dead set on nootropics so be it. Not sure they are the answer to her problem though. There are other supps that may be of use, but again, first things first.

#5 enigma

• 143 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:10 AM

Its probably worth researching the following for your friends purposes.

ALCAR and R-ALA
Hydergine and other vasodilators
Oxiracetam
SAMe
Idebenone
Vitamin B-12
Other B vitamins
Modafinil/Adrafinil (be extra cautious, but Modafinil has shown to be very effective in CFS in some cases)
Centrophenoxine

She should be taking a high quality multi vitamin in case she is deficient in anything. Taking a multi
vitamin will lower the probability that she is deficient in a vitamin or mineral which could potentially
be a cause of her lack of energy.

#6 haveblue

• 66 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:33 AM

First thing I would suggest is diet as well. This can often be difficult or awkward to bring up with a female friend. But it needs to be done, since they will sometimes eat less than adequately to maintain society's idea of good feminine shape.

Omega3's is the first thing that comes to mind, as well as B complex, and if still no results then look to R-ALA and/or Deprenyl.

#7 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:00 AM

Consider creatine or creatine ethyl ester

#8 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:42 PM

im with scott on this one... diet and mental/emotional health need to be addressed before(or at the same time) as supplementation.

supplement wise:

good multi, omega 3, & ALCAR/RLA combo

the simple fact is that pills are not the cure for everything in life, alot of time people have horrible diets(even though they THINK they eat good) and they have obvious or hidden mental and emotional traumas that are hurting them ...supplementation isnt going to do anything if diet and mental/emotional health are out of wack

*edit*
i agree with haveblue also, dietary emphasis should be on health not with weight

#9 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:59 AM

check into milnacipran and/or low dose naltrexone

#10 erics99

• 23 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:26 AM

I'm not saying to take it, but Modafinil works great for me. I take it only while at work (24 hour shifts). I take 200 mgs every 12 hours. For a total of 10 days out of each month. It is generic Modafinil and costs around $90 for .... I think 50 tabs. I only got 4 hours of sleep before my last shift. However with Modafinil I was able to stay up and function without any major drowsyness for about 21 hours. Modafinil doesn't replace sleep, it just gets me some extra hours of being awake/alert when I need it, and then I make up for the lack of sleep at home after work.

#11 lifemission

• 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:15 AM

Is Modafinil addictive or bad for ones health in any way?

#12 erics99

• 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:44 AM

I don't believe it's addictive. I've been using it for about a month, and I only use it on days I work. I have no desire to use it on my off days because I don't want to get dependant on it. If anybody else would like to comment on it that would be great.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:43 PM

I use modafinil even more sparingly than that -- the rare day when I actually somehow manage to get very little sleep and have high demands placed upon me, i.e. an emergency situation where fatigue simply cannot interfere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users