MK-677

mk677 hgh antiaging life extension lean muscle gain fat loss peptides

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 johnjuanb1

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

MK-677 is an oral HGH SECRETAGOGUE that provides higher amplitude to the dozen or more hgh pulses put out by the pituitary gland over the 25 hour half-life of the drug. Once daily use before bed at a dose of 25mg provides all of the benefits of elevated HGH and Igf1 such as deeper sleep with more vivid dreams, improved skin, faster hair and nail growth, fat loss, lean muscle gain, increased strength, greater nitrogen retention the the skeletal muscles, greater protein synthesis, etc.

I am on my 2nd cycle of MK-677. I have found the best results come from stacking 25mg MK-677 with 10mg melatonin before bed. The melatonin acts as a somatostatin inhibitor to make the MK-677 more effective.
In the past 11 days since beginning MK-677 I am up 7Lbs, and my muscles look and feel full all the time. The dreams are so life like it's hard to put into words. I eat a very clean diet consisting of chicken breasts, turkey breasts, steamed brown rice, organic multi grain seeded bread, oats, quinoa, greens powder, and whey protein. I feel it is essential to eat very clean in order to avoid subcutaneously water retention from MK-677.
I find MK-677 to be the most convenient and effective HGH Secretagogue on the market.

Prolonged oral treatment with MK-677, a novel growth hormone secretagogue, improves sleep quality in man.

AuthorsCopinschi G, et al. Show all Journal
Neuroendocrinology. 1997 Oct;66(4):278-86.

Affiliation
Abstract
Previous studies have indicated the existence of common mechanisms regulating sleep and somatotropic activity. In the present study, we investigated the effects of prolonged treatment with a novel, orally active, growth hormone secretagogue (MK-677) on sleep quality in healthy young and older adults. Eight young subjects (18-30 years) followed a double-blind, placebo-controlled, three-period crossover design. Each subject participated in three 7-day treatment periods (with bedtime drug administration), presented in random (Latin square) order, and separated by at least 14 days. Doses were 5 and 25 mg MK-677 and matching placebo. Six older subjects, ages 65-71 years, each participated in two 14-day treatment periods (with bedtime drug administration) separated by a 14-day washout. Doses were 2 and 25 mg MK-677 during the first and second periods, respectively. Baseline sleep and hormonal data were obtained on the 2 days preceding the beginning of the first 14-day treatment period. In young subjects, high-dose MK-677 treatment resulted in an approximately 50% increase in the duration of stage IV and in a more than 20% increase in REM sleep as compared to placebo (p < 0.05). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep decreased from 42% under placebo to 8% under high-dose MK-677 (p < 0.03). In older adults, treatment with MK-677 was associated with a nearly 50% increase in REM sleep (p < 0.05) and a decrease in REM latency (p < 0.02). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep also decreased (p < 0.02). The present findings suggest that MK-677 may simultaneously improve sleep quality and correct the relative hyposomatotropism of senescence.

MK-677, an orally active growth hormone secretagogue, reverses diet-induced catabolism.

AuthorsMurphy MG, et al. Show all Journal
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Feb;83(2):320-5.

Abstract

The reversal of diet-induced negative nitrogen balance by GH suggests a possible therapeutic role for GH treatment in catabolic patients. A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, two-period cross-over study was designed to investigate whether MK-677, an orally active nonpeptide mimic of GH-releasing peptide, can reverse diet-induced protein catabolism. Eight healthy volunteers (ages 24-39 yr) were calorically restricted (18 kcal/kg.day) for two 14-day periods. During the last 7 days of each diet period, subjects received either oral MK-677 25 mg or placebo once daily. There was a 14- to 21-day washout interval between periods. During the first week of caloric restriction (i.e. diet alone), daily nitrogen losses were similar for both treatment groups (mean +/- SE; MK-677 group -2.67 +/- 0.40 g/day vs. placebo group -2.83 +/- 0.26 g/day). During the second week (diet and study drug), mean daily nitrogen balance was 0.31 +/- 0.21 g/day in the MK-677 treatment group compared with -1.48 +/- 0.21 g/day in the placebo group (P < 0.01). MK-677 improved nitrogen balance integrated over the 7 days of treatment; area under the curve day 8-14 nitrogen balance response was +2.69 +/- 5.0 (SE) for MK-677 and -8.97 +/- 5.26 g.day for placebo (P < 0.001). MK-677 produced a peak GH response of 55.9 +/- 31.7 micrograms/L after single dose (day 1 of treatment) and 22.6 +/- 9.3 micrograms/L after a week of dosing compared with placebo treatment peak GH values of approximately 9 (treatment day 1) and approximately 7 micrograms/L (treatment day 7). Following the initial 7-day caloric restriction, insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) declined from 232 +/- 25 to 186 +/- 19 ng/mL in the MK-677 group and from 236 +/- 19 to 174 +/- 23 ng/mL in the placebo group. Mean IGF-I concentration increased significantly during MK-677 to 264 +/- 31 ng/mL (mean for the last 5 days of treatment) compared with 188 +/- 19 ng/mL with placebo (P < 0.01). No significant difference in IGF binding protein-2 was found between the MK-677 and placebo treatments. However, the mean in IGF binding protein-3 for the last 5 days of MK-677 treatment was also significantly increased to 3273 +/- 330 ng/mL (mean +/- SE) compared with placebo 2604 +/- 253 ng/mL (P < 0.01). Neither the serum cortisol nor the PRL response was significantly greater after 7 days of MK-677 dosing compared with 7 days of placebo. MK-677 (25 mg) was generally well tolerated and without clinically significant adverse experiences. In conclusion, MK-677 reverses diet-induced nitrogen wasting, suggesting that if these short-term anabolic effects are maintained in patients who are catabolic because of certain acute or chronic disease states, it may be useful in treating catabolic conditions.

MK-677, an orally active growth hormone secretagogue, reverses diet-induced catabolism.

Authors
Murphy MG1, Plunkett LM, Gertz BJ, He W, Wittreich J, Polvino WM, Clemmons DR.
Author information
Journal
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Feb;83(2):320-5.

Affiliation
Abstract
The reversal of diet-induced negative nitrogen balance by GH suggests a possible therapeutic role for GH treatment in catabolic patients. A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, two-period cross-over study was designed to investigate whether MK-677, an orally active nonpeptide mimic of GH-releasing peptide, can reverse diet-induced protein catabolism. Eight healthy volunteers (ages 24-39 yr) were calorically restricted (18 kcal/kg.day) for two 14-day periods. During the last 7 days of each diet period, subjects received either oral MK-677 25 mg or placebo once daily. There was a 14- to 21-day washout interval between periods. During the first week of caloric restriction (i.e. diet alone), daily nitrogen losses were similar for both treatment groups (mean +/- SE; MK-677 group -2.67 +/- 0.40 g/day vs. placebo group -2.83 +/- 0.26 g/day). During the second week (diet and study drug), mean daily nitrogen balance was 0.31 +/- 0.21 g/day in the MK-677 treatment group compared with -1.48 +/- 0.21 g/day in the placebo group (P < 0.01). MK-677 improved nitrogen balance integrated over the 7 days of treatment; area under the curve day 8-14 nitrogen balance response was +2.69 +/- 5.0 (SE) for MK-677 and -8.97 +/- 5.26 g.day for placebo (P < 0.001). MK-677 produced a peak GH response of 55.9 +/- 31.7 micrograms/L after single dose (day 1 of treatment) and 22.6 +/- 9.3 micrograms/L after a week of dosing compared with placebo treatment peak GH values of approximately 9 (treatment day 1) and approximately 7 micrograms/L (treatment day 7). Following the initial 7-day caloric restriction, insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) declined from 232 +/- 25 to 186 +/- 19 ng/mL in the MK-677 group and from 236 +/- 19 to 174 +/- 23 ng/mL in the placebo group. Mean IGF-I concentration increased significantly during MK-677 to 264 +/- 31 ng/mL (mean for the last 5 days of treatment) compared with 188 +/- 19 ng/mL with placebo (P < 0.01). No significant difference in IGF binding protein-2 was found between the MK-677 and placebo treatments. However, the mean in IGF binding protein-3 for the last 5 days of MK-677 treatment was also significantly increased to 3273 +/- 330 ng/mL (mean +/- SE) compared with placebo 2604 +/- 253 ng/mL (P < 0.01). Neither the serum cortisol nor the PRL response was significantly greater after 7 days of MK-677 dosing compared with 7 days of placebo. MK-677 (25 mg) was generally well tolerated and without clinically significant adverse experiences. In conclusion, MK-677 reverses diet-induced nitrogen wasting, suggesting that if these short-term anabolic effects are maintained in patients who are catabolic because of certain acute or chronic disease states, it may be useful in treating catabolic conditions.

#2 adamh

• 1,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:39 AM

I've been using it for a few months. I like the fact its oral rather than sub q or im. I got the benefits you mentioned but not in a dramatic way, they came slowly. I got modest improvements in all the areas you spoke of except I didn't do any blood work so I don't know about igf or anything else. I'm on my second bottle and have reduced the dose a little.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 johnjuanb1

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

I've been using it for a few months. I like the fact its oral rather than sub q or im. I got the benefits you mentioned but not in a dramatic way, they came slowly. I got modest improvements in all the areas you spoke of except I didn't do any blood work so I don't know about igf or anything else. I'm on my second bottle and have reduced the dose a little.

I'm stacking MK-677 with cjc-1295 DAC which really puts out a lot of HGH and elevates serum igf1. I can't believe how much faster I recover in between workouts. DAC makes me very tired post inject but it's nice to only need one inject per week. I love that MK-677 is oral.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#4 Hux

• 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

Stuffy made me ravenous, oral ipam isn't it?

#5 johnjuanb1

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:52 AM

Stuffy made me ravenous, oral ipam isn't it?

It's a ghrelin memetic peptide almost identical to GHRP6 invivo. It sure does make you hungry as a horse. Haha :)

#6 NinefingerJoe

• 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

How would this stack with ostarine I wonder?

#7 johnjuanb1

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

How would this stack with ostarine I wonder?

Quite well like stacking testosterone and HGH.

#8 Skunkdaddy

• 22 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:54 PM

What's the popular thought on using about 15 mg sublingually 2.5 hr after last meal and before bedtime? I sometimes add a tiny bit of fruit or IP-6 as precaution for heavy metals. It tastes like insecticide smells or something godawful. Great thread, sharp minds btw

As an aside: Has anyone tried liquid Clomi to reverse hypogonadism? My HPTA is pretty poor since chronic TRT and no PCT. I had misdiagnosed surgery and undiagnosed hemochromatosis.

Thanks
Michael

#9 onz

• 117 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

I'm seeking some advice, I've read reports of MK677 noticeably improving skin quality after only 1 week and I'd like to try this drug mainly for this purpose. 

Can someone with experience/knowledge explain what side effects I should prepare for? I'm mainly concerned with how my body and brain will react after stopping the dosing protocol.

Any other feedback with MK677 and skin improvements would be great :) and suggestions of other novel compounds (oral or injections, not topical) that improve skin quality/healing.

Thanks legends.

#10 DbCooper

• 137 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:00 PM

I'm seeking some advice, I've read reports of MK677 noticeably improving skin quality after only 1 week and I'd like to try this drug mainly for this purpose. 

Can someone with experience/knowledge explain what side effects I should prepare for? I'm mainly concerned with how my body and brain will react after stopping the dosing protocol.

Any other feedback with MK677 and skin improvements would be great :) and suggestions of other novel compounds (oral or injections, not topical) that improve skin quality/healing.

Thanks legends.

N=1 here but MK-677 (S.Search) did NOT noticeably change my skin in any way. I don't get any hungrier either, but the deepness of sleep is for real. I'd take it even if it did nothing else other than make me sleep so much more efficiently. 

#11 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

Hi,

Can someone tell me where to buy it?

Thanks!

#12 simonpc123

• 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2757071/

#13 onz

• 117 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

Hi DB, thanks for your reply, what dosage and how long were you on it for?

Does anyone know if there long term sides or risks from mk677, like classic steroids?

#14 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:44 PM

I'm on my second round of the stuff and have used a couple cycles of steroids in the past.  The sides are nonexistent compared to steroids IMO.

Of course, you won't see anywhere near the same strength/size/recovery gains as steroids either.

Still, I really love the quality of sleep I get with MK77; and, as a sleep apnea sufferer, sleep quality is extremely important to my health and athletic performance.

#15 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:33 AM

Sorry to all but I still haven't understood where to get it from....... :wacko:

#16 onz

• 117 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:41 PM

Huckfinn - Finding suppliers is easy man just jump on reddit or other forums, I know ceretropic sells it and the reviews are solid. 

J Master - so the sides are subtle enough that people without previous steroid/peptide use don't need to worry?

There appears to be some risk of seized goods when importing into Australia... I wonder how similar this compares to intermittent fasting in terms of GH release, I've been practicing IM a few days each week recently but certainly don't notice any increase in strength or recovery, quite the opposite. (Very healthy diet included)

#17 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:49 AM

The only side I had was some water retention, especially in my hands, which resolved as soon as I stopped.   I was using the "recommended" low end dose and the most significant effect was much better sleep and recovery.

As a comparison, I'd say it far exceeds any typical OTC bodybuilding supplement including creatine and agmatine in terms of improved "pumps" as well;  but it's not even remotely like a first steroid cycle.

The only thing I wonder about is it's efficacy in those under say their early thirties.  I'm in my late (good god!) 40's so that could explain some of my results.

#18 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:14 PM

Interesting thread and substance, even though very expensive.. I have seen some dubious results regarding the risk of malignancies on MK-677, due to its elevation of IGF-1. Risk of colorectal cancer appears to double, but how would overall cancer risk be affected by MK-677? Is it worth the risk for building muscle (and other benefits), seeing as no further significant side effects occur?

• Disagree x 1

#19 Noopho

• 17 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:06 AM

I found this one to be more like test than ostarine although it did seem to cause quite a bit of water retention / feeling dehydrated was drinking twice as much water as usual. When I finished the course lost about 6lbs in water within 2days, the rest of the gains were pretty fantastic though (did overlap courses with ostarine and the week overlap felt pretty damn good easily doubled my stamina)

#20 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:23 PM

Anybody has been able to get it from China in reasonably small amounts (10gr for example)?

#21 Skyguy2005

• 291 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:24 AM

Activating IGF-1 seems like it should belong at "ShorteCity".

• Cheerful x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#22 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:58 AM

Would this compound have beneficial effects at low dosages, like 5mg daily for example? 

#23 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:44 AM

This study may answer your question:

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/8768828

It seems beneficial at low dosages too but at least up to a certain point the effects seems to be dose dependent therefore if a low dosage will suit you may depends by your needs/goals and conditions.

From the bodybuilding scene it seems that 50mg aren't much more effective than 25mg, the same conclusions seems confirmed by studies where both 25mg and 50mg have been used: there is still a dose dependent HGH and IFG-1 increase but of such a relatively small amplitude that maybe in most cases it is not really worth.

It seems a stronger response is achieved by subjects with better HGH and IFG-1 baseline values, therefore maybe it is possible that if one is relatively young and/or with fairly good HGH and IFG-1 baseline values a small amount (maybe as small as 5mg/day) will make an appreciable difference while it may not be really enough for the typical elderly with very low baseline values.  

#24 Brazzo

• 22 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

Die you guys also get an enormous lethargy the day after MK-677?

#25 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

I'm interested in trying this at perhaps 10mg 5 days on and 2 days off for a couple of months. Risks appear to be low but of course nothing is perfectly safe..

#26 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

No to the enormous lethargy, but it DID noticeably improve the quality of my sleep immediately.  However, I took nearly every dose at bedtime figuring in might enhance the GH pulse during sleep.

#27 Brazzo

• 22 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:08 PM

I took different dosages pre-bed. I can confirm the deeper sleep, I also get absurdly hungry after ingesting it, should be a good sign that it's working. But still, the deeper sleep doesn't help at all with the fatigue the lasts through out the day. At least for me

#28 The Ripper

• 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:54 PM

Activating IGF-1 seems like it should belong at "ShorteCity".

Exactly my thoughts. If you want to boost igf-1 just go and do it. Take the real drugs, eat lots of protein. Either way, elevating IGF-1 levels is a great way NOT to live longer.

• like x 2
  • Disagree x 1

#29 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:17 AM

I suppose it all depends by how is done and why.

An elderly with lower than optimal levels of GH and IFG-1 supplementing in order to restore younger levels will probably be OK and maybe even extending life expectancy.

A younger person supplementing GH or directly IFG-1 to supraphisiological levels for muscle hypertrophy above the natural limit will probably risk health issues not exactly favorable to longevity.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

In my case I was taking it to speed the healing of some nagging injuries and I was pleased with the results.  So, it wasn't a question of longevity.

I'm undecided on the issue of raising levels to more youthful levels,  it's really a quality v. quantity decision.  In any event, short term MK-77 seems pretty mild compared to even the lowest doses of HGH bodybuilders take.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mk677, hgh, antiaging, life extension, lean muscle gain, fat loss, peptides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users