- - - - -

Looking for relaxation techniques

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 liorrh

• Guest, F@H
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:58 PM

Hello all, not sure where to put the thread so its here.

I would like to learn how to relax, to better deal with anxiety, stress and to lessen the load on my brain (preventing atrophy etc)

meditation is not currently succeeding

any pointers beside the usual 3-5 page internet guides on meditation?

any other maybe totally different realxation techniques? there was those sound machines suppose to play something in tune with the brain's delatea waves (software called brainwave?)

thanks

L.

#2 joee

• 25 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:05 AM

http://www.headless....glish/main.html

What this site points to, is a form of meditation called 'self-inquiry'.

Its like meditation on steroids. Dont bother reading any of the articles if you dont have the time, just go to the 'movies' section, and watch a few of them, they are short- and load rather quick.

Dont let the simplicity fool you, stick with it for a good month or so. I *PROMISE* a reduction in stress, as well as the posability of other unexpected benefits.

You do this at odd times throughout the day, no need to sit, or light smelly candles. Just do it whenever it crosses your mind (at stoplights, in line at the grocery, while your talking to someone......). Although I wouldnt expect it to work miracles in a stressful situation, it can help distract your mind from the repetative thought patterns that are the source of your stress.

Please trust me on this! Watch a few of the 'movies', get the hang of it, and incorporate it into your day- during 'down time'.

Think of it as mental hygeine.

#3 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:28 AM

BREATHING EXERCISES(pranayama).... breathing exercises before meditation is A MUST

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:18 AM

Rhodiola, L-Theanine, Ashwaganda, and getting 8.5 hours of sleep per night work great for me. Some tai chi or yoga might help.

However, I've never made a serious attempt at meditating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users