Photo
- - - - -

Weight loss problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soundmind

• 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:43 PM

My friend she is a female 23 she want to lose wieght she is like 160 -165 pounds I think. I told her to take green extract pills
and work out with them they are supposed to work. I was wondering if anybody know of any other supps that can aid someone in weight loss, she seem like she wants something strong that won't take her months to lose. I think she mostly wants the effects in a weekly. Well, I was thing ephedrine but I heard that this could have some bad side effects. All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Blessed love
Soundmind

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:07 PM

Ephedrine + caffeine is a very effective fat loss stack for most people, but I don't recommend using either one of them unless the person has sufficient knowledge to use them safely. Of course, there are certain other "supplements" that shed fat much quicker than EC, but if she doesn't know what they are, she doesn't need to use them. Also, check out Avant Lab's Phenogen, and possibly H.E.A.T. stack. Another good thermo that I like is MAN Scorch.

There are some supplements that aid fat loss that I use daily and would recommend to others. That is green tea extract, fish oil, Avant Lab's Sesathin, K-RALA, Alcar, and calcium. There are tons of small modifications that can be done as far as supplementation, diet, and training that can strip off fat, but she needs to start on a healthy lifestyle first and then make the more detailed changes once she is comfortable.

All she needs to do is cut her calorie intake by 500 calories per day or so, make sure to take in healthy foods (adequate protein, healthy fats, low-GI carbs), and do some HIIT training (both in the form of sprinting/sports and weight training). This needs to be done gradually though, starting everything at full intensity could be disastrous.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:48 PM

shepard, i usually liek the stuff you post... but thats pretty bad advice.

stay away from caffeine & ephedra for weight loss, its horribly unhealth and at best mildly effective.

green tea isnt really that effective either.. upwards of 1000mg EGCG per day will cause an extra 75-100 calories a day burned... translating to about 1lb extra a month. not alot at all, but with the health benefits of EGCG you cant go wrong.

of course a good multi & omega 3 every day.

as far as caloric intake, she needs to find out if shes eating the right amount before she starts cutting out calories. if shes eating LESS than what she should be, but is not lacking enough to cause starvation, chances are she could gain weight. i had the same problem, i had to double my food intake to lose weight.

figure out her BMI, do the harrison benedic forula.. and subtract 15-20% off that... and thats how many calories she should be taking in.

and of course, exercise... its near impossible to lose weight if you dont exercise 3-4 times a week, 30-45 minutes each time. HIIT is NOT GOOD for beginners, if you cant run for 45 minutes straight without huffing and puffing you should NOT be doing HIIT.

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:24 AM

If you follow a straight-up textbook approach to HIIT, I agree. It could be very bad. One, thats why I said "This needs to be done gradually though, starting everything at full intensity could be disastrous." Two, I don't see the large problem if the person does a modified approach to HIIT for their own athletic ability. Sprinting a few yards is much easier than long distance jogging for most, so as long as the person doesn't go crazy at the beginning, there should be little chance of injury.

As far as the green tea, I agree that it is not an effective fat burner by itself. But, it does help, and should probably be taken by anyone who doesn't drink the stuff daily. Most people will pop pills much easier if they know it will "burn fat" instead of improve their overall health.

As far as the EC, I agree that it is unhealthy if used chronically. I also said that I don't recommend using them unless you are very familiar with them. EC affects people differently, for me it used to be an excellent pre-exercise supplement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users