• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Movie recommendation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FutureQ

• 57 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:38 PM

I just got through watching my new prized possession. It's the French made film "Immortal" by director/artist Enki Bilal. He's the creator of the graphic novels that are the basis of this tale.

It's very Extropian or Transhumanist in scope and vision. In other words, it's chock full of cyborgs, replacement organs, body enhancement, cryo suspension, high tech nano stuff and all that rot a lot of us speculate about! There's a little theism but it fits within the tale and it's not the least bit traditional, rather blaphemous I'm sure from xian perspective.

Here is where you may view a trailer for it.

http://a.videodetect...lishedID=645790

If interested you may buy it here.

http://tinyurl.com/avpy3

In short it so weird it's a whole lotta fun. Oh BTW, it's a starnge blend of "Final Fantasy, The Spirits Within" type CGI and live action so you graphic buffs will get a kick. Enjoy!

FQ

#2 zerowave

• 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:03 AM

I saw this movie based on your suggestion. I have to say that the plot is rather dull and disappointing. Granted it is hard to portray immortal, very powerful, super-intelligent beings--which I guess is why they made them of quite human intelligence. But the ideas and strangeness made it worth watching (or at least not a total waste). thanks for the recomendation. As for me, I can't say that I would recommend buying this, but renting is alright if you can do a rent one, get one free sort of deal.

#3 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:01 AM

I will warn that it is a very strange movie. My suspicion is that there is a lot more to the story than what we see. Did I mention it is strange? Really strange?

I'm really curious as to "how" the other two gods were cheating.

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users