• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Piracetam: How to recover from its ill effects

piracetam nootropic side-effects brain fog depression drowsiness irritability headache twitch hypothalamus

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 03:54 AM

For recovering from a piracetam brain fog.. I think you would want to take things which balance out the GABA, serotonin, and dopamine system.  Acetylcholine and glutamate are downstream, though pervasive in themselves.  A lot of these can be balance out by simple, but careful choice in food or supplement.  Iodine would help calm the thyroid from Piracetam, while ginger could replace the vasodilating rebound, and some high-polyphenol foods could augment the lost BBB-permeability

• Needs references x 1
  • like x 1

#32 Coffeee

• 201 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:32 AM

Ok....here is my question to you....how strong is your erection. Do u have morning wood. Do u have ed? So u think all of this is a viral infection and racetams had no effect on u? Why are u saying it was a cure, racetams were a chemical castration 4 me.

Merry belated Xmas and happy 2020 to all,

This will sound very ADD, I'm sleepy and writing on my phone, but this might just be priceless to anyone who's mining the forum for help dealing with the same problem. So, if this helps you, read on.

I'm glad to say I'm very probably finishing to reverse all the negative effects that (I thought) started with Piracetam. I must say it's a LOT more complex than just "piracetam caused this".

I've got loads of understandings about what went on and some confounding factors too, that I gathered through scholarly research, experimentation, and much thought, and primarily it's this, in a nutshell: people who knowingly of unknowingly have their bodies taken by a severe viral infection, active or dormant (especially the herpetic type, usually Epstein barr, herpes simplex, HH8, possibly XMRV - after much study I have concluded it actually may be a human pathogen after all - and other lymphocryptoviruses alike) get a damaged HPA axis and will break down with excessive stimulation and stress (caffeine excess, chronic anger, too little sleep, overexercising, too much sexual activity, chronically worrying, etc). It all comes out of balance and breaks down specially quickly with the use of piracetam, as IT IS A POTENT ANTIVIRAL DRUG (This is well established, though it's a relatively obscure fact - and it's specifically active against herpes types of viruses lodged in the brain and nerves) that attacks even dormant viruses on ganglia, crossing the blood-brain barrier, "waking" the virus up and leading it to restart multiplying and actively waging war on the system. Bad bugs causing IBS and tearing down the gut and then brain barriers leading to viral infestation of the brain tissue and other organs are the big causative/originating factor here - not truly the piracetam. It all eventually kick starts a cascade of autoimmune events that aren't pretty - MS, arthritis, psoriasis, dermatitis, seborrhea, double vision and eye floaters, terrible pain and every other autoimmune condition on the book; in short, CFS/ME. It causes HPA axis dysregulation, fatigue and whatnot. In my case, as a plus, it took hold of the vagus nerve (makes sense it took hold of it, as it's the way from the gut to the brain), so it greatly bothered even my respiration.

So, Coffee,

...usually stressed, check.
Addicted to stimulants, check. (Realize: sex IS a stimulant, especially when had in excess and without rest, and so is anger, arguments, worry, so on and so forth.)
"warrior" type of worldview, check.
get easily angered/constantly anxious about stuff/have a ton of worries and/or responsibilities - idk (all are stimulating)
panic attacks - idk

I know, dude. To me it felt like god/ the existence was punishing me for having a very active, great sex life with a terrible/ non existing one.

Anyway. What I've been using with huge success: colloidal silver, cannabis oil (always hated MJ, but studied the oil and ended up trying it - it's truly helping), LDN, autohemotherapy (no ozone), zero allergen therapy, starting detox, panax ginseng, some reishi, some licorice sometimes, loads of magnesium, tons of turmeric with piperine every night, tons of lemons each morning, 10kIU vit D, multivitamin A-Z for men, DHEA from Chinese yams, tDCS/microcurrent therapy, LLLT...
Just ordered hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a bunch of stuff and am doing many different things based on tons of research. I'll just dump it all here. Bon appetit to any brave soul who dares to read it:

1 Schisandra,
2 Autohemotherapy (with and without OZONE), only thing needed for AHT without ozone is a syringe and a needle. (Either ozone, or MMS, or hydrogen peroxide! Must choose.) Draw venal blood, apply to deltoids and/or butt cheeks (20ml total)
3 AIP Diet: LOWEST Arginine consumption possible, ZERO dairy products, gluten, and other allergens
4 Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root
5 Rhodiola rosea (Golden root),
6 DETOXING organs, especially from stimulant use (mallic acid, Epsom salts, etc. --> liver detox)
7 Panax ginseng Meyer,
8 Reishi mushroom,
9 Cordyceps,
10 Holy basil/Tulsa tea
11 Hydrocortisone (carefully, low dose, short term - according to studies) - or even better, cattle adrenal cortex.
12 Licorice (warning: lowers T)
13 Magnesium,
14 homemade Cannabis oil (Cancers, FibroM, Arthritis, Viruses, ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Autism, Alzheimer's, BRAIN DAMAGE????)
15 PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE - sleep better, reduce anxiety, clear focus
16 - Turmeric WITH Piperine (Black Pepper)
17 Vit C (juice of 10-20 lemmons while fasting each morning - health bomb. ) - Immunity, antioxi, antiviral, lowers Blood Pressure, fights lead toxicity, weight loss help, better vision and eye health, cancer prevention and fighting, diabetes control, asthma, healing, antiaging, pigmentation protection against, protects from sun dam, cures dry skin.
18 Vit D3 - immunity, strong bones, higher T 10k+ IU/ day
19 L-Tyrosine bulk powder - several studies: mental performance (under stressful conditions, like cold, noise, etc), maintaning alertness during sleep deprivation (150mg/kg/day), memory recall support (under stressful conditions such as multitasking), phenylalanine gets synthesized into Tyrosine.
20 Boron, 10mg/day
21 PREGNENOLONE. (Bought it, but it's forbidden in my country by the ruling retards).
22 DHEA (also controlled, but I supplement with yams and yacoms, which is perfect)
23 (if not using ozone or MMS) Hydrogen peroxide 35% (absolutely pure/food grade) - to take 3x/day on a glass of water (1 drop per glass on 1st day, then 2 per glass on 2nd day, 3, 4... until 25 drops per glass on day 25, then 24 drops x glass next day, 23... this is essential. Oxygenates body, gets blood pH much higher, kicks nasty hitchhikers out, restarts the gut microflora, and dissolves bad bugs' resistant protective film.) "THE ONE MINUTE CURE." Starts the true cure.
24 LDN (Low dose naltrexone)

MIXES: 33mg Vit C, Pantothenic Acid 10mg, Calcium 12mg, magnesium 8mg, Chromium 20mcg, "RELORA" (Magnolia officinalis + Phellodendron amurense bark extracts) 200mg, Green tea extract Camellia sinensis 90mg, Lecithin 50mg, Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract 20mg, Holy basil extract (Ocimum tenuiflorum) leaf 20mg, Reishi mushr. powder (Ganoderma lucidum) 20mg,

tDCS - pretty useful.
LLLT - REALLY freaking helps. It's a keeper.

EXAMS: total testosterone, free t, dhea-s, DHT, salivary cortisol day (4 or 5 samples), androstenedione, estradiol, progesterone, pregnenolone, T3 free total, T4 free total, T7, PTH, TSH, HGH, B12, estrone, D25hydroxy, SHBG. + Blood panel, piss panel, crap panel (microflora composition - expensive, but may be SO worthy), if you can.

My partial results:
URIC ACID 4,70 mg/dL
ALDOSTERONE blood 26,4 ng/dL
ANDROSTENEDIONE 2,90 ng/mL
CREATININE 1,47 mg/dL
DHT 630,0 pg/mL
ESTRIOL E3 Inferior to 0,07 ng/mL
PROGESTERONE 0,94 ng/mL
S-DHEA 319,0 ug/dL
TESTOSTERONE TOTAL 1160,0 ng/dL
UREA 37,00 mg/dL
UROCULTURE (bacteriology) no microorganisms in the sample
T3 TOTAL 105,2 ng/dL
TESTOSTERONE FREE 10,04 ng/dL (calculation method)
T4 FREE 0,98 ng/dL
PTH intact molecule blood 50,1 pg/mL
TSH 3,970 µUI/mL
HGH 0,10 ug/L
VITAMIN B12 423,0 pg/mL
ESTRONE E1 39,5 pg/mL
VITAMIN D 25 HYDROXY 80,1 ng/mL
MICROALBUMINURIA (isolated sample) 1,89 mg/g creatinine
T4 TOTAL 6,0 ug/dL
URINE EXAM - QUALITATIVE all within normal ranges
SHBG 124,2 nmol/L

"You can't possibly have bought and be taking/doing all of that".

Yes I have, I can, and yes I am. That's how seriously I take my full recovery. I'm seeing great results and benefits - but when we're talking about the HPA axis, a full recovery is most usually not done overnight even when sped up with LLLT and hyperoxygenation (h2o2, MMS, o3, hyperbaric chamber...). Overexercising still screws me up real bad. Still, I'm a million times better now and almost back to normal.

Now excuse me, I have to make a late late night bonfire out of the huge piles of wood and such I've left on the street before they call the authorities on me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 DaveX

• 84 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:22 PM

If Piracetam or other Ratecams cause overexcitation of AMPA (in particular), maybe one can use IDRA-21 as an alternative, which studies say particularly works by reversing desensitization, rather than causing overstimulation. https://www.ncbi.nlm...icles/PMC21283/

However I don't know exactly how different that is to each and every racetam, and it may still cause issues.

Also Curcumin extract (I would go for nothing lower than explicit 10% curcuminoids, rather 95%) comes to mind which desensitizes AMPA receptors by decreasing their firing rate. https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/31173869

This way one can give these receptors a resting time, it's not very permanent and feels quite normal.

#34 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:57 AM

If Piracetam or other Ratecams cause overexcitation of AMPA (in particular), maybe one can use IDRA-21 as an alternative

yes, just treat the side effects of one designer drug with another.  Don't go back to the basics of green tea and meditation and philosophy books.  Don't realize your true essence.  Just be another drifter out there, another no one.  For modern society to get on anyways, most of us must be docile, industrious, punctual, thoughtless, and contented :)

#35 Coffeee

• 201 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:58 AM

It's been 8 years since I took a racetam and my cock is still broken!

For recovering from a piracetam brain fog.. I think you would want to take things which balance out the GABA, serotonin, and dopamine system. Acetylcholine and glutamate are downstream, though pervasive in themselves. A lot of these can be balance out by simple, but careful choice in food or supplement. Iodine would help calm the thyroid from Piracetam, while ginger could replace the vasodilating rebound, and some high-polyphenol foods could augment the lost BBB-permeability

#36 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:29 AM

The average person carries up to 30 recessive disease traits, cancer is an accumulation of errors on anti-cancer genes, and there are thousands of chemicals which can kill in the microgram range.

Suffice to say, the human body is very fragile and anything should be possible.  However, I'm not finding any explanation here :sleep:

Maybe reddit could help out?  Please go pick their minds for a bit, so we can put all of ours together.  Thank you so much

• like x 1

#37 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 02:47 PM

Edited by BlueCloud, 12 March 2020 - 02:55 PM.

• unsure x 1

#38 Coffeee

• 201 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:25 AM

All of that would cost me 2k....are u saying u couldn't pop wood before and now u can as if u were a teenager again?

Which supplements the best 1 if this is the case. U listen a $hit ton of regular vitamins like vitamin c. I dont see how that is going to work...give me an update.

Merry belated Xmas and happy 2020 to all,

This will sound very ADD, I'm sleepy and writing on my phone, but this might just be priceless to anyone who's mining the forum for help dealing with the same problem. So, if this helps you, read on.

I'm glad to say I'm very probably finishing to reverse all the negative effects that (I thought) started with Piracetam. I must say it's a LOT more complex than just "piracetam caused this".

I've got loads of understandings about what went on and some confounding factors too, that I gathered through scholarly research, experimentation, and much thought, and primarily it's this, in a nutshell: people who knowingly of unknowingly have their bodies taken by a severe viral infection, active or dormant (especially the herpetic type, usually Epstein barr, herpes simplex, HH8, possibly XMRV - after much study I have concluded it actually may be a human pathogen after all - and other lymphocryptoviruses alike) get a damaged HPA axis and will break down with excessive stimulation and stress (caffeine excess, chronic anger, too little sleep, overexercising, too much sexual activity, chronically worrying, etc). It all comes out of balance and breaks down specially quickly with the use of piracetam, as IT IS A POTENT ANTIVIRAL DRUG (This is well established, though it's a relatively obscure fact - and it's specifically active against herpes types of viruses lodged in the brain and nerves) that attacks even dormant viruses on ganglia, crossing the blood-brain barrier, "waking" the virus up and leading it to restart multiplying and actively waging war on the system. Bad bugs causing IBS and tearing down the gut and then brain barriers leading to viral infestation of the brain tissue and other organs are the big causative/originating factor here - not truly the piracetam. It all eventually kick starts a cascade of autoimmune events that aren't pretty - MS, arthritis, psoriasis, dermatitis, seborrhea, double vision and eye floaters, terrible pain and every other autoimmune condition on the book; in short, CFS/ME. It causes HPA axis dysregulation, fatigue and whatnot. In my case, as a plus, it took hold of the vagus nerve (makes sense it took hold of it, as it's the way from the gut to the brain), so it greatly bothered even my respiration.

So, Coffee,

...usually stressed, check.
Addicted to stimulants, check. (Realize: sex IS a stimulant, especially when had in excess and without rest, and so is anger, arguments, worry, so on and so forth.)
"warrior" type of worldview, check.
get easily angered/constantly anxious about stuff/have a ton of worries and/or responsibilities - idk (all are stimulating)
panic attacks - idk

I know, dude. To me it felt like god/ the existence was punishing me for having a very active, great sex life with a terrible/ non existing one.

Anyway. What I've been using with huge success: colloidal silver, cannabis oil (always hated MJ, but studied the oil and ended up trying it - it's truly helping), LDN, autohemotherapy (no ozone), zero allergen therapy, starting detox, panax ginseng, some reishi, some licorice sometimes, loads of magnesium, tons of turmeric with piperine every night, tons of lemons each morning, 10kIU vit D, multivitamin A-Z for men, DHEA from Chinese yams, tDCS/microcurrent therapy, LLLT...
Just ordered hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a bunch of stuff and am doing many different things based on tons of research. I'll just dump it all here. Bon appetit to any brave soul who dares to read it:

1 Schisandra,
2 Autohemotherapy (with and without OZONE), only thing needed for AHT without ozone is a syringe and a needle. (Either ozone, or MMS, or hydrogen peroxide! Must choose.) Draw venal blood, apply to deltoids and/or butt cheeks (20ml total)
3 AIP Diet: LOWEST Arginine consumption possible, ZERO dairy products, gluten, and other allergens
4 Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root
5 Rhodiola rosea (Golden root),
6 DETOXING organs, especially from stimulant use (mallic acid, Epsom salts, etc. --> liver detox)
7 Panax ginseng Meyer,
8 Reishi mushroom,
9 Cordyceps,
10 Holy basil/Tulsa tea
11 Hydrocortisone (carefully, low dose, short term - according to studies) - or even better, cattle adrenal cortex.
12 Licorice (warning: lowers T)
13 Magnesium,
14 homemade Cannabis oil (Cancers, FibroM, Arthritis, Viruses, ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Autism, Alzheimer's, BRAIN DAMAGE????)
15 PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE - sleep better, reduce anxiety, clear focus
16 - Turmeric WITH Piperine (Black Pepper)
17 Vit C (juice of 10-20 lemmons while fasting each morning - health bomb. ) - Immunity, antioxi, antiviral, lowers Blood Pressure, fights lead toxicity, weight loss help, better vision and eye health, cancer prevention and fighting, diabetes control, asthma, healing, antiaging, pigmentation protection against, protects from sun dam, cures dry skin.
18 Vit D3 - immunity, strong bones, higher T 10k+ IU/ day
19 L-Tyrosine bulk powder - several studies: mental performance (under stressful conditions, like cold, noise, etc), maintaning alertness during sleep deprivation (150mg/kg/day), memory recall support (under stressful conditions such as multitasking), phenylalanine gets synthesized into Tyrosine.
20 Boron, 10mg/day
21 PREGNENOLONE. (Bought it, but it's forbidden in my country by the ruling retards).
22 DHEA (also controlled, but I supplement with yams and yacoms, which is perfect)
23 (if not using ozone or MMS) Hydrogen peroxide 35% (absolutely pure/food grade) - to take 3x/day on a glass of water (1 drop per glass on 1st day, then 2 per glass on 2nd day, 3, 4... until 25 drops per glass on day 25, then 24 drops x glass next day, 23... this is essential. Oxygenates body, gets blood pH much higher, kicks nasty hitchhikers out, restarts the gut microflora, and dissolves bad bugs' resistant protective film.) "THE ONE MINUTE CURE." Starts the true cure.
24 LDN (Low dose naltrexone)

MIXES: 33mg Vit C, Pantothenic Acid 10mg, Calcium 12mg, magnesium 8mg, Chromium 20mcg, "RELORA" (Magnolia officinalis + Phellodendron amurense bark extracts) 200mg, Green tea extract Camellia sinensis 90mg, Lecithin 50mg, Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract 20mg, Holy basil extract (Ocimum tenuiflorum) leaf 20mg, Reishi mushr. powder (Ganoderma lucidum) 20mg,

tDCS - pretty useful.
LLLT - REALLY freaking helps. It's a keeper.

EXAMS: total testosterone, free t, dhea-s, DHT, salivary cortisol day (4 or 5 samples), androstenedione, estradiol, progesterone, pregnenolone, T3 free total, T4 free total, T7, PTH, TSH, HGH, B12, estrone, D25hydroxy, SHBG. + Blood panel, piss panel, crap panel (microflora composition - expensive, but may be SO worthy), if you can.

My partial results:
URIC ACID 4,70 mg/dL
ALDOSTERONE blood 26,4 ng/dL
ANDROSTENEDIONE 2,90 ng/mL
CREATININE 1,47 mg/dL
DHT 630,0 pg/mL
ESTRIOL E3 Inferior to 0,07 ng/mL
PROGESTERONE 0,94 ng/mL
S-DHEA 319,0 ug/dL
TESTOSTERONE TOTAL 1160,0 ng/dL
UREA 37,00 mg/dL
UROCULTURE (bacteriology) no microorganisms in the sample
T3 TOTAL 105,2 ng/dL
TESTOSTERONE FREE 10,04 ng/dL (calculation method)
T4 FREE 0,98 ng/dL
PTH intact molecule blood 50,1 pg/mL
TSH 3,970 µUI/mL
HGH 0,10 ug/L
VITAMIN B12 423,0 pg/mL
ESTRONE E1 39,5 pg/mL
VITAMIN D 25 HYDROXY 80,1 ng/mL
MICROALBUMINURIA (isolated sample) 1,89 mg/g creatinine
T4 TOTAL 6,0 ug/dL
URINE EXAM - QUALITATIVE all within normal ranges
SHBG 124,2 nmol/L

"You can't possibly have bought and be taking/doing all of that".

Yes I have, I can, and yes I am. That's how seriously I take my full recovery. I'm seeing great results and benefits - but when we're talking about the HPA axis, a full recovery is most usually not done overnight even when sped up with LLLT and hyperoxygenation (h2o2, MMS, o3, hyperbaric chamber...). Overexercising still screws me up real bad. Still, I'm a million times better now and almost back to normal.

Now excuse me, I have to make a late late night bonfire out of the huge piles of wood and such I've left on the street before they call the authorities on me.

#39 Coffeee

• 201 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:38 AM

Its been 8 years since I took racetams...thus far the effects are permanent...I get some wood if I drink alcohol for a little bit...I'm thinking I damaged my neuron and nitric oxide cell manifestor...I get wood if I pop viagra ...its good wood but how do I get the normal chemical process/reaction without drugs! fml

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#40 Seganfredo

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 01:43 AM

Methylene Blue can recover brain damage that has been done ages ago. I've been using it and it's given back my physical ability big time, it seems. I'm not 100% sure as of now, but I'd say it's doing wonders. I was unable to even carry my shopping bags without almost fainting like a lil damzel before, now I'm being able to pump iron like when I was perfectly heatlhy (I do feel my throat get inflamed whenever I exercize heavily...) That, not to mention it's the cheapest nootropic out there - one MUST add MB to one's stack, there's no excuse not to, except if you are absolutely intolertant to it. Another thing that has really helped is large portions of dried parsley (the king of apigenin) and ginger (multiple great substances).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, nootropic, side-effects, brain fog, depression, drowsiness, irritability, headache, twitch, hypothalamus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users