Photo
- - - - -

brain fog, bad fatigue, please help

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#181 honest

• 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:31 PM

What methods did you use that allowed you to stop worrying?

David

I think it was mostly through the realization that I was suppressing my personality to become more like the American male ideal. So I became this person who just wasn't really me. I stopped worrying as much when I realized that I wasn't being fair to myself... but it's still an ongoing process, and it took now a small amount of faith in my friends and in life in general to just stop worrying and feel optimistic for the future.

i almost know what going on your life but im not good how to type. my sugestion look the root that cause the problem not depression etc..or you can ask me but symple and short question.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#182 Ioana

• 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:03 AM

This comes from a 21 y most inclined to take this from a psychological standpoint and, well, it seems like at least when you first started posting you were almost mentally shutting down, though there are obviously much worse cases.. I am not going to consider other underlying problems you may have (diabetes? )

My first recommendation, if you think you are fairly healthy in terms of diet, would be to try some pleasant exercises to get you out of the house. A walk, a bike ride, hopefully you live somewhere where this is pleasant, at a nice time of day. Essentially the best cure for a lot of things, I have found, is a bit of exercise in a manner that is unlikely to embarass yourself should you be socially anxious in that regard. I feel that I went from always being a very anxious kid throughout elementary and high school, and body image issues were part of that too, and i was depressed, sluggish mentally, and I felt socially ostracized entirely. I changed schools and then decided (after a while) that I realllllllly wanted to start skateboarding, which was quite the task to take on. I practiced even riding the thing shakily for so long before I wanted to skate with anyone else.

long story short, I`ve just quit my bicycle courier job of two years and I am heading to University. During those days my mind was always so clear, my anxiety so reduced that I can only think of myself as a normal person. Or as normal as I allow myself to be. The kind of anxiety and mild depression I felt when on hiatus from my job due to injury was considerable, and immediately when I came back to work again my mind felt clear. I always slept like a log due to the physical exhaustion of this job. I HOWEVER I certainly do not think that all people have the interest or physical capacity to do such a dangerous job, I must say that with exercise comes an adrenaline response that makes life intensely clear, your wits are much sharper, and essentially most of my increased cognitive functions I attribute to healthy amounts of exercise. What you deem healthy is up to you, and how you get there will be up to you as well, which is the most challenging part for so many people. I would hope there has been any help in what I have posted, Im a bit tired and that mental clarity I was just bragging about.. well.. it`s sort of swimming away to the seas of sleep.

I feel that excercise has pulled my life up from a rather inert and unhealthy place, and I can only hope that my brother can do the same. I will pressure him to join this forum and topic, perhaps he can be less of a meathead on this matter than me
:p

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 purerealm

• Topic Starter
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

it's been many years since my first post but I think I'm realizing that being "dumbed down" was simply the coming about of inattentive ADD, or sluggish cognitive tempo SCT. The only thing that really worked for me, amphetamines, have been rendered unusable due to tolerance.. What are my options now? Has anything dramatic changed in the nootropic/supplement world?

I've just been operating at a different frequency from others.. in a different world practically

#184 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

I havent read all of this topic but believe that you have a persausive development disorder, It is actually a haulmark of the condition that cognitive decline sets in during middle childhood and has been explained by alterations in Glutamate. Aspergers becomes schizophrenia with related brain insulin resistance. Sorry man, me to ,190IQ at 5 and fuck all now. Look at treatments for negative effects of Schizo and cronic fatigue. Theres some really good peptides around, exercise is great to

#185 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

I havent read all of this topic but believe that you have a persausive development disorder, It is actually a haulmark of the condition that cognitive decline sets in during middle childhood and has been explained by alterations in Glutamate. Aspergers becomes schizophrenia with related brain insulin resistance. Sorry man, me to ,190IQ at 5 and fuck all now. Look at treatments for negative effects of Schizo and cronic fatigue. Theres some really good peptides around, exercise is great to

190 IQ at 5? Lol. :laugh:

#186 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

Yeah I guess we missed the boat on the Singularity, thinking it was going to be an AI that ran on a computer in the future -- it was actually NR2(x) when he was five years old.

#187 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

Yeah I guess we missed the boat on the Singularity, thinking it was going to be an AI that ran on a computer in the future -- it was actually NR2(x) when he was five years old.

Haha nice one!

I have met individuals with IQ's in the 170 range, and it is impossible for them to hide the glaring difference in cognition they have compared to ordinary people, it becomes a fundamental defining factor in their personality. The bullshit shown in the film "Good Will Hunting" with Matt Damon's character being some uber genius, but totally socially normal and even a bit of a degenerate is an absolute farce, created by people with no understanding of the effect intellect has on an individual. A better presentation of it is found in the film "A Beautiful Mind".

Einstein's IQ was estimated to be no greater then 180, although he did have an unrelated gift for imaginative abstraction. I mean fucks sake 190 is approaching the IQ of scientific demi-gods like Nikola Tesla and Isaac Newton, although of course other factors are involved in their genius.

Personally though I think childhood IQ means nothing, the test normalisation process is absolute bullshit because it's performed by adults who have no insight into the psychology of a child or the natural variance in their ability to apply themselves to complex tests which is independent of IQ.

That's completely disregarding the fact NR2(x)is unlikely to have taken an internationally recognised relative IQ test under official conditions at 5 years of age.

A far better measure of a child's IQ is their precocious capacity for learning, for example Da Vinci had apparently taught himself Latin, French and Greek by the age of 3. Which is of course a ridiculous notion for us mere mortals.

#188 kache

• 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

I have met individuals with IQ's in the 170 range, and it is impossible for them to hide the glaring difference in cognition they have compared to ordinary people, it becomes a fundamental defining factor in their personality.

Could you explain this better, possibly with examples, please?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#189 danielbb

• 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2024 - 07:03 AM

Hello everyone :-)

I am the same, found this thread on google.

Near exact symptoms of what you have. Mine had a definate starting point, well at least a sharp increase. About 18 months ago i was lying down playing on a computer game (Secondlife) I turned over to grab something and i went into a intense spinning sensation, from that point on i had brain fog, i either adjusted gradually over the following months or it disappeared, but 4 months ago it was back, i had pain in my chest/back and it kind of started again from there, more intense. I can no longer study because the harder i concentrate the more confused i get to the point at which it hurts.

For as long as i remember i experienced this sensation when i had to do something for a long period of time or got bored, but for the rest of the time i was ok.

EXACTLY!!!!!!! Same here, not a single test done and medication hasn't made any difference.

Im finding this post hard to write now, but ill be back later to add to it.

Update. Over 15 years later, i still have it! Its most likely inner ear related, as i developed multiply crazy tinnitus some deafness and random dizzy spells. I have crazy fatigue now and crippling insomnia. Its still progressing slowly.

Edited by danielbb, 24 March 2024 - 07:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users