Photo

A Recent Interview with Aubrey de Grey of the SENS Research Foundation

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:37 AM

contempt is aversive like low social status

So are electric shocks.  Should we shock people who ask questions that we deem to be "pathetic"?   How would that help our cause?

#32 Florian Xavier

• 242 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

electric shocks are less, way less aversives.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

You're entirely missing my point, or dodging my questions.

#34 Florian Xavier

• 242 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:26 PM

You know, men are not well treated until they prove themselves, right ? Do this work ? yes.

Edited by Florian Xavier, 01 September 2015 - 04:26 PM.

• unsure x 1

#35 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

Oh, sorry, I guess that wasn't entirely clear.   I'm just trying to say that we shouldn't publicly act in a way that makes it sound like we think the people asking the questions are dumb.  By and large, they are not idiots, they just haven't researched it.  I think it's worth keeping in mind that we're asking people to accept the largest change to the status quo since we came out of the trees.  The fact that people die of aging is so baked into every aspect of our culture that changing it is going to be seriously disturbing to many people.    It's going to be hard enough for them to accept LE without us being rude to or dismissive of them.

Well, I find it quite dumb to make a sharp estatement about some topic you don't know nothing about or you didn't think about until one minute ago. I think people are too permissive about stupid statements. But anyway, as I said before, I agree on the need to have an easy to reach place where these common concerns are addressed.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#36 Florian Xavier

• 242 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:14 AM

Aubrey De Grey DO realy speak good, that count a lot.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users