Old Hand Baffled By New Drugs

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rolfod

• 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:47 PM

Hello All

Just joined. But not a noots newbie.

I used to take a lot of smart drugs, supplements, vitamins, everything I could lay my hands on, and evenutally ended up a very dull boy with extraordinary eczema. So I quit the lot for a decade (all bad symptoms disappeared within weeks) and it was nice to have my feet on the ground again and reclaim my brain.

However, here I am again. I was hankering after the clarity of Piracetam, so I've been taking low doses to great effect for 6 months or so. I've recently added DMAE (which was what got me started on all this in the first place) and it's all come flooding back: the alertness, the good mood, the neck pain.

So my question is this: I don't want to get carried away and get into the huge stack again - that way madness lies (for me) but I would like simply to have the gentle uplift without the neck pain. I see a lot of you talking about Centrophenoxine and almost no one talking about DMAE anymore. Is there a reason for this?

Also, I need to give up smoking but get anxiety that I can't deal with. Any tips for an anxiety reducer that won't turn me into a marshmallow?

Great forum, by the way.

Rolf.

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:49 PM

Also, I need to give up smoking but get anxiety that I can't deal with. Any tips for an anxiety reducer that won't turn me into a marshmallow?

l-theanine HERE & calms forte HERE

play with the dosing.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:07 PM

rolfod, your story convinces me even more that doing one thing at a time and making sure you have a feel for it is the way to go. Too many people jump in and take a huge stack all at once. They take something new before they are comfortable with what they are on presently. A few won't even give something a fair trial before they announce it has no effect. Others just add new stuff with no concern about interactions. That may not have been what you did but lots of people do stuff like that. When they have a bad reaction, they don't know what was the cause. Do you know to this day what it was that gave you problems? I doubt it was piracetam. As for anxiety, have you tried gaba?

#4 rolfod

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:32 PM

Xanadu... I have no idea what it was. Probably an overload of everything, although the Ginseng I was taking seemed to get my eczema cooking... a chinese guy told me it was very heating, which seemed about right. But like any drugs, if you mix up enough and keep doing it, you're just going to cancel everything out and cause collapse.

But then it is easy to get carried away when you read the crazy claims people make. Just for the record, I do remember adding Deprenyl to the mix and feeling like I'd been stunned with a cattle prod for 2 weeks (not the sex drive enhancement I'd been hoping for...). The Hydergine had no effect except make me exceptionally prone to wrinkling in the bath. The Vasopressin was nice and made me feel horny the first few times I took it. Vitamin A turned me yellow and all the other vitamins just gave me the most expensive piss in London.

Piracetam (for me) is a lovely thing provided I keep the dose low.

I tried GABA a long time ago but can't remember what for, nor what it did (smart drugs eh?). Thanks for the tip - I'll look into it again.

Ajnast4r: I'm going to give L-Theanine a go - thanks for the tip.

#5 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:30 PM

The Hydergine had no effect except make me exceptionally prone to wrinkling in the bath.

I don't mean to laugh, but that's one of the funniest things I've read in this entire joint! [thumb]

I use Gamalate B6 occasionally if I'm super anxious. It's mild and cheap, and non-addictive, so they say.

#6 rolfod

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:53 PM

Gamalate B6 sounds great, but I'm in the UK and can't find any source for it whatsoever. Why would you only take it occassionally, btw? Does it knock you out?

#7 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:01 PM

Check it out: http://www.biogenesi...pi-gamalate.asp

They ship out of South Africa, they're a great company. They ship to the United Kingdom, just not all items. I just take it occasionally whenever I feel like I need to chill down a touch. It most definately does not knock you out...it's rather mild. So it may not be good enough for your purposes if you feel you need serious tranqs.

#8 rolfod

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:03 PM

No - mild is good. I'll give them a try - thanks.

#9 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:43 PM

http://www.biogenesi...pi-gamalate.asp

Here is an amusing quote from that page:

"Information for Users: Gamalate B6 is recommended for real and imaginary mental fatigue, asthenia, anxiety, non-organically based stomach upsets, memory loss."

#10 paracelsus

• 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:39 AM

Hi,

Gamalate B6 is also available from http://www.antiaging-systems.com/ (IAS) which is a UK company. They charge 9,95 USD plus 15$ shipping. I don't know where they ship it from. By the way, original price in Spain, printed on the box: 2,23 Euro incl. spanish sales tax.......
If you just want to try some and PM me and I can sent you some pills (10, 20, 30 or so, from Germany). I bought them recently at IAS, but I don't like them too much.....they make me sleepy...so reading and studying on the sofa is made impossible.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:02 AM

Yeah, I read that as well rfarris. It beats bored housewives taking valium, don't you think?

Besides, half the fatigue acquired by today's lazy person is imaginary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users