- - - - -

cryonically revived to slavery...

cryonics revival revived

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Rib Jig

• 206 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:33 PM

...or some other situation less appealing than never being revived.

What are the logical chances...?

#2 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:08 PM

Seriously?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

#3 Rib Jig

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:45 AM

In denial about numerous possible negative outcomes, are we???

Would like to hear from authoritative statisticians in touch with reality...

Edited by Rib Jig, 23 September 2015 - 02:50 AM.

• Unfriendly x 1

#4 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:58 AM

Slavery will be less and less needed in the future. The machines are the new slaves. So, reviving in slavery doesn't seem a feasable option according to me. 

But if it occasionally happens to be the case, then you have to choose between immortal slave or death ice block lol :) 

I would choose the immortal slave. 

#5 Rib Jig

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:21 PM

Crikey, try thinking outside your limited-to-today box!!!!!!!!

You're revived in 2200 to find yourself a cage-bound specimen of an alien invader;

or a thousand other negative outcome scenarios...

Statisticians...?

#6 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

I don't think, that at the moment absolutely accurate statistics is possible. 

However, I think, that once you get thawed back to life, the good outcomes are more possible than the bad outcomes. 

Slavery is next to impossible to be reestablished. 

For the aliens it is not 100% known if they exist at all. 

The most possible bad scenario, that I am the most afraid of, is that you may not be thawed. :( 

#7 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:46 PM

Slavery has merely gone underground. It still exists and always will. Perhaps humans will become the slaves of robots who will become the slaves of Kurzwell. However in the old days many close relationships were forged between slaves and masters and any sort of life is better than no life at all. Many slaves in Roman times were allowed to work for their freedom. Pompeii was mostly inhabited by freed slaves who had started to run their own businesses. Providing we are not worked to death or killed it could just be an interesting experience. We might be fed and well looked after I hope

#8 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:52 PM

If anyone is kind enough to revive me. I think they will make sure I get my mind back otherwise I'd keep messing up on the job. Unless they revive me to be a beggar. Hope many humans will be beggars in those days?
I meant how not hope stupid spell checker. See what I mean
I meant how not hope stupid spell checker. See what I mean

#9 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

Let's face it we are more likely to be museum specimens. Perhaps we will be visited by school parties of little robots who will gawp at us but as to whether the museum will pay us? Will some form of currency even exist then? Whatever does exist it should be very exciting and much better than being dead

#10 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:33 AM

In denial about numerous possible negative outcomes, are we???

Would like to hear from authoritative statisticians in touch with reality...

If you think slavery is probable, you must show why, not the other people show why is the opposite. It's a quite unpolite form of discussion to make the others do all the work before you have done anything (and then accusing them of denial). Affirmanti, non neganti, incumbit probatio.

Edited by Antonio2014, 24 September 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#11 Rib Jig

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

Enslavement, torture, some other forms of frequent or continuous pain;

The chance of being revived to one or more of these are NOT 0%!!!!

IMO, its as high as 5%...

#12 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:01 PM

And how did you calculate the 5%  ?

#13 Rib Jig

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:20 AM

Used a CS* calculator.

*CommonSense

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#14 Brett Black

• 353 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:35 AM

Crikey, try thinking outside your limited-to-today box!!!!!!!!

You're revived in 2200 to find yourself a cage-bound specimen of an alien invader;

or a thousand other negative outcome scenarios...

Statisticians...?

How do you know aliens aren't going to invade tonight whilst you're sleeping, enslave you(and everyone else) whilst you're in the unconscious state, and tomorrow you will wake up as a slave? Given that possibility, would you argue that it is better to die today, in order to avoid that chance?

Or.....what if when a person is revived from cryogenic preservation they find themselves in a world of much greater happiness, fulfillment, fairness, freedom, enlightenment, scientific and technological progress and less disease, suffering, ignorance, war and poverty?

I'm optimistic about the future. I'd argue that the millenia-long trajectory of humanity(and particularly the last several centuries) broadly consists of continuing improvements to the human condition and ongoing advances and progress. So I think something closer to the second possibility is a more likely possible scenario.

Perhaps looking at long-term historical trends is one way to try to make a better guess at what the future may hold? Would you rather live in 1815 or 2015, for instance?

#15 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

Perhaps looking at long-term historical trends is one way to try to make a better guess at what the future may hold? Would you rather live in 1815 or 2015, for instance?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

https://translate.go...t-text=&act=url

Edited by Antonio2014, 25 September 2015 - 07:36 AM.

#16 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

Or.....what if when a person is revived from cryogenic preservation they find themselves in a world of much greater happiness, fulfillment, fairness, freedom, enlightenment, scientific and technological progress and less disease, suffering, ignorance, war and poverty?

I'm optimistic about the future. I'd argue that the millenia-long trajectory of ... improvements to the human condition and ongoing advances and progress. So I think something closer to the second possibility is a more likely possible scenario.

Absolutely. I am also optimistic. I think, that in the future everything will be better and better. 

We may even some day appear to be living like in the paradise - immortal, in abundance, with no suffering, only beauty and nice music. 

http://whyparadise.tk/

#17 Brett Black

• 353 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for those statistics Antonio2014. I haven't read this, but have heard some positive reactions to the following book which delves into these types of metrics and argues that life has on average been improving for humans for a long time now:

The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined - by Steven Pinker

"Believe it or not, today we may be living in the most peaceful moment in our species' existence. In his gripping and controversial new work, New York Times bestselling author Steven Pinker shows that despite the ceaseless news about war, crime, and terrorism, violence has actually been in decline over long stretches of history. Exploding myths about humankind's inherent violence and the curse of modernity, this ambitious book continues Pinker's exploration of the essence of human nature, mixing psychology and history to provide a remarkable picture of an increasingly enlightened world."

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0143122010/

Edited by Brett Black, 25 September 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#18 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:24 AM

...or some other situation less appealing than never being revived.

What are the logical chances...?

(Solution) Have a false tooth made up filled with a cocktail of the deadliest poisons known to man at the time. If in trouble when awakening, crush tooth and swallow. Hopefully you can hide the fact that your dieing long enough that you damage yourself past what future technology can heal or revive you.
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#19 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

Lol. 

• Needs references x 1

#20 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

Lol.

I'd rather have something along those lines, who knows who might wake you and why. Imagine if they need a human from our period to experiment on or you find yourself in a
cage in a petting zoo. While those examples might be off the wall, you never know and you can always choose not to swallow the poisoned tooth. /shrug\

Edited by Ark, 25 September 2015 - 11:28 AM.

#21 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

The further you go into the future, the less are the bad things, that you may be needed. Simply there will be enough technologies for everything bad. 

With the stem cells technologies, you can be taken only one single cell, from which they to produce enough organoids, or cellular biomass to experiment. If they need so much a man like you, they will be able to clone you. 

I suppose, that the cryopreserved will be thawed one day only because of the compassion - complertely humane intentions. 

• Agree x 1

#22 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:28 PM

The further you go into the future, the less are the bad things, that you may be needed. Simply there will be enough technologies for everything bad.

With the stem cells technologies, you can be taken only one single cell, from which they to produce enough organoids, or cellular biomass to experiment. If they need so much a man like you, they will be able to clone you.

I suppose, that the cryopreserved will be thawed one day only because of the compassion - complertely humane intentions.

Of course, but your missing my point.

#23 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

What is your point? To freeze yourself in order to suicide? :) lol 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#24 Rib Jig

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:32 PM

Most are NOT getting point of this post.

Rephrasing OP:

What are chances, after revival, you will both

a. realize your new reality is unacceptable

b. realize you will not be able to escape it via 2nd death or any other manner

In other words, without dying & going to hell, you will be in an unescapable living hell.

Ironically, It won't matter if a biblical hell doesn't exist!!!!!!!!!

IMC, estimating 1 in 20 or 5% chance of this negative outcome...

Edited by Rib Jig, 25 September 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#25 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:32 PM

What is your point? To freeze yourself in order to suicide? :) lol

?... Where did I say that someone would freeze themselves in the hopes of reviving to kill themselves?

#26 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

The new reality has to be more acceptable. Everything gets better with time. 

What exactly are your concerns? 

#27 Rib Jig

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:09 PM

illogically optimistic pollyannas!!

although rate of population growth is decreasing,

the ABSOLUTE numbers of evil & bad people are increasing,

as is the frequency of "mostly good" people doing

bad things occasionally; all this influences one's

revival prospects...

Everything gets better with time.

Wrong wrong wrong!!!

Get a 6th grade physics textbook & look up "entropy".

Disorder in Universe is forever increasing...

Edited by Rib Jig, 26 September 2015 - 05:13 PM.

#28 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:28 PM

The universe goes to disorder, correct.

But the technology and the life of the people is getting better, this is also correct.

In the year of 1015 people have been living like rats. Now (2015) people have nice and warm appartments, good furiniture, toialets, cars, whatever.

#29 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:45 AM

"seivtcho"

Consider if you take your logic and apply it to 1908, say they had the technoloy in Poland to cryogenic freeze you. Now imagine you are awoken by the Nazis? Now had you had been awoken in 1998, it would be a different story. History goes in pulses, don't forget about the dark ages, and how that was a huge step backwards. Your fairy land thinking is admirable but also lacks solid logic. Your assuming technology doesn't partially destroy the future.

#30 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 27 September 2015 - 02:30 AM

@Ribjig I don't think people would revive us to face he'll. They would only revive us under optimum conditions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users