• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Should I delete NanoAging ?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 jonano

• 472 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:32 AM

Should I delete NanoAging ? I want to know your opinions.

Navigation:
Threads merged, which might cause some asynchronicity below.
Please do not cross-post / create redundant topics.

Edited by caliban, 05 October 2005 - 10:25 PM.

#2 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:32 AM

Should I delete NanoAging ? I want to know your opinions.

• Lurker

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:54 AM

No. Put it back online.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:55 AM

Im doing it now

#5 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:12 AM

Depends. What would you be doing instead? I liked it though. It may have been small, but having another pro-longevity voice out there is usually better than not.

• Lurker

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:13 PM

Tres bien.

#7 bgwowk

• 1,715 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:29 PM

Can we have a poll?

Jon, what really drives peope crazy is not the existence of your site, but the way you've promoted it. There are only a small number of groups, like transhumanists, that are slightly receptive to cryonics. If you shove cryonics in the face of people who don't want it (and that's almost the entire world!), you only make cryonics look bad.

I know the idea of people not wanting cryonics is completely beyond your comprehension. But that is reality. Cryonics will not see widespread acceptance until almost everyone now living is dead. There will be a cryonics evolution, not revolution. Your goal should be to improve the public image of cryonics to permit peaceful coexistence of the field, not destroy the public image of cryonics by hacking websites, trying to sell it to dying people, and spamming messages about cryonics and nanoaging.com where nobody wants to hear about it. Okay?

---BrianW

#8 dnamechanic

• Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:47 PM

Hi Jonathan,

I suspect many people appreciate your efforts.

Sometimes we tend to take things for granted. I appreciate your efforts!

Prometheus said it, "Put it back online".

I am happy to see your site still there.

It's sometimes hard to measure progress.

Your site has had ~10,000 unique visitors. We do not yet know whom you may have influenced.
It is likely that someone, maybe several people, will make better decisions because of something they saw at NanoAging.

The problem we face is a most difficult one.

Press on!

Best regards,
dnamechanic

#9 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:52 PM

I disagree with the above sentiments. You're heart is in the right place but your actions I do not believe are beneficial to the cryonics community.

#10 darauch

• 33 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

I think it's great, why would you delete it?

#11 bgwowk

• 1,715 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:41 PM

dnamechanic wrote:

Your site has had ~10,000 unique visitors. We do not yet know whom you may have influenced.
It is likely that someone, maybe several people, will make better decisions because of something they saw at NanoAging.

Are you aware that many of those hits were a result of Jon hacking Wikipedia to replace links for the Ellison Medical Foundation and other famous institutions with links to nanoaging.com instead? And that Jon made public statements defending this vandalism as justified by the cause of cryonics?

Cryonics doesn't need publicity like that!

---BrianW

#12 bgwowk

• 1,715 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:44 PM

I think it's great, why would you delete it?

Um, because it solicits money to be sent to him personally for research he has no capability to perform?

---BrianW

Edited by bgwowk, 06 October 2005 - 01:47 AM.

#13 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:01 AM

The money I will receive I will simply donate it to cryonics organisation, that`s not a big deal.

When Brian Wowk will be dead, I might be a leader in cryonics.

--Jon

#14 Trias

• 270 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:57 AM

The money I will receive I will simply donate it to cryonics organisation, that`s not a big deal.

--Jon

BGWowk, I suggest you start hiding [lol]
The man would burn to ashes the entire populace of the earth just so he can be a great leader in cryonics (to which he has alternatively exhibited ambivalent feelings).......... note the irony ;-)

jonano, no offense; but you are not an educated man. Better put (to avoid academic connotations) - you are not an enlightened man.
Your motivation is indeed admirale, still you insist on expressing it in the [stupidly] wrong channels. Why?

Do you even know what cryonics is all about? -Truly, i don't think you do; I think you CAN............... so, get the work (progress starts from the way down, I'll remind you.. - and if there are some exception you could think of..... remember they retained an exceptional talent).

#15 Trias

• 270 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:02 AM

I know the idea of people not wanting cryonics is completely beyond your comprehension.  But that is reality.  Cryonics will not see widespread acceptance until almost everyone now living is dead.  There will be a cryonics evolution, not revolution.  Your goal should be to improve the public image of cryonics to permit peaceful coexistence of the field, not destroy the public image of cryonics by hacking websites, trying to sell it to dying people, and spamming messages about cryonics and nanoaging.com where nobody wants to hear about it.  Okay?

---BrianW

Every word is gold; take heed, Jon...

#16 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:18 PM

--Jon

Holy cr*p [:o] ... Brian......... beware. [mellow]

-Infernity

• Lurker

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:51 PM

I think Jonano may have been expressing himself metaphorically. Brian is, after all, most vigorous in his criticism of him. :)

In any case, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It is patently absurd to couple the scientific legitimacy of cryonics with Jonano having a website.

#18 bgwowk

• 1,715 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:45 PM

The issue is not the existence of his website, it is the things he's done wih it. The issue is not the scientific legitimacy of cryonics, it is the appearance of cryonicists living up to their worst stereotype. I sincerely hope Jon learns from the negative reactions he's experienced to aim his message more carefully.

---BrianW

#19 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:59 PM

someone know the email of Bob Nelson? I think he wants to start a standby team and I might use it for my cryonics company.

#20 bgwowk

• 1,715 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:50 PM

For the benefit of those who don't know, Bob Nelson was the architect of the infamous Chatsworth disaster in the 1970s in which multiple cryonics patients were allowed to thaw without anyone being told for years. Cryonics received the worst publicity in its history when news media discovered the decomposing bodies.

http://www.alcor.org...onfailures.html

http://www.network54...bout Bob Nelson

After withdrawing from cryonics for a quarter century, Nelson has recently returned to public visibility and seems to be attempting to rehabilitate his image. In proposing to start his own cryonics organization, and in proposing an association with Nelson, Jon is demonstrating new extremes in bad judgement. [sad]

---BrianW

• Lurker

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:18 AM

Good grief.. Jon, may I suggest that if you want to start your own cryonics organisation you steer clear from the likes of Bob.

#22 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:58 AM

My opinion is that maybe Bob has learned from the past, he is a guy with experience. He is not storing bodies but only perfuse them. In 2020 there will be great interest in Cryonics.

#23 dangerousideas

• 60 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:03 AM

Take it down.

Your immature and aggressive presentation and ill-considered (even fraudulent and legally actionable!) tactics have much more potential to harm cryonics than anything positive that you will likely ever have the capacity to do for it. In addition, you place yourself at legal jeopardy so long as you continue to fraudulently solicit donations or make misrepresentations on your site. What are you thinking?

The community is surprisingly tolerant, and I have seen a lot of eccentricity accepted comfortably within it. Unfortunately, there have also been occasional individuals who have obsessed on cryonics – or other “edgy” ideas - as a consequence of mental illness.

I rush to say that I do not know you at all, other than through your interactions over the internet. That said, however, I must also frankly say that your behavior and communications on this and other forums point to a potentially unbalanced mind.

As caring people, I am sure that others here who might suspect the same thing would join me in asking you to please seek help from a qualified mental health professional.

#24 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:03 AM

Brian Wowk should tell to Alcor web master to add nanoaging on their links directory.

• Lurker

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:29 AM

Jonano, do you have intentions of obtaining formal academic training in scientific areas that are associated with your interests?

#26 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:16 AM

prometheus, no, I am only a business man who will seek money from cryonics. I expect alot of members will want to sign up for cryonics in the futur and I want to provide them the best solutions possible. For more information on me go here: www.nanoaging.com/jonathan

#27 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:17 AM

I dont understand why it would be fraudulant to ask money on a web site. If people is donating money to an individual there is nothing wrong with it. This is their choice.

#28 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:57 AM

The definition of fraud is this:

"A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain."

If people want to donate money for my projects, it is no fraud, it is their choice, my projects are well demonstrated, I hide nothing.

#29 iambhall

• 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:04 PM

According to this link, you are promoting a cryonics company that doesn't exist:

http://nanoaging.com/cryonics.html

Your site says:

$5,000/day - For the Standby Team. For perfusion. If you are on the verge of death, and you want someone to remain on standby, it will cost $5000/day

What standby team? None exists.

It is this kind of thing that foes of cryonics can use in the future against cryonics. It increases the chance of negative government regulation.

Edited by iambhall, 09 October 2005 - 09:20 PM.

#30 jonano

• Topic Starter
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:11 PM

I will use the new standby team of Robert Nelson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users