increase in tyramine levels in rat heart 
by
Dostert P, Castelli MG, Cicioni P, Strolin Benedetti M
Farmitalia Carlo Erba, 
Research and Development,
Erbamont Group, Milan, Italy. 
J Neural Transm Suppl 1994; 41:149-53 

ABSTRACT

This study aimed to examine whether the increase in heart radioactivity levels after intravenous injection of 14C-tyramine to rats pretreated with the irreversible MAO inhibitor tranylcypromine could be antagonized by reboxetine, a potent and selective noradrenaline uptake blocker. Reboxetine was found totally to abolish the effect of tranylcypromine. Heart radioactivity levels after reboxetine and tranylcypromine were very similar to those found when tyramine was injected after reboxetine only. These results suggest that reboxetine might be advantageously combined with tranylcypromine, or any MAO inhibitor, in depressed patients unresponsive of either treatment given alone. 
NRis should also reverse the hypotension."

I've also confirmed this with Dr Gillman, adding either the NRI, Reboxetine or the TCA, Nortriptyline, will counter the tyramine reaction and also the fatigue from Parnate due to the reduced NE transmission.
So we can eat whatever we want if we add an NRI, though care is still required for OTC medications.

Not only does something like Nortriptyline counter the NE reduction of Parnate, it will potently block 5HT2c for further dopamine transmission.
I believe this combination would be fantastic for severe depression / anhedonia.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:35 PM

Even with prescription parnate is very expensive, how much are you paying for it?

I am interested in a group buy to synthesize it, its a very effective antidepressant and if you have it in pure powder to use sublingually or even insufflated you do not have any issues with the "cheese" - tyramine effect. Although the combination with reboxetine sounds a very good idea. 

In antidepressant rating sites is always on the top, and you could not find experiences like this for other antidepressants...

I have been treated for severe cyclic depressions (atypical), anxiety, and OCD since college and I am 47. Without effective medication, my illness is debilitating. In 1993, after trying many different antidepressants, I urged my psychiatrist to prescribe me the monoamine oxidase inhibitor, Nardil. WOW....somebody switched the lights on and the symptoms off. 90% of the time I was in remission with only brief minor periods of symptoms. Nardil was reformulated and stopped working, so I switched to Parnate. 160mg/day give 100% symptom relief (with 1200mg/day lithium). I mentally feel like I'm 20, bursting with mental energy. Many considered me brilliant prior to Parnate; but after years on it, my cognitive skills, retention, and creativity reached a new level."

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maoi, anhedonia, depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users