Ashwanghanda and Skin Aging/Cancer

ashwanghanda skin cancer photoaging

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 albedo

• 2,070 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:51 PM

I was recently in a drug discovery conference where I have seen the attached poster on using a sophisticated signaling pathway approach to help in discovering drugs able to reverse skin aging and photoaging.

I found interesting the ashwanghanda active compound ending up between the top 7 potential drugs against skin cancer. I will research more on the published results and look at possible clinical validations. However it should be noted that, see here, “…While the root extract of ashwagandha appears to be virtually nontoxic at this point in time, high doses of isolated Withaferin A (the anticancer molecule) do possess a toxicity; in worst scenarios, it is about 4-fold higher than the therapeutic dose and difficult to reach via the root extract…”

Have you additional information to share?

On my n=1 experiment, I am taking 125 mg extract ashwanghanda (*) as part of my brain stack. Most of the posts here on it refer to its brain effects and so I thought to open a new post.

(*)

Sensoril® Ashwagandha extract (root and leaf), providing 10 mg withanolide glycoside conjugates, or 8% which looks pretty standard between various brands.

Attached File  Skin_aging_poster_final.pdf.pdf   591.39KB   9 downloads

Edited by albedo, 14 October 2015 - 01:52 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ashwanghanda, skin cancer, photoaging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users