Imipramine, good and bad effects

imipramine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:06 PM

I’m 66, have had inhalant allergies all my life, food intolerances, associated fatigue, confusion, brain fog.   In 2000 a MD recommended tofranil 25 mg/day (along with other helpful advice).  The initial therapeutic dose for depression is 75 mg/day, increasing to 150 mg/day. 

It worked great for me – reduced allergies, increased mental clarity, focus, fluency.  About 2006 I developed stiff and mildly painful muscles especially in the forearms.   I went through physical therapy, deep massage, but they would stiffen up quickly interfering with exercise and everyday enjoyment.   About four years later I stopped tofranil and the stiff and painful muscle problem quickly ended.   

Since then I’ve experimented with three dozen different substances but nothing works for me like tofranil for the allergy, fatigue, brain fog problems.   Even a 10 mg dose is enough to do the job, 15 mg is ideal.  But I quickly develop the muscle problem whenever using it.  I have scoured the internet for reports associating tofranil or other tricyclics with muscle complications but have found nothing. 

I’m well educated but know no biochemistry.  I would be grateful to hear any advice on why tofranil works so well for me; why it causes the muscle problem; and what other substances (besides other tricyclics) might substitute for it. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imipramine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users