Photo
- - - - -

are these ok

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 anarke848

• 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:07 PM

I’m new to this website and I'm currently taking a lot of memory supplements. My goal is to increase memory/focuc/concentration/creativity. im 18 years old, 150 lbs 5'11 and I was wondering if the dosages are ok too. Here's a list of what I take. I also threw in 1 or 2 in there cause I heard they can help with weightlifting. I’d appreciate any advice I can get. Whether its on the particular dosages, if I should take out or add anything, or any information you can give me on any one of these or other substances. -Thanks
Huperzine A 250 mcg
Alpha GPC 1200 mg
Phosphatidyl Serine 300 mg
Choline Bitortrate 400 mg
Inositol 150 mg
Ginko Biloba 24/6 120 mg
Vinpocetine 10 mg
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 500 mg
Omega-3 fatty acids 1600 mg
Docosahexaenoic Acid 1000 mg
Eicosapentaenoic Acid 400 mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 1500 mg
DMAE 500 mg
High Choline Soy Lecithin 400 mg
Phosphatidyl Choline 140 mg
Goku Kola 1500 mg
Folic Acid 700 mcg

Daily Multivitamin:
Vit A 3500 IU
Vit C 90 mg
Vit D 400 IU
Vit E 45 IU
Vit K 20 mcg
Thiamin B1 1.2 mg
Riboflavin B2 1.7 mg
Nilacin 16 mg
Viatmin B6 3 mg
Vitamin B12 18 mcg
Biotin 30 mcg
Panthothenic Acid 5 mg
Calcium elemental 210 mg
Magnesium 120 mg
Zinc 15 mg
Selenium 105 mcg
Copper 2 mg
Manganese 2 mg
Chromium 120 mcg
Potassium 100 mg
Lycopene 600 mcg

I’ve been on this for a week with no real side-effects, I’ve experienced more energy, and more detailed and visual dreams with improved recognition of them.

#2 gcurrie

• 86 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:00 PM

My opinion:

Huperzine A: 50-100 mcg / day is fine. More is not better.
Dump the Gingko and up the vinpocetine to 20-30 mg / day.

You are taking a TON of choline. Why don't you add in some piracetam/aniracetam to soak it up? :-)

If you're looking for clarity and creativity, you need to try the racetams.

-Gordon

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 anarke848

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:17 PM

isnt gingko one of the only proven ones on the list to work well? should i dump it because vinpocetine does the same thing but better?

#4 velocidex

• 75 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:06 AM

I'd agree -- your list lacks the 'racetam family, members of which are all highly proven. Piracetam is cheap and highly effective

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 gcurrie

• 86 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:07 AM

Yes, vinpocetine (IMO) does the same as gingko, and more. Do a search on here and see what is said about one vs. the other.

You are also taking 5 choline sources. Why not just stick with Alpha GPC, which is the most bio-available?

Alcar and r-ala is good. I find alcar can give me a lift like coffee without the buzziness and burnout.

If you haven't already, check out the LONG thread LifeMirage's Antiaging-Nootropic Regimen. That's a great place to start and decide which items are for your particular goals.

After that, you also need to try them. The best way is adding in one at a time, for a week's time. Anything that doesn't work for you, take it out. Just because it has "effect x or effect y" on someone else does NOT mean that it will have the same for you. We all have a different balance of sensitivity to neurotransmitters. Viva la difference!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users