- - - - -

Oxiracetam - first try with it

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 simon_marklar

• 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:38 AM

hi guys,

i'm new to the world of nootropics, and im after some advice. i've checked the archives and i cant find what im after, apologies if its there, i can only get on the net at work.

I recently bought some Oxiracetam, supposed to be 800mg caps but they are 1000mg caps. i've been taking them for the last few days, and i can definatly notice a change - im no longer grasping for words in conversations, and my memory has improved a bit :)

the problem is, that i get a pain in the area of my sinuses about an hour and a half after taking it. is this because of the extra 200mg? also, i've been taking a second 1000mg cap at 3pm - this gets rid of the ache for a while, but it will come back.

another thing, is Oxiracetam the same as piracetam where i chould be taking an attack dose? if so, what should it be?

also, the first few days of taking this i was really angry for no real reason, just snapping at things. is this normal?

thanks for your help :)

%simon

#2 gcurrie

• 86 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:38 AM

Have you taken any choline with the oxiracetam? Racetams tend to use up choline.

I have no personal experience with oxiracetam, but plenty with piracetam and aniracetam. Never heard of a sinus pain associated with them.

I have experienced getting angry easier on racetams. I've taken it as a sign to back off a bit.

On attack doses - some think it's necessary, others not. I happen to think you can do without it. It's hard enough to find your optimum dosage as it is. Why go way overboard?

Many nootropics have a narrow optimal dosage range. If you double it, you don't necessarily get clearer.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

Oxiracetam is supposed to be stronger than piracetam. 1000mg might be way too big a dose.

#4 simon_marklar

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:55 AM

this morning i opened the caps and took out 200mgs. so far, only a minor headache that went away within minutes. will lower it again tomorrow see if that helps.

will get some choline, see if that helps.

what really sucks is that i bought "800mg caps" because i hate capping things, now it seems im going to have to do it anyways. o well :)

Thanks for your help guys

#5 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:36 AM

How do you know it's not 800mg? Do you typically run into folks that give you 10 lbs when you ask for 8 lbs?

#6 simon_marklar

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:17 AM

well the fact that the bottle it comes in has got 1000mgs written on it, as well as the other documentation that came with it. also it comes in horse tablets packed to the brim, which i was under the impression are used for 1000mgs of powder.

i could weigh them for you if you like? :)

either way, taking 200mgs out has taken away the headache and agreession, and im still feeling major improvements :D

#7 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:19 PM

You might do better yet with 600mg or 500.

#8 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:47 PM

well the fact that the bottle it comes in has got 1000mgs written on it, as well as the other documentation that came with it.

That's a pretty good sign. :) I'm interested if you'll tell me where you got your product. I'd love to find a place that offers me 800mg and instead supplies 1000mg at the same price.

also it comes in horse tablets packed to the brim, which i was under the impression are used for 1000mgs of powder.

That one isn't quite as reliable. According to Capsuline, the 00 capsules can hold from 570mg, at a filler that weighs 0.6g/ml to 1140mg with fillers that weigh 1.2g/ml.

Another way of putting it is that the volume is always contained in a 00 capsule, but the weight it can contain is determined by how dense the filler is. It always takes five 00 capsules to hold a teaspoon of filler, but five 00 capsules could hold anywhere from ~2800mg to ~5700mg.

#9 simon_marklar

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:26 AM

That's a pretty good sign. smile.gif I'm interested if you'll tell me where you got your product. I'd love to find a place that offers me 800mg and instead supplies 1000mg at the same price.

http://www.nootrition.com/

That one isn't quite as reliable. According to Capsuline, the 00 capsules can hold from 570mg, at a filler that weighs 0.6g/ml to 1140mg with fillers that weigh 1.2g/ml.

Another way of putting it is that the volume is always contained in a 00 capsule, but the weight it can contain is determined by how dense the filler is. It always takes five 00 capsules to hold a teaspoon of filler, but five 00 capsules could hold anywhere from ~2800mg to ~5700mg.

i have a heap of 00's and these are definatly twice the size. they get caught in my throat :)

i've taken out 250mg now and all signs of headache are gone, still getting great results, and no anger whatsoever.

#10 toska

• 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:23 AM

has anyone else bought or dealt with www.nootrition.com before??

#11 goku

• 292 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:27 AM

I've been told by a doctor that all the racetams are really the same thing and just uping your dose of piracetam -- a much better tested racetam -- is the exact equivalent of any other racetam. I dunno, what do others think based on the lit they've read. I wouldn't be surprised. Apparently the drug company that intially was excited about aniracetam (Rouche & someone else I think) abandoned further efforts due to this fact.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 gcurrie

• 86 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:17 PM

In my own experience, there are definite differences between piracetam and aniracetam. I have cycled off one or the other, usually when running out and awaiting the next shipment or waiting for sufficient time to cap a few hundred (I refuse to just chug my racetams).

For me, piracetam has a stronger visual and auditory effect than aniracetam. I notice the ability to resolve detail and relationships in music (being a professional-level guitarist). Aniracetam on the other hand has a pronounced effect on my ability to write or verbalize concepts. With aniracetam I find that the 'right' word or phrase or metaphor comes quickly and consistently.

However, these differences are pretty subtle! So I think your doctor is partially correct, at least in the broad sense. I would suspect that your doctor is also NOT speaking from personal experience.

For me, if I had to pick only one, it would be aniracetam (not having tried oxi or prami).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users