Photo
- - - - -

pyritinol experiences

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 prodigy2020

• 26 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:22 AM

Hey, I'm curious what everyone's experiences have been with pyritinol. Helpful? Not helpful? Any side effects?

For me it just kinda feels like it's... upping the voltage, I guess. I've been taking it on and off for a few months, but lately I've been getting some pretty mean headaches from taking it (400-600mg dose range). I like the effects, but the headaches are terrible. I've tried taking it with alpha-GPC, but that didn't help the headache. Has anyone else experienced this?

#2 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:37 AM

I've taken from 200mg to 1gr ocassionaly. Not much felt at these doses

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:03 PM

I took 200-400mg per day last semester. It really seemed to help me breeze through my midterms and finals. I did experience some mild headaches from time to time, but I was on so many different things I didn't narrow down what caused it.

#4 hyoomen

• 70 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

Over the summer when I was hitting a cocktail hard to keep up all night and cram for Anatomy & Physiology tests, pyritinol was one of the crucial substances that kept me going. The recall, energy, and general mental acuity I had with pyritinol was always surprising. Generally I was in the 200-400mg range without major issue. Any headaches I had I attributed to Huperzine A combined with excessive choline.

FWIW, my cocktail included a rotation (and typically combination) of Huperzine A, pyritinol, picamilon, Piracetam, Alpha GPC, ALCAR, Guarana, etc. Unfortunately I only had a sample size of pyritinol, so I was quick to find out just how much it had been helping me when I ran out. Definitely a must, and has been recommended on here for some of the younger people (as many of the nootropics are somewhat more geared towards age-related mental decline).

#5 gcurrie

• 86 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:19 PM

I've had good experience with pyritinol. I use it at a dosage range of 200-400 mg.

It's not in my daily stack - I use it when I need to focus and retain knowledge. Although recently it is at 5x a week, as my need for focus and mental clarity recently is high.

I've never noticed any headaches that could be attributed to it. I get headaches so infrequently anyway.

#6 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:17 PM

Has anyone noticed that it's harder to sleep on pyritinol? I ask because I have some in the fridge I haven't tried yet and I always have trouble getting to sleep. Where are the nootropics that make you sleepy? Most of them do the reverse. I had to quit my 50mg a day idebenone because of that.

#7 prodigy2020

• Topic Starter
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:35 PM

Hmm, I'm surprised that no one else has gotten headaches. That's a good thing, I guess; maybe something else it causing mine.

It'd depend on how close to bed time I take it, xanadu. I'd probably have trouble getting to sleep if I had taken pyritinol within 3-4 hours of going to sleep, but after those few hours I have no problems. I don't generally have issues getting to sleep though (I could down a pot of coffee and pass out 5 minutes later if I wanted to). Maybe start with 200mg in the morning and work your way up from there?

Piracetam can actually make me a bit sleepy at times (if taken without a choline source). I find that piracetam occasionally makes me remember my dreams more too, and they tend to be more vivid than usual. (Note: This may just be a coincidence, but I've heard that piracetam can be responsible for this).

#8 gcurrie

• 86 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:50 PM

I have found that Huperzine A or deprenyl can keep me awake if I take them after noon.

Pyritinol, piracetam, aniracetam, vinpocentine all can keep me awake if I ingest them too late. I usually am up until midnight so I need to have them by about 7 pm.

Picamilon and theanine can have calming effects.

If you are one of the many with anxiety problems, you really want to watch your later day/evening nootropic use, especially with the ones that stimulate the mind.

#9 dimjimm

• 28 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:47 PM

Recurring headaches can indicate low serotonin levels.

Taking theanine or drinking lots of tea could be crashing your serotonin levels.

You could try 5-HTP (serotonin precursor), or a mild MAOi like Picamilon, St. Johns Wort, Licorice Root, etc.

#10 worldeater

• 72 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:07 AM

Pyritinol is one of my favorites. 400mg pyr combined with 100mcg Hup-A works really well for serious studying.

#11 oilfieldpilot

• 67 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:37 AM

I had to quit my 50mg a day idebenone because of that.

mg so this is in capsule, I'm ass-uming [wis]

50 mg = ? in liquid; do you know?
Have you tried the liquid? if so which do you like better?

I just started the liq idebenone last week, never tried the dry.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll take it in a.m. since I am chronic insomn too.
I added the Ltheanine and that has improved my sleep greatly.

ofp

#12 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:33 AM

Do you keep the PEGysomal Idebenone in the fridge, like it says to do on the label? If so, have you noticed that it thickens up too much to suck into the dropper?

Once you squirt it between lip and gum, then what do you do?

#13 wannafulfill

• 275 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:41 AM

hold it there

#14 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:46 AM

I keep PEGysomal Idebenone in the fridge. Never had problems with thicknes. Maybe your temp in fridge is too low? :)

#15 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:54 PM

I use the powder ideb and capped it myself.

#16 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:17 AM

I keep PEGysomal Idebenone in the fridge. Never had problems with thicknes. Maybe your temp in fridge is too low? :)

Eventually I just started leaving it out of the fridge. It's almost gone now, and the next time I'll be taking caps, even if I have to use twice as much.

Wanna -- I also just hold it there, and try to squish it around a bit by puffing air into my cheeks and moving it back and forth. But I read a suggestion for another PEGysomalated supplement that said to squish it around and then swallow it.

#17 oilfieldpilot

• 67 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:02 PM

I keep mine in the fridge too, and it is very thick! I pull out the dropper and it's coated so heavily on it...

so i just lick it off! hahaha
but don't swallow right away ....(rfarris ....get yor Mind outta the gutter!)

my fridge is new and on coldest setting...if that makes a difference (?) as mentioned above...

What dose does everyone take? What have you found that is does for you? etc..

I've cut back to every other day, less than 1ml. I take it separately from anything else, but I noticed racing heart when I took it every day.
Anyone else?

-ofp

#18 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:12 PM

so i just lick it off! hahaha
but don't swallow right away ....(rfarris ....get yor Mind outta the gutter!)

Hey, as long as you swallow eventually, I'm happy.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#19 oilfieldpilot

• 67 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

(hahahaha...)

maybe that's why the racing heart!

you lurker!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users