Photo
- - - - -

Highly Neuroprotective peptide

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 goku

• 292 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:04 AM

Is still no one on this forum interested in the tanning pharmacetical Melanotan? I posted a bunch of info on the supplier forum about Melanotan and posted an abstract from PubMed about it's powerful neuroprotective effects. It's the only substance currently in existence that increases melanin in mammals and is in stage IIIb trials at the pharmaceutical company Epitan who are going to market it for skin cancer prevention medication because it creates a protective tan in humans without needing UV exposure.

Here's one of many abstracts on it's powerful neuroprotective effects:

The potent melanocortin receptor agonist melanotan-II promotes peripheral nerve regeneration and has neuroprotective properties in the rat.

Ter Laak MP, Brakkee JH, Adan RA, Hamers FP, Gispen WH.

Department of Medical Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG, Utrecht, The Netherlands.

The neurotrophic and neuroprotective potential of the alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (alpha-MSH) analog cyclo-[Ac-Nle(4),Asp(5),D-Phe(7),Lys(10)]alpha-MSH-(4-10) amide (melanotan-II), a potent melanocortin receptor agonist, was investigated. The sciatic nerve crush model was used as a paradigm to investigate the neurotrophic properties of melanotan-II. Melanotan-II significantly enhanced the recovery of sensory function following a crush lesion of the sciatic nerve in the rat at a dose of 20 microg kg(-1) per 48 h, s.c., but not at a dose of 2 or 50 microg kg(-1). In addition, we observed that melanotan-II also possesses neuroprotective properties, as it partially protected the nerve from a toxic neuropathy induced by cisplatin. Thus, the present data for the first time demonstrate the effectiveness of the potent alpha-MSH analog melanotan-II in nerve regeneration and neuroprotection.

PMID: 12591111 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

#2 wannafulfill

• 275 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:12 AM

There hasn't been enough research on it and clinical trials/user reports yet to get really excited IMO. Besides, I'd bet most life extensioners don't care about being tan. I would prefer to look a normal color actually.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 haveblue

• 66 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:32 PM

No offense goku, but I am weary of your intent. You mentioned on another post that you had a good connection and were selling small quantities to those interested..

I researched Melanotan and while it does look interesting, there are still not enough studies and there are of course no accounts of its long term consequences, since it is such a young drug. The stuff also fetches sky-high prices at the moment.

And besides that, sunlight is good for you. Some overdo it, but your pineal gland and hence the rest of your body will thank you for getting out in the sun once in a while. One of the reasons that we as a people are becoming more ill is that everyone stays indoors all the time. Of course the drug industry is happy for that to be the case, since they can develop more drugs to treat symptoms and not the roots of problems. ie lack of proper nutrition, vitamin intake, sunlight, exercise, etc etc.

#4 goku

• Topic Starter
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:03 AM

well MT-2 usage was designed to prevent skin cancer, not to use as a way of avoiding sunlight, but intergrating sun exposure safely into your life especially if you live in an area like Australia and are especially fair skinned.

yes sunlight is good for you in moderate amounts, and studies showing MT-2's tanning benefits have done so in conjunction with UV exposure on subjects b/c it dramatically expedites tanning. MT-2 is really just an alpha-MSH analogue, so it's very unlikely to have any long term consequences. However, it's true that experiments in humans has only a few years of trials demonstrating MT-2's safety. I just thought more than anything people here would be intereste in MT-2 for it's powerful neuroprotective effects, but that clearly hasn't been the case.

#5 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

I'm interested. I'd love to get a tan by popping a pill... where do I sign up? ;)

#6 goku

• Topic Starter
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:10 PM

It's not available orally yet. It has to be administered via subcutaneous injection -- you use the tiny syringes (BD ultrafine II 1/3 cc) diabetics use and just inject half a centimeter beneath skin -- you literally don't even feel the needle it's so fine. You're just injecting into fatty tissue immediately beneath skin.

IMPORTANT -- USAGE, & STORING PROCEDURE FOR MT-2:

I've been getting a plethora of emails regarding dosage and storage, so I'll try to give some insight into details in these and other areas.

I ship Fed-ex and provide tracking # immediately upon sending package out, so you can keep track of it online @ the Fed-ex website or by phone through Fed-ex. It is necessary to send via Fed-ex/UPS or a similar fast courier service b.c the peptide is heat sensitive and must not sit in the mail for more than a week or so. I like to get the peptide to customers ASAP.

I also ship with cold packs to ensure integrity of peptide.

I also include full pharmaceutical HPLC and MS documentation attesting to the purity and safety of the Melanotan, so you will have peace of mind in this regard.

The Melanotan will arrive to you as a lyophilized (or freeze-dried) white crystalline powder in the vials. It is very cold when it arrives. Melanotan when in its lyophilized state lasts slightly over a year in your freezer. So you will store Melanotan in your freezer.

My vials are aliquoted to have 10 mg of Melanotan per vial. So if you order 40 mg, you receive 4 vials. Once you receive your vials of Melanotan, you will reconstitute ONE of them and put the others in the freezer, keeping them (lyophilized/freeze-dried) until you are ready to use them.

When I say reconstitute what I mean is you will mix something called bacteriostatic water in the vials. Bacteriostatic water is easily obtained at any london drugs, pharmasave, shoppers drug mart, etc. I can also provide the bacteriostatic water if for some strange reason you cannot obtain it -- but it's very easy to get and very cheap (a couple of bucks). You DO NOT need a presciption for bacteriostatic water. It is just pure water with an antibacterial agent so that the Melanotan remains 100% stable and sanitized throughout usage. You mix the peptide with the bac water so that you can administer it.

You will mix a vial with 1.5 cc (150 units) of bacteriostatic water -- this is easily measurable by using your syringe to mix it. Then you will vigorously shake the vial with water added for about 2 minutes so that the melanotan dissolves and defrosts properly. And that concludes the process of reconstitution. Remember, you will only reconstitute one vial of Melanotan at a time and use that vial until it is empty. Only then will you repeat process with a new vial.

The reason you only reconstitute one vial at a time is b/c the peptide is much more fragile once you've mixed it with bacteriostatic water and will only last for about 10-11 days in the fridge after this point.

Again, in the freezer in its freeze-dried (lyophilized) state, the Melanotan lasts for over a year, but not once mixed with water and defrosted.

You store the reconstituted vial in your refridgerator (NOT FREEZER) b/c otherwise it would freeze again (the more you freeze and defrost any peptide, the more it degrades). You finish off that vial during the next 9-11 days and then move on to the next.

MAKE SURE you keep reconstituted melanotan in the refridgerator and do not leave it on the counter. It degrades rapidly in room temperature environment and will not last more than a couple of days or less like this.

I hope this clarifies storage and to some degree usage of the peptide. I will go into more detail regarding usage and dosing in my next post soon.

I accept all forms of payment -- so whatever is conveinant for you. I am going to give discounts on my usual $90 per 10 mg to new clients for their first purchase from me. Thirdly, I will also give discounts on larger orders. When I order more peptide from synthesizer, I get a cheaper price, so you will also gain these benefits when making a larger order.

I have a much more detailed post on MT-2 @ overseapharmacy.com

#7 wannafulfill

• 275 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:12 AM

Have people reported on their experience with this after buying it from you?

#8 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:17 AM

You actually produce your own vials? You run underground lab? Just courious

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:56 AM

goku

Because your purpose of this topic is to sell an drug (I would never use or recommend anyone take it) I am moving this topic to Nootropics Supplier.

There are far greater studied and actually beneficial nootropics on the market I would recommend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users