Photo
- - - - -

no Quality seal?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 proteuszx

• 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:33 PM

This is my first time ordering from relentlessimprovement.com and it didn't turn out so well. I ordered a 40 cap bottle of oxiracetam(unique nutrition brand) and it had no seal inside or outside. Since there was no seal I decided to count the capsules and there were only 37 instead of 40. I have ordered directly from unique nutrition before and haven't had this problem. I'm assuming it's possible my bottle was tinkered with after it left Unique Nutrition since they are the supplier. I think it's bad enough that there is potential contamination from metals. A representative from relentlessimprovement.com mentioned to me that some of their suppliers have decided to do away with one of the seals. Whatever the case may be, have any of you had similar experiences with lack of quality seals?

#2 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:40 PM

That doesn't bother me nearly as badly as only getting 37/40 of my purchase! :)

I would be more worried about quality seals if they were sitting on a retail shelf, where someone else could have gotten into it, but I am certain that RI is very careful with the products while they are in their warehouse.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:20 AM

All capped UN products I got had inner and outer seal, and their liquid PEGlyated idebenone had outer seal.

#4 psychenaut

• Life Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

I previously offered to send proteuszx a new bottle, I offered to pay shipping for them to return claimed defective me and offered to send out a new bottle immediately at no cost. I am awaiting a response or their product to be returned (if they choose to accept my offer).

In the rare case a problem crops up we do what is right, but we ask a customer to cooperate by returning the product in question so that we can examine it. It doesn't get more fair than that. Sending out free merchandise based only on verbal comments would be a going out of business strategy.

Some of my suppliers (AOR) are doing away with the external plastic seals and only going with an inner. Many of LEF’s products are going to a “full-body” plastic wrap. In my personal experience the inner seals sometimes do not completely adhere to the bottle neck. I looked at all of my UNI inventory, and all do have an external plastic seals. All Relentless Improvement brand racetams have innner and outer seals.

Pete

Edited by psychenaut, 30 October 2005 - 06:20 PM.

#5 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:36 AM

If the capping was outsourced there was obviously no way they would know the bottle was shorted. Inner seals tend not to stick. We sell around 3k sku's and get about 20 emails a week about products not having seals. When they look on the inside of the top, there it is.

We heat seal all of our bulk powders at this point.

#6 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:50 AM

When I was a teenager I went through a phase in which I used to steal pills from my folks all the time. Do you have any children, or room-mates, Proteus?

#7 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:18 PM

Pete, that sounds kind of fair but is not what I would consider first rate service. The reason you gave for charging what you do was that you gave such excellent service. Making people take their own time to wrap, package and send a faulty product back, is making them do the work to make up for your error. Top drawer companies do not put their customers through that nor imply that they were lying. I would be very surprised if that customer didn't look elsewhere for his next order.

#8 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:50 AM

This is my first time ordering from relentlessimprovement.com and it didn't turn out so well. I ordered a 40 cap bottle of oxiracetam(unique nutrition brand) and it had no seal inside or outside. Since there was no seal I decided to count the capsules and there were only 37 instead of 40. I have ordered directly from unique nutrition before and haven't had this problem. I'm assuming it's possible my bottle was tinkered with after it left Unique Nutrition since they are the supplier. I think it's bad enough that there is potential contamination from metals. A representative from relentlessimprovement.com mentioned to me that some of their suppliers have decided to do away with one of the seals. Whatever the case may be, have any of you had similar experiences with lack of quality seals?

We check every shipment prior to sending for problems if you ever receive a defective bottle call us and we will replace it for free even if you did not buy it from us directly. Never use an unsealed bottle its not worth the risk. Unlike other suppliers we offer a 100% return policy because unless your 100% satisfied either are we.

Sincerely Steve Sliwa
President
Unique Nutrition

#9 proteuszx

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:47 PM

Thank you for your replies. I am the one that recieved the bottle from the delivery man so nobody else's hands were on it but mine. I am an understanding invidual and have had my fair share of experience in customer service. I have learned that most companies simply try to shut your mouth by giving you NOT the best solution to the problem but the one that is most convinient for them, which is usually the quickest and simplest. When it comes to the quality of health products or anything the customer will be putting into his/her body, I think it only makes sense for the customer to be ruthless and unforgiving. Had my product been some form of hardware I would have been very cooperative and would have simply sent it back and waited for the replacement. Or even if it was the wrong prodcut I would have been more cooperative. I don't think one can claim they've bent over backwards for you and broken the rules to keep you satisfied when they know they are simply following procedures. Knowing I wasn't satisfied the representative can easily swollow his own words. I will no longer order from relentlessimprovement.com not for the dissatisfaction of my product but for the dissastifaction of their customer service. I normally order directly from Unique Nutrition but this time I didn't do so because I wanted to experiment with different companies. Although the product is of Unique Nutrition brand I have NEVER had any problems with their products before so I apologize for even mentioning their name as I now see it was unnecessary. I agree with Pete that you can't simply send out free replacement products based on a verbal statement because it is not good for business. Given certain conditions I dont see why it is impossible all together. Conditions such as a first time customer, dollar amount purchased, and quantity. I was a first time customer, only ordered one bottle, and my order wasn't even over $50. All that is needed is merely an assesment of the possible losses to determine a free replacement without any further interaction required from the customer. In most cases I believe a company has more to lose by falling short of satisfying a first time customer.

P.S. I am aware that sometimes the seal sticks to the top of the lid but this was not the case.

Sincerely

ProteusZX

Edited by proteuszx, 04 November 2005 - 11:20 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:21 AM

I was a first time customer, only ordered one bottle, and my order wasn't even over $50.

That's interesting. So, then, would you consider those conditions to be more deserving to get free replacement products based on a verbal statement than a customer that's placed scores of orders, ordering dozens of bottles with orders of over $500?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users