Photo
- - - - -

Need Alternative to Ambien

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bixa525

• 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 03:44 AM

I have been taking the prescription drug Ambien for the last 6 months now for insomnia. I work night shift and find that without this drug I can not fall to sleep during the day after I get off of work. I toss and turn for hours without the Ambien. My dilema is I would like to find something else instead of the Ambien but the Ambien really works for me. I don't want to have to rely on this drug forever but I also value a good 8 hours of decent sleep. Is there another option that would be more healthy? I believe I tried melatonin before and it didn't work but maybe I didn't take the right dosage. Any help would sure be appreciated.

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:07 PM

natures plus - sleep assure

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 bixa525

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:35 PM

Well ajnast4r you haven't steered me wrong yet. Do you feel this Sleep Assure's ingredients are safe and do you think it would be effective for me? My husband and I are both taking the fish oil you recommended and so far it is going great. We freeze the fish oil caps and this way we don't get any fish burps. Do you think this does anything to the integrity of the product? My mom asked me this and I really didn't know the anwser I just know it keeps the fish burps at bay. Thanks for any help you can offer...Bixa

#4 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:44 PM

i dont know if that effects the integrity or not to be honest...i dont think freezing and cooking fish itself does, so my guess is no...

yea they should be safe, its basically just melatonin and P5P... and its pretty cheap, so its worth a shot. if it doesnt work, let me know and we can talk about some other things.

another suggestion is that you pick up a habbit of meditation before bed... once you get the hang of it u will actually be calming the mind and slowing your brain waves... which will result in getting to sleep faster, and getting into a deeper sleep state faster.

i notice that when i meditate before bed, i fall asleep ALOT faster and i sleep ALOT deeper. so even if i meditate then sleep 6 hours, i wake up more refreshed than NOT meditating and sleeping 8 hours.

#5 bixa525

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:27 AM

I don't mean to sound stupid but how does one meditate? Quite honestly I know nothing about it but I am interested if it will help me sleep. I ordered the sleep assure from vitaglo, they had the best prices so I'll let you know how I make out with it. Thanks...Bixa

#6 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:05 PM

I don't mean to sound stupid but how does one meditate?

this is a great method... its very effective. as with anything practice makes perfect, dont expect it to work the 1st time. success with meditation comes through repetition.

http://www.ananda.or.../technique.html

do let me know how the sleep-assure works... if it DOESNT, PM me and we'll figure something else out...

#7 bixa525

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:35 PM

The sleep assure is working great so far. I am going to stay with it. I think I can kick the ambien habit. Is the sleep assure something I can stay on long term?
Thanks for al your help.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:48 PM

im glad its working out for you... [lol]

you could use tryptophan to regulate your sleep cycle, as it converts to melatonin(main ingredient in sleep-assure)... if you have the money

i think your goal should be to be able to sleep without needing to take pills...meditating before bed is going to be key in achieving this... reading before bed helps... going to bed with an empty stomach helps too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users