$1Million Donated to Methuselah Mouse Prize

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 manofsan

• 1,223 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:15 AM

Here's some good news!

http://www.betterhum...50/Default.aspx

Wow, this is awesome! Aging is a bigger challenge of our times than going back to the Moon, imho. Yes, walking on the moon would be a thrill, but dying of old-age would really bum me out more.

I had to chuckle at the comment about Aubrey being regarded as an eccentric. No offense to Aubrey, as I am a fan, but I really wish he would lose the beard, because it makes him look like the Unabomber. Since he is now the Face of the Anti-Aging movement (no pun intended) he needs to keep in sync with the needs of marketing to the mainstream.

Perhaps he could auction off the beard to the highest bidder, as part of a Methuselah fund-raising event. This could be a symbolic shedding of the aged look in favour of the youthful clean-shaven look. Heh, just a harmless suggestion, hope nobody minds. ;)

#2 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:09 AM

[sick] [sick] [sick] Woah, this is by far the most miserable thing I have heard from an immortalist [sick] [sick] [sick]

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:47 AM

Hehe, Susan made a similar comment at the recent conference, albeit jokingly, about shaving Aubrey and putting him in a suit.

I for one DO NOT want to see this ever happen. I like Aubrey and his beard. [lol]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users