- - - - -

DHEA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:20 PM

Topic, just as stated in the title. It is on sale at my local vitamin store, and I thought I would try it. I was wondering...since it becomes testosterone once ingested, does it work like a steroid? Is it analogous to HRT? I know it has been sold for a long time. It seems safe except for warnings about prostrate health. Does it need to be taken with anything else? Or is it just reccomended to be taken with something else? Is it useless or does it contribute to overall health, mood, and bone density...etc? Are there any other legal supps that replace declining hormone levels? (other than the real hormones, that is)

#2 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:55 PM

Anyway, I was thinking of trying it because I am getting into my mid-thirties and I can feel the effects of my declining testosterone. This is a normal decline that happens in all males, but I don't like it. Along with this, my joints are not as "tough" as they used to be. I just can't play sports as intensely as I used to. My shoulders are developing some soreness that prevents me from lifting weights. Anyway, I was thinking I could try some joint stuff (glucosamine,chondroitin, and microlacthin) along with the DHEA to try and keep my edge for another couple years, until better things come along.

Any comments? Is there something better to try?

Or should I just accept my declining abilities (err...that would be dumb, why would an immortalist accept aging...lol)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:58 AM

1. not simple short answer.

2. mid 30s reasonable to try.

3. Get your hormone levels measured (see lef.org) before and after as you don't know that it will elevate test, or estrogen, etc.

4. If taking orally take NAC for liver support.

5. For joints, glucosamine/chondroiten/MSM, etc are better.

6. micronised is best oral form. don't buy any cheap brand just because on sale.

7. If you aren't doing basics e.g. few grams of vit c, B vits, vit e complex, fish oil, etc I would rate them as being more important.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 haveblue

• 66 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:43 AM

What he said plus you might try some OptiZinc. LEF also has all the info on that and its correlation with health and hormones. I use the NOW brand optizinc, which is good and fairly inexpensive, 60mg/day.

http://search.lef.or...tosterone zinc
http://www.lef.org/m...dropause_02.htm
http://www.lef.org/m...dropause_03.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users