Photo
- - - - -

Supplements

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 timmusi

• 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:15 PM

Since Carnosine is a dipeptide made up of Beta-alanine and L-Hisitidine, could one receive
the same benefits by supplmenting with Beta-alanine and L-Histidine?

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:06 PM

I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think so.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ageless

• 219 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:51 PM

Yes. Actually I read some good research suggesting supplementing with Beta-alanine and L-Histidine may work better. I know in the sports nutrition world companies like MAN Sports and others have been releasing products to act as lactic acid buffers with beta-alanine included. Some research shows improved performance and increased muscle carnosine esp. in fast twitch fibers where carnosine is found.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 trh001

• 119 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:44 AM

I don't have the reference at my fingertips, but yes, L-His has been cited as raising L-Carnosine levels, and the converse is true as well. There seems to be a family of related Histidine peptides at issue, here, all of which are viewed with increasing importance. See the link below to a discussion.

6) Anti-crosslinking properties of carnosine: significance of histidine.
Life Sci. 2004 Jul 30;75(11):1379-89.
PMID: 15234195

7) Histidine and carnosine delay diabetic deterioration in mice and protect human low density lipoprotein against oxidation and glycation. Eur J Pharmacol. 2005 Apr 18;513(1-2):145-50. Epub 2005 Apr 2.
PMID: 15878720

http://www.imminst.o...t=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users