• 94 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:42 PM

How are you compared to 3 years ago? ;)

#2 bryanfromvan

• 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:09 PM

Are they all dead?  :unsure:

• Cheerful x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Edgar

• 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:50 AM

I've been taking it every 30-60 days for the past 5 years, and doing so has not yet removed me from the gene pool.  I've never had any reason to trust vendor supplied c60OO though; I've always made my own to ensure I know exactly what went into it - and for just that reason my last couple batches have been with MCT, per one of Turnbuckle's recipes.  I've had trouble getting suitably fresh/trustworthy Olive Oil.

#4 bryanfromvan

• 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:31 AM

Thanks Edgar. How much do you take when you do take it?
And is making it as simple as buying some C60, putting it in MCT oil and magnetically stirring it in  a dark place for 2 weeks?

Somehow I would think this has been covered in these forums but it's a noise to signal issue finding this info.

• Informative x 1

#5 Edgar

• 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

Yes, that's pretty much it.  I use a wide-mouth mason jar that has a nice flat bottom to keep the stir bar stable, and keep it wrapped in foil.  When done I transfer to cleaned olive oil bottle, wrap in foil, and refrigerate.  When I want to use some I pull it out for an hour or so to let it desolidify.

My last batch:

250 ml MCT oil

125 mg C60 99.95%

525mg Olive leaf extract (hydroxytyrosol 16%)

900 IU Gamma E

Result was a very nice bluish purple, and pleasant nutty flavor.  My dose is usually about a tablespoon which contains roughly 15mg C60.

#6 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

My wife, cat, and I have been taking home-brew c60 since May 2012 and compared to then... we're all 5 years older.  Can't say my health has dramatically improved but I think it's better.  I get sick less often so I think my immune system is in better shape. During that period my hair turned grey as expected for my age (66) but I seem to have developed a higher tolerance for alcohol. I follow the Baati procedures for making it except for the centrifuge step.  In the past few months I've been making it with high-oleic safflower oil and am right now mixing a new batch with high-oleic sunflower but used olive oil before that.  With olive oil I was mixing 800 mg/l of c60 but with the higher-oleic oils I seem to be getting a similar residue in the 22 micron Autofil  filters that I use mixing 2 g/l so I think I'm getting around double the concentration.  But I'll probably go back to olive oil in my next batch.  For most of the last 5 years I was drinking a 45 ml jigger every 2 weeks but since switching oils my wife and I have been taking it mixed with Good Seasons Salad Dressing... not sure of the dosage but seem to be going through more oil that way.  Might be boosting the bio-availability a bit too seasoning the mix with balsamic vinegar, piperine, and naga bhut jolokia. 

Howard

#7 bryanfromvan

• 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Thanks Howard. How is your sight? My medical issue is macular degeneration. As C60 degrades surrounding material under light, I've determined that it isn't safe for me to consume for healing this particular problem as the eyes are almost always flooded with light. I also noticed quite a few people commenting on blurry eyesight from the C60 so that tipped the scales.

#8 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

I tend to get new glasses every 2 years and have been testing with slight but steady decreases in prescription strength in each of my last 3 rounds. I don't attribute that to c60, however. More likely the fact that I started out pretty nearsighted and in later years (past 55) am probably tending to get more far-sighted with age. Hopefully that tendency will keep cancelling out the near-sighted for a while instead of my becoming both near- and far-sighted which I understand might happen.  Regarding MD, my dad developed that in his mid 80's so I started supplementing with Lutein and Zeaxanthin since then (about 15 years ago when I was 50) as suggested by AREDS research. Perhaps that's helping improve general eye health a little too.

Howard

Edited by hav, 06 November 2017 - 05:25 PM.

#9 andprosper

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Thanks Edgar and hav.

Sounds it's 'steady as she goes' for you, your wife and cat, hav.

Edgar, have found that the effects have changed over time - or do you still get pretty much the same effect every time you take it monthly? Does it 'wear off' at the same rate as it did when you first started to take it? Do you notice a difference with the MCT oil?

thanks

#10 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

I've taken C60 over 2 years now. The first year I took it daily at first, and at least 2-3 times a week afterwards. 

The most notable thing was.. the first day I doubled the dose.. split between the day and night. 

The very first morning when I awoke, I felt like a 16 year old kid. I just laid there breathing and feeling great. 

Still today, just taking a nap makes me feel like this. 

Now I do not get much of a buzz drinking alcohol anymore either.  Maybe the C-60 improved my liver functions? 

I don't take C60 as often now.. maybe once every 4-6 weeks..

My skin and health have improved over the last few years from supplements for sure.  In the last couple of months I have had several strangers even remark about how great my skin appears. It is very pink and glowing.  There is only some slight wrinkles on my forehead. 

The supplement I have taken the highest doses of in the last year are Systemic Enzymes. I had a blood clot behind my left knee one year ago.  So I decided to increase my dosage of systemic enzymes to a daily event. I also drink a lot of Magnesium Bicarbonate Water every day. If I awake at night and I am thirsty, this is what I drink.

I've tried sleeping when tired, without any clock to awaken me. The odd thing is the wild difference over time for how much and how often I sleep. When I awaken, often I can not tell exactly how long I've slept. 

Recently I've added Liposomal Glutathione, Liposomal B Vitamins, Liposomal Vitamin C, a Supergreen food, and SOD. 

Despite having a Police SUV T-bone my truck in the side a year ago November, giving me whiplash from my neck to my tailbone, I feel great otherwise.  Even though I have not been able to exercise in the last year, I feel wonderful, disregarding the joint pains.  

The only other supplements I have ever taken which gave me such a sudden awesome feeling was Methyl B-12 and MSM-Sulfur, which I was deficient in. Having lead poison 6 years ago, I was at the bottom of the chart for B-12 & Vitamin D. 

I've about run out of things to try to improve my health and especially those that may make me feel great. I'll keep looking and experimenting however. 

• Informative x 1

#11 Authentic

• 97 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

My dog and I have been taking C60 orally every week for 3+ years.   We make it ourselves using the standard method and a high quality OO from Spain.  Interesting to me is that the better OO's (from my friend's farm) turn dark reddish brown in the final product.  It's not the stirring - I tested doing the whole process except not adding C60 and the oil stayed the same color.  It's how it reacts to the C60 particles that turns it this dark reddish brown.  

Cheaper OO's have not turned this color for me, they stayed a lighter shade of reddish brown and were much more translucent.  I have no idea if this is good or bad, just an observation.

I use C60 OO on my face at least once a week, on top of micronized retinA. It seems to promote collagen very nicely and I look great.

Health-wise My dog and I are doing wonderfully but we are still aging.  We're both graying.  No new health concerns at all, just wish we could truly put a total pause on the aging button.

Edited by Authentic, 19 January 2018 - 05:09 PM.

• Informative x 1

#12 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

I initially started in 2014 IIRC, used for about 1.5 years

Then took an ~2 year break.

You can follow my new consumption on my restart thread

#13 Rupe

• 13 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:06 AM

I'm at the 6year-ish mark, and still feel great. In fact probably far better than I did 6 years ago. I work at a company that has been developing products with C60 components, so I've had access to an ample supply and pretty much any configuration I could dream up, e.g. MCT, EVOO, Fish oil, etc.
I generally use about 30mgs a day. So, if there were any detrimental effects, I'd be the canary in the coal mine.
  • Informative x 4

#14 Nuke

• 125 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:21 AM

I have been using it since 2015-03, most of the time at 5mg a week. Also make it myself and keep it in the dark(flask is painted black) 

Did a blood test earlier in the year, and liver function is good. Not that it says much, as I take many things.

Gamma-GT 14 (<60 U/l)

ALT 22 (<50 U/l)

AST 29 (<38 U/l)

• Informative x 1

#15 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

Hello! I have taken it since probably 2013. I have been mega dosing all that period. My last two years dosing has been 2 doses per week at 37.5mg C60 per dose. So basically I am taking 75mg C60 per week.

• Informative x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#16 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:07 PM

mait,

That's a lot. Care to comment on the effects over 5 years? How have you aged? 

Edited by ambivalent, 25 July 2018 - 12:07 PM.

#17 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:54 AM

For the long term users what benefits have you noticed that you can specifically pinpoint the c60 causing? Thanks

#18 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:18 AM

C60 definitely healed some scars I had on my toenails since they were operated ~27 years ago. The nails were deformed and one had a sometimes nasty split/crack in it. C60 healed that in a few months. 

#19 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:12 PM

Thanks Howard. How is your sight? My medical issue is macular degeneration. As C60 degrades surrounding material under light, I've determined that it isn't safe for me to consume for healing this particular problem as the eyes are almost always flooded with light. I also noticed quite a few people commenting on blurry eyesight from the C60 so that tipped the scales.

I will cover two points. One about eyesight and another about my experience with C60, since August 2012.

Addressing macular degeneration, you might consider n-acetylcarnosine eye drips. The patented version of it sold on Amazon, called Can-C, has some publication about this at https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19487926. I would look for more data if I had macular degeneration.

I began to use Can-C just as a protective anti-aging antioxidant for my eyes. I had no idea that n-acetylcarnosine would improve my vision so much immediately that within minutes of my first use I could read the newspaper without using my glasses.

Briefly, I had extremely precise vision that measured better than 20/20 when I was young. it was 10/15 vision. At 41 I began to experience a loss of far vision so that I required glasses. Within a year my close vision was also degenerating.

At its worse, my right eye was 1.75 (sphere) and my left was 1.50.

A month after the Can-C drops improved my eyesight I had my optometrist check my eyes. In one month they had each improved by 0.50.

Over the course of the next two years, they now measure 0.25 and 0.50. I continue to use the eye drops hoping to eventually not need glasses.

One note is that because Can-C is the original patented product the manufacturer has what's called MAP pricing, so one cannot buy it for less than about $30. A company that I know to be science-based, Relentless Improvement is making the same formula for $22.99 on Amazon, but an even better price is available on Amazon from Life Extension as a product called Brite Eyes for $20.10.

Also, I have taken C60oo 7 mg almost daily since August 2012. It apparently has diminished wrinkles enough that friends have told me that, without prompting. My hair color is several shades darker with a return of some brown color. This is rather startling. I note that I took a homebrew product for about six months and when I returned to try the C60oo from https://carbon60oliveoil.com/shop/ to compare its effects to my homebrew product my hair quickly got thicker and darker. (It had thinned noticeably after a few months of taking my homebrew product and not taking the carbon60oliveoil product.)

I also noticed an improvement in mood and energy/endurance. Another thing about C60oo is that it greatly inhibits the effects of alcohol. It's quite difficult to consume enough alcohol to get the warm socializing "buzz" that a couple of glasses of wine produced before I began consuming C60.

I thought that I had done everything correctly to make my homebrew product with an organic extra virgin olive oil that has the highest polyphenol count of any product that is available (by De Carlo), using a magnetic stirrer for almost three weeks in the dark, but it didn't turn a rosy color and apparently was not as effective as the product I buy from https://carbon60oliveoil.com/shop/.

The C60 didn't appear to have any effect on my vision.

Edited by mikey, 28 August 2018 - 06:17 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#20 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the update, Mikey. Very informative.

#21 john1960

• 42 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:45 PM

Yes, that's pretty much it.  I use a wide-mouth mason jar that has a nice flat bottom to keep the stir bar stable, and keep it wrapped in foil.  When done I transfer to cleaned olive oil bottle, wrap in foil, and refrigerate.  When I want to use some I pull it out for an hour or so to let it desolidify.

My last batch:

250 ml MCT oil

125 mg C60 99.95%

525mg Olive leaf extract (hydroxytyrosol 16%)

900 IU Gamma E

Result was a very nice bluish purple, and pleasant nutty flavor.  My dose is usually about a tablespoon which contains roughly 15mg C60.

Hey Edgar, any noticeable side effects from taking it this long?

#22 john1960

• 42 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

Also, anyone taking c60 long term on here noticed negative eyesight effects?

thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users