• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Please help a newcomer help the cause

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tenaya

• 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:27 AM

Hello friends and allies,

I am a freshman-year college student who is still very green in the subject of research that could prevent inevitable death. However, this subject is one that I have quietly felt very passionate about throughout my entire life, and I’m very glad to find such a resourceful, thriving community here. I went to college in the hopes that I could personally contribute to the efforts of this research, but am having difficulty knowing where to begin. Having completed most of my liberal education I am already being faced with the decision of which path to take. At first I thought I would be aiming for a bachelor degree in biological science, but now I’m considering a bachelor degree in biomedical engineering.

Can anyone give me advice? Is there a field of research that currently seems most promising in yielding results soon? What career would be most helpful within the next few years? What bachelor degree would I need to pursue it? (I will eventually be working toward a Master’s degree, then a Ph.D.) Any recommended colleges? I’m currently planning on transferring to the University of Minnesota. My natural talents are in biology, reading, writing, and ethical philosophy, but I am willing to learn whatever I must for the sake of this cause.

I apologize for failing to spend more time looking for the answers on my own before asking this question, but I’m very busy with my current classes, and I hope my desire to not waste the next semester on indecisiveness will be understood by those who are also racing against time. The advise of individuals who are already involved with research would be especially appreciated, but I could definitely also use the advice of anyone who is more up-to-date than myself with articles and books on anti-aging/reverse-aging research being done by others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users