Health Freedom Protection Act, Rep. Ron Paul - FDA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:07 PM

For those of you who have not seen it at avant:

http://www.lewrockwe...ul/paul288.html

Why we need more libertarians in congress.

I love Ron Paul. He is basically the only libertarian left in the federal government.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:07 PM

I also like Ron Paul. I am glad to see at least one politician standing up for free information and access. Most of them only want one thing: control, control, control...etc.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 scottl

• Topic Starter
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:52 PM

Apparently it is:

H.R. 2352:

http://www.govtrack....?bill=h109-2352

Official Title: To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to ensure that health claims for foods and dietary supplements include accurate statements of the curative, mitigation, treatment, and prevention effects of nutrients on disease or health-related conditions, and for other purposes.

#4 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:19 AM

I already wrote and got a letter back from my Representative.

• Lurker

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:01 AM

Why we need more libertarians in congress.

I'm familiar with Rep. Ron Paul and his consistently libertarian stance. I would also prefer to see more libertarians in congress, their emphasis on ideological consistency may prove useful to non-libertarian and libertarian transhumanists alike.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:19 AM

just deleted a post relating to this which I realized you'd already posted, Scottl... thanks.

I'm glad this is being introduced. However, we need to be ever vigilant as big pharm is continuing to get repressive measures introduced. For a complete listing of what's up impacting our rights to choose supplements check out:
http://www.saveoursu...r_policies.html

We are in a dangerously repressive time and the push to eliminate our hard fought rights/access to supplements should get more attention lest we loose what we have.

by the way, how do you delete a topic??? I was able to delete my second post but not the first.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users