Amphetamine microdose sensitizes the dopamine system

anhedonia amphetamine

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Clavius

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

Sorry, not trying to hijack this topic. I've been recently diagnosed with autism + add. Never in my 40 years alive have I tried dopaminergic stimulants, but this is now something my psychiatrist is considering. I've been reluctant myself, but now I got confirmation from a commercial DNA testing service and I've got he gene that confirm my possible low dopamine level.

So, with the above topic in mind: would this microdosing be an even better option for me?

#32 stefdude

• 46 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:32 AM

Sorry, not trying to hijack this topic. I've been recently diagnosed with autism + add. Never in my 40 years alive have I tried dopaminergic stimulants, but this is now something my psychiatrist is considering. I've been reluctant myself, but now I got confirmation from a commercial DNA testing service and I've got he gene that confirm my possible low dopamine level.

So, with the above topic in mind: would this microdosing be an even better option for me?

The problem with microdosing is that you don't know how long will it last, in my case it lasts 1 month or slightly less, but it could last more in other cases.I don't know if/how you can reverse it.

The DRD2 gene (if that's the one you mention) is related to lower d2 receptor density.I believe it worths a shot if you understand the risks, it may make those few receptor more efficient and you'd avoid potential tolerance issues from taking full doses of amphetamines.Maybe take 3 days microdosing, and take 2 days break to gauge the sensitivity before you continue.When you think it's enough, stop.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 MankindRising

• 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:12 PM

Anyone actually doing this? Also would would this apply to re-uptake inhibitors such as methylphenidate or only to release agents such as dexamph/amph as those hit TAAR1, but methylphenidate doesnt?

@John

Werent you looking to make dopamine signalling more efficient? Might be worth a shot this and report back.

Edited by MankindRising, 25 February 2019 - 08:13 PM.

#34 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:03 AM

Anyone actually doing this? Also would would this apply to re-uptake inhibitors such as methylphenidate or only to release agents such as dexamph/amph as those hit TAAR1, but methylphenidate doesnt?

@John
Werent you looking to make dopamine signalling more efficient? Might be worth a shot this and report back.

I tried it for a few days but couldn’t handle it I was too tired and didn’t notice much at all from it.

#35 MankindRising

• 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:04 AM

I tried it for a few days but couldn’t handle it I was too tired and didn’t notice much at all from it.

I see, I thought so much.

AFAIK only a bunch of rat studies showed it worked like this and the same effect (through pre-conditioning) doesnt work in humans.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#36 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:13 PM

i started microdosing yesterday, because my existing stack was not good enough and started slipping into low energy and doubting myself. i'm taking about 1/10 - 1/16 dose of a prescription tablet a day in AM and clearly feel mild stimulation and improvement in emotions and self-esteem. thinking and talking is more effortless. to be fair, i'm almost amph naive, if someone used them for a while, could be a different story.

BTW, the stim effect wears out by the bedtime and no problems with sleeping. i'm not sure if this is "sensitization" or I'm just very sensitive to low dose stimulants.

Edited by jack black, 07 March 2019 - 03:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users