- - - - -

Deprenyl & 5-HTP & L-Tyrosine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zorblart

• 20 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

Hi all,

Currently i am taking 1000mg of L-Tyrosine/day (in divided doses and before meals etc etc)
In addition, i take 50mg 5-HTP in the mornings with my first dose of L-Tyrosine.

This has been successful in helping to address symptoms of depression/anxiety.

My order of Deprenyl is on its way, and I intend on using it primarily for nootropic/libido benefits. To this end i will be taking 2.5mg/day for the first week, then 2.5mg/every other day and stick with that dose a while.

At such low dosage levels of Deprenyl there will be no MAO-A inhibition, so I should be okay with a 'natural' seratonin supplement like 5-HTP right?
And im thinking that L-Tyrosine will (positively) potentiate the MAO-B inhibitory effects of the Deprenyl. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,
zorblart

#2 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

You will be safe with such doses, but i suggest you take 5-HTP before bed (search older threads here for more info).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jegrx

• 55 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

I had a bad reaction to 5mg of deprenyl the first, and only time taking it, when I used L-tyrosine about 8 hours previously. Profuse sweating, skin flushing, a little light-headed, intense "burning up" feeling. All signs of a sky rocketing BP. Be careful with that.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 mewild

• 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:40 AM

I had a bad reaction to 5mg of deprenyl the first, and only time taking it, when I used L-tyrosine about 8 hours previously. Profuse sweating, skin flushing, a little light-headed, intense "burning up" feeling. All signs of a sky rocketing BP. Be careful with that.

Try starting with 1mg/day and after a week or so increase it to 2.5/day. I had increased BP the first time I took dep but I'm ok now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users