- - - - -

Really could use some help with tight muscles

tightness

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:32 PM

What can i do to relax my muscles? I get neck pain, i can feel the muscles there being tight. TMI, but even my anus seems to be contracted all the time, giving me defecation problems and groin pain.

I think this is related to anxiety (GAD). Could nicotine / caffeine abuse also be in the picture?

NSAIDs are useless. The only thing to give me relief is a moderate dosis of alcohol, but this will lead me down the alcoholism path.

Exercise causes increased pain.

This needs to end finally.

#2 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:18 PM

Magnesium:

1. Better sleep - The sleep regulating hormone melatonin is disturbed when Magnesium is deficient. Furthermore, Magnesium brings balance and controls stress hormones. Stress and tension are often reasons why people suffer from insomnia in the first place.

"I think this is related to anxiety (GAD). Could nicotine / caffeine abuse also be in the picture?"....

2. Relaxes the nervous system - Serotonin, which relaxes the nervous system and elevates mood, is dependent on Magnesium.

"Exercise causes increased pain."....

3. Bigger, stronger muscles - Magnesium allows the body to produce more Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1), which is a major contributor to the growth and strength of muscles. Furthermore, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the cell's energy store, and is created with help from Magnesium.

"What can i do to relax my muscles? I get neck pain, i can feel the muscles there being tight.".....

4. Better flexibility - Magnesium loosens tight muscles. Without Magnesium, muscles do not relax properly and cramps occur. Magnesium is important for flexibility, because low Magnesium results in a buildup of lactic acid, causing pain and tightness.

5. Bone integrity and strength - Magnesium helps to fix calcium properly. It may blow some people's mind that the calcium supplements they're taking are not only useless, but are actually contributing to osteoporosis! There are actually about eighteen essential nutrients that contribute to bone health; Magnesium is definitely one of the most essential, because it stimulates a particular hormone called calcitonin. And, it also suppresses a hormone called parathyroid that breaks down bone.

6. Remineralizes teeth - Magnesium deficiency causes an unhealthy balance of phosphorous and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth.

7. Alkalizes the body - Magnesium helps return the body’s pH balance. Magnesium reduces lactic acid, which is partly responsible for post-exercise pain (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).

8. Hydrates - Magnesium is a necessary electrolyte essential for proper hydration.

...."TMI, but even my anus seems to be contracted all the time, giving me defecation problems and groin pain."

9. Helps to relieve constipation - Magnesium can be used to cleanse the bowels of toxins.

10. Enzyme function - Enzymes are protein molecules that stimulate every chemical reaction in the body. Magnesium is required to make hundreds of these enzymes work and assists with thousands of others.

11. Diabetes - Magnesium enhances insulin secretion, which facilitates sugar metabolism. Without Magnesium, glucose is not able to transfer into cells. Glucose and insulin build up in the blood, causing various types of tissue damage, including the nerves in the eyes.

There are many other benefits of Magnesium: It helps prevent stroke, heart disease, period pain, and more. You can check out my website for further information on Magnesium and how exactly to increase magnesium levels effectively.

MY FAVORITE:
Dr. Best High Absorption Magnesium 100mg Elemental
DRB-00025_High_Absorption_Magnesium_120t

Attached Files

Edited by Mr. Psychillogical, 12 April 2016 - 01:29 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:51 PM

Agree with Mg supplementation. I would advise "magnesium oil" used topically. It's not a true oil, just a saturated solution of water and Mag chloride. I've used every oral form of Mg and the topical oil blows them away as far as noticeable relaxation and positive effects on sleep, anxiety etc.

Some potassium supplementation would also likely help. Stay within the recommended dosages. Potassium bicarbonate is my personal favorite for relaxation.

#4 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

I find good ol' epsom salt baths to work.

If you are looking for a pharmaceutical fix then Baclofen is something you might want to talk with your Dr. about.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2022 - 10:09 PM

i can feel the muscles there being tight. TMI, but even my anus seems to be contracted all the time, giving me defecation problems and groin pain. far of connected discuss

collagen your lips and anus are made of it and private parts similar materials.

Edited by kurdishfella, 21 May 2022 - 10:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users