Photo
- - - - -

Video of Dr. Aubrey de Grey

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:23 AM

Dr. Aubrey de Grey's presentation at the Life Extension Conference is now available in all its glory at the following locations:

H.264 Quicktime format - 182mb - Also available at blip.tv.
Windows Media - 144mb
.MP3 - 27mb - Audio only

It is recommended that you choose to "Save" the files rather than stream them online, as they are rather large.

You can also stream the video online on Google.

If you have any problems viewing the videos, please let me know. I can pretty much make these available in any format but I did quite a lot of trial and error to ensure the powerpoints are readable. (Not all compression formats work very well when it comes to displaying words on still pictures.)

Edited by JMorgan, 17 May 2006 - 07:20 PM.

#2 omnidoom

• 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:07 AM

That has to be the best one yet.
If anyone has this footage in an uncompressed format, would they concider sharing with me?
I wish to piece together a compilation of his various talks with some footage I have, (Also to share)
I think more web based film dissemination would be a good thing.
Especially now he is on Facebook -
Yep, would be glad to hear from you
Soren

Dr. Aubrey de Grey's presentation at the Life Extension Conference is now available in all its glory at the following locations:

H.264 Quicktime format - 182mb - Also available at blip.tv.
Windows Media - 144mb
.MP3 - 27mb - Audio only

It is recommended that you choose to "Save" the files rather than stream them online, as they are rather large.

You can also stream the video online on Google.

If you have any problems viewing the videos, please let me know. I can pretty much make these available in any format but I did quite a lot of trial and error to ensure the powerpoints are readable. (Not all compression formats work very well when it comes to displaying words on still pictures.)

#3 JMorgan

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:54 AM

That has to be the best one yet.
If anyone has this footage in an uncompressed format, would they concider sharing with me?
I wish to piece together a compilation of his various talks with some footage I have, (Also to share)
I think more web based film dissemination would be a good thing.
Especially now he is on Facebook -
Yep, would be glad to hear from you
Soren

I still have the footage of all the presentations for the Atlanta conference, including clips that I never released. How I'd get you uncompressed copies is up to you (13 gigs per hour of footage).

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 omnidoom

• 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:12 AM

I still have the footage of all the presentations for the Atlanta conference, including clips that I never released. How I'd get you uncompressed copies is up to you (13 gigs per hour of footage).
[/quote]

You have been working hard indeed sir, - though I now think on reflection I can easily use compressed footage downloaded, - what was I thinking... Yes, this would be fantastic.
I really have to get myself over the pond more often for these conferences ...
I say now, I only have the one film of Aubrey speaking, in a museum, one on one, its hardly a fair trade come to think of it but Im happy to post a mini DV tape your way if you think you can use it?
You know I think I could get what I need from the link, or as I say, anything divx'd.

Perhaps I could trade you by filming subsiquent events taking place in the UK which might be of interest to you and ImmInst?
We have a number of interesting seminars on nano medicine,
Let me know, but I am most gratefull for the above link!
We definately need to get more rich people excited right about now -
Cheers
Soren

• Lurker

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

Aubrey de Grey is a dr. of "philosophy"??!?!?!?! I'm sorry but how can this guy be anything more than a showman?

#6 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

PhD is an academic title, but one needs to be an expert in a field to get one. The "Ph" stands for philosophy, but one can have a PhD in (say) genetics.

Edited by QJones, 25 May 2008 - 10:05 PM.

• Lurker

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

yikes, how embarrassing. Well, it's about time I learned that, I wont be making that mistake again.

#8 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

Is Aubrey still active on this forum?

#9 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:03 AM

He chimes in every once in awhile on something, but he is too busy with other stuff to be around as much as he used to.
Here is his member profile: http://www.imminst.o...ofile-m899.html

#10 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:31 PM

apparently he has way too much useful stuff to do instead of wandering around making posts around here... i should follow his example sometimes :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users