• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

4F-MPH, best antidepressant I have ever tried to date. (group buy?)

antidepressant default mode network adhd add-pi nootropic

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#1 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:59 PM

I think everyone knows by now that Ritalin was originally created as an antidepressant; but, due to abuse potential it was schedule and then designated as an ADHD med.

I have anhedonic depression paired with a very strong ADD-PI, which often leaves me self perpetuating ruminative thought loop as to why I can't be like other people and simply get things done in my life. I have tried IR Ritalin in the past and it has too much of an effect on norepinephrine and I just become dysphoric and somewhat paranoid. However 4F-MPH is literally a game changer. It's the most effective antidepressant I have tried and isn't compulsive due to it's slow but almost euphoric peak and gradual comedown.  This is one research chemical I want to keep for the rest of my life, that's how effective it is for me. The DAT activity overpowers any NA reuptake and puts you in a very "zen" mindset. My default mode network turns from self pity and melancholy to a much more active and attentive one (prefrontal strengthening/activating). It also calms me down paradoxically as do most amphetamines do for children with ADHD. I've been taking it for the past two weeks at 10 mg once a day and haven't developed any significant tolerance (I take it along Zinc to boost effectiveness). I also don't wake up "needing" the compound to function nor craving it; but, since it has great utility for me, I'd rather take it and be awake and attentive rather than depressed, self critical, and ruminating about introspective personal shortcomings. It allows me to take action and plan ahead as to what to do and how to do it instead of ruminate over stupid shit. 

As far as neurotoxicity, I don't think there is much of concern in that regards. I always take stuff like ALCAR, Bacopa, and other neuroprotective compound that would negate any such potential effects and will soon add Selegiline in minute doses for enhancing when I need to study most. God forbid anything beyond 1.25 mg otherwise that's psychosis guaranteed. 

I also find the compound has nootropic effects besides its slow onset of action, gradual peak, and slow and steady elimination half life. It's like Concerta; but, 3x more effective and MUCH cheaper. 

I'm wondering if any other members have had experience with this compound and have the discipline to participate in a group buy for it. 

I'd be interested in a largish group buy for it.

If interest, disciplined, and responsible just post here about the amount you would be interested in.

For eg. a group buy for 100g with 10 participants getting 10g each would cost each participant 66 Euro, which is peanuts from rechemco. But, the store that sells it for that price doesn't ship to the US, so someone in the EU or elsewhere who has had a proven history here would have to redistribute to potential participants in the US. 

Otherwise, there is another store, with stellar reputation and from which I bought my existing batch that offers 100g for €1,100.00, meaning each participant would have to pay 110 Euro. The only snag is, that they don't ship to the US orders that exceed 50g, so we would have to somehow split the orders within a week or two apart. EDIT: Potentially, we could have 5 participants for 10g from the US and another 5 from the EU, and request the order be split in two, and then redistribute from the respective locations...

Anyway, just putting this out there for people who have ruminative/anhedonic/self critical depression, ADHD, ADD-PI, or just want to function at a higher level.

Best regards.

If we could get a group buy done for this compound, I'd be also interested in possibly synergizing this compound with something like guanfacine, which can be more easily obtained from China (Alibaba). 

Edited by redan, 20 April 2016 - 10:17 PM.

• Good Point x 2
  • WellResearched x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2 MindExplorer

• 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:01 PM

I wasn't familiar with 4F-MPH, but I imagine it has the same theoretical concerns as fluorinated amphetamines? I.e. It might turn out that the F-C bond can break during metabolism like the Cl-C bond in 4-CA, which is presumably what makes the latter acutely neurotoxic in rats from a single sufficiently high dose. Fortunately, 4-FA doesn't seem to have that problem, and I personally have tried 2-FMA a few times with phenomenal results and no *observable* cognitive side effects. But assuming 4F-MPH is in the same boat, I think it's worth informing people that this is an unknown that's up for debate and that the perception is that fluorinated stims are a very scary class of RCs for that reason.

Edited by MindExplorer, 22 April 2016 - 04:04 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:19 PM

IIRC a fluorine bond is generally very strong and unlikely to break.

#4 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

I quite 4F-MPH cold turkey three days ago and fell into one of the deepest holes in my life to date. 

I discourage anyone from treating depression with stimulants. It's a painful road not worth taking.

• Agree x 3
  • Informative x 2
  • Cheerful x 2
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#5 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

Could your dosage have been too high? There's always variation, but some people can use therapeutic, low doses, of stimulants for prolonged periods of time without developing significant tolerance or experiencing withdrawals. I was using amphetamine for quite a while and this was my experience.

I'd also strongly advice against quitting cold turkey. Tapering is much better.

There is this classic thread: http://www.longecity...healed-my-mind/

And this very interesting comment from MisterY: https://www.reddit.c...apeutic/cidkhft

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 Sacrifice01

• 15 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

It's weird how our brain varies from substance to substance.  I've never had a problem quitting any stimulant cold-turkey.  I still definitely don't encourage it just because I've never suffered withdrawals from daily stimulant use of up to a month but you may.  Benzos, on the other hand... I nearly died going cold-turkey off of them.  I was hospitalized for three days after suffering serious convulsions.  Most of the experience was a blur in the hospital and I nearly lost a year of memories.  Be on the safe side, either don't use these potentially dangerous substances and if you choose to, I don't recommend going cold-turkey on any of them, especially after extended use.

Edited by Sacrifice01, 28 April 2016 - 02:33 PM.

#7 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:18 PM

I'm open to trialing this compound again, under a stricter dosing regimen...

If anyone is interested in a group buy let me know...

50g is €640.00...

10 participants for 5g at 64 Euro is quite a steal IMHO...

#8 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

This study summarizes how I feel on 4F-MPH. The only benefit from it vs. MPH is that it's more selective for dopamine and less dysphoric as many experience from MPH.

Methylphenidate blocks effort-induced depletion of regulatory control in healthy volunteers

A recent wave of studies—over 100 conducted over the last decade—shows that exerting effort at controlling impulses or behavioral tendencies leaves a person depleted and less able to engage in subsequent rounds of regulation. Regulatory depletion is thought to play an important role in everyday problems (e.g., excessive spending, overeating) as well as psychiatric conditions, but its neurophysiological basis is poorly understood. Using a placebo-controlled, double-blind design, we demonstrate that the psychostimulant methylphenidate (commonly known as ‘Ritalin’), a catecholamine reuptake blocker that increases dopamine and norepinephrine at the synaptic cleft, fully blocks effort-induced depletion of regulatory control. Spectral analysis of trial-by-trial reaction times found specificity of methylphenidate effects on regulatory depletion in the slow-4 frequency band. This band is associated with the operation of resting state brain networks that produce mind wandering, raising potential connections between our results and recent brain network-based models of control over attention.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC4206661/

In other words, I feel that I can handle every day tasks moreso than what my depression tells me that I can't. Dopamine/GABA'ergic dysfunction?

Edited by redan, 20 June 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#9 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:25 AM

Any takers on this?

I'm willing to do a small group buy of 3-4 participants. 

It's sure as hell effective for cognitive enhancement. 

#10 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:07 AM

Any takers on this?

In for spot 1

#11 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:18 AM

I wasn't familiar with 4F-MPH, but I imagine it has the same theoretical concerns as fluorinated amphetamines? I.e. It might turn out that the F-C bond can break during metabolism like the Cl-C bond in 4-CA, which is presumably what makes the latter acutely neurotoxic in rats from a single sufficiently high dose. Fortunately, 4-FA doesn't seem to have that problem, and I personally have tried 2-FMA a few times with phenomenal results and no *observable* cognitive side effects. But assuming 4F-MPH is in the same boat, I think it's worth informing people that this is an unknown that's up for debate and that the perception is that fluorinated stims are a very scary class of RCs for that reason.

Getting back to this. My only issue with 2-FMA that I had is that it made me look like a meth addict. Plus, I'd get cold sweats when I wasn't on it and felt dysphoric indicating some physiological withdrawal symptoms. I mean for all intents and purposes it's "meth". 

Even though I'd compare AMP to gold and 2-FMA to platinum, I still get more out of 4F-MPH than 2-FMA. In an ideal world I would cycle both of them; but, that's just too risky for me to juggle chainsaws like that. 

Cheers.

Any takers on this?

In for spot 1

Got you.

So, 1 down 3 to go.

Edited by redan, 25 June 2016 - 02:20 AM.

#12 MindExplorer

• 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:14 AM

2-FMA was actually incredibly smooth for me (virtually no peripheral side effects) and very far from my perception of meth besides perhaps oral Desoxyn. Did you use an ROA other than oral or a considerably higher dose than my zero-tolerance 15-25mg?

#13 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:57 AM

2-FMA was actually incredibly smooth for me (virtually no peripheral side effects) and very far from my perception of meth besides perhaps oral Desoxyn. Did you use an ROA other than oral or a considerably higher dose than my zero-tolerance 15-25mg?

I don't get it, oral Desoxyn is the same thing as meth, how could they be different in any way?

Anyway, 2-FMA can't be beat for just sitting down and doing shit like reading and such. AMP is more locomotor activity inducing, which I found somewhat distracting. dex-amp is as ideal as it comes for my needs; but, 4F-MPH isn't depleting for me, lasts long enough, isn't distracting (little euphoria at low doses) and is nootropic by all means.

YMMV.

#14 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

2 to go.

#15 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

In. Will pay immediately and via whatever means you prefer.

#16 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

Not much published about safety, side effects, no?

Edited by tintinet, 02 July 2016 - 10:10 PM.

#17 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:48 PM

As far as neurotoxicity, I don't think there is much of concern in that regards. I always take stuff like ALCAR, Bacopa, and other neuroprotective compound that would negate any such potential effects

How do you know this? Something that antagonizes glutamine or dopamine, or most receptors, can be said to be "neuroprotective," because they prevent over activation of the same receptors which could lead to cell death. Other things are neuroprotective because they prevent oxidation or inflammation in the brain. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7908343

#18 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:52 PM

As far as neurotoxicity, I don't think there is much of concern in that regards. I always take stuff like ALCAR, Bacopa, and other neuroprotective compound that would negate any such potential effects

How do you know this? Something that antagonizes glutamine or dopamine, or most receptors, can be said to be "neuroprotective," because they prevent over activation of the same receptors which could lead to cell death. Other things are neuroprotective because they prevent oxidation or inflammation in the brain. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7908343

I'm assuming that the fluorine bond doesn't affect neurotoxicity and leads to a longer duration of effects and increased potency in dopamine reuptake. I don't have papers saying that it isn't neurotoxic; but, as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to be. 

You can mitigate such concerns with supplementing with neuroprotective compounds like ALCAR, Bacopa, and possibly low doses of selegiline.

#19 sisu27

• 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

I'm in.

#20 plumper76

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:33 PM

I'd be interested in a group buy

#21 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:37 AM

Hey,

I ran outta money for sponsoring Longecity, so I can't send more than 1 PM.

If anyone is interested in this group buy still, please PM me.

Thanks.

#22 JayZin

• Guest SPAMMER
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:15 PM

Very very interesting compound, I'll be contacting you soon, Redan.

#23 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:46 AM

Hi Guys/Gals,

Regrettably I don't have the funds to participate in this group buy, and seeing as there's no free lunch you are left to yourselves to organize this group buy.

I can share my sources if need be.

Best regards.

#24 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:54 PM

Is the group buy off?

#25 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

Is the group buy off?

I'm willing to help host this group buy to see it come to fruition; but, would have to let all the participants know that I would take a small amount of the product for personal use.

The supplier I intend to use is bulgalupum, which can be found here.

Their price is good and seems to drop considerably for larger orders. Seeing as many people seem interested in this compound since I posted about it, I think something like 50-100g isn't out of reach, that is if any of the participants are interested in such quantities. 

Let me know what you guys think.

#26 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:08 AM

I'm thinning that would be acceptable, how much would you require to be the go between?

Cheers,

#27 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:48 PM

So, 

With six people interested in participating in this group buy it comes out to be roughly $150 for 15 g of 4F-MPH.

I think that's very reasonable. The stuff should last a long time at that amount.

Let me know what you guys think.

Best regards.

#28 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:01 PM

Sounds good go me.

#29 plumper76

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:39 AM

Do you have room for a seventh? I'm interested

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:54 AM

I sent PM's to most people interested.

If I could get a reply let me know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antidepressant, default mode network, adhd, add-pi, nootropic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)