Photo
- - - - -

Niacine, the most important B?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pars

• 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:16 AM

Recenly, I have been using a number of B-complex products, all manufactured by European companies.
I notice that all of them contain amount of niacine /typically 50mg/ that far exceed all other members of the B family, incl. B1, B2, B6, choline, inositol, etc., which are between 1 and 5mg with very few exceptions. This is a bit strange, having also in mind that niacine is almost the only one that can be toxic in high doses. European formulas are also much more conservative /compared to Americans/ in those Bs that are in the mcg range - B12, folic acid.
Seems that Europeans put the stress very much on niacine, while Americans have much more balanced /overdosed?/ B complex products.
Any thoughts on that?

#2 hiredavidrnow

• 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:15 AM

I have found that when I take a good dose (500-1500mg) of Niacinamide, it has it very positive effect. So, I like to take it everytime I eat and take in my supplements.

But really, All the b vitamins are critical. I love them all, and I'd rather not live without them.
Personally I like to take B1 and B12 (the methyl/active form) for overall energy (physical and cognative).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:29 PM

I wonder why B-15 (calcium pangamate) is not in B-complex formulations.

Also, can large doses of niacin cause nerve root inflammation?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:17 PM

it might just be a larger, heavier mollecule... niacin actually isnt essential technically, your body can make it from tryptophan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users