• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Commencement of Valdoxan/agomelatine advice/insight would be awesome :)

valdoxan/agomelatine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Colors

• 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

Hi, would appreciate any advice/insight/ or information regarding this question. I'm 27 years old and currently taking 50mg of pristiq for panic attacks/"pure o" for a duration of 3 years (valium when acutely needed). Have seen a psychologist, however he doesn't think the symptoms are occurring from a psychological stand-point, although he did take me through the usual CBT stuff, which didn't do much. But it was cathartic in the sense that I got to talk to someone about the condition itself, as I don't really talk about it with friends or family. I've been experiencing these symptoms since 19. I was able to hold off medication through exercise/meditation etc. but was always let down by sleep issues (mainly quality, not insomnia) and a horrible pattern of basically a delayed-sleep phase. I've made a lot of progress personally, but am in an intermediate spot of still suffering anxiety, about a (7/10), but otherwise life is good. It is very biological/neurologically based for myself as my granmother has it (however never to as a bad extent as my own, where it restricted myself/ and still does to a degree from travelling), however no other immediate family members have any 'medicated disorder'. I've tried upping my pristiq dosage to 100 mg, however it just feels too strange (too lucid/wired etc.) and I never had issues with energy, which is confusing as it is also a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (why prescribe for an anxiety sufferer?). Prior to the anxiety etc. I had bouts of insomnia and seemed to suffer a delayed sleep-phase where I don't go to bed/get tired till 3am etc. and wake up sometime into the day, even with 8-9 hours sleep it is not refreshing. Long story short, my doc prescribed some melatonin, which I took around 2 weeks ago. You cannot just buy melatonin in Australia, or I would have just bought it for the heck of it a long time ago, i'm always buying random vits and herbs (to experiment on myself, which is why I find this site so awesome) :) Yes, I know melatonin is a hormone ;) It was quite an amazing feeling, like oh this is what it is like to feel nice and sleepy again, nostalgic. After a week I was able to shift my sleep forward dramatically. I'm beginning to feel more like my 'older' self etc. Even my doc noticed the difference only a week and a half later when I entered the room, mentioned that I seemed very comfortable/calm etc. Annnnnyway, long story short he wants to trial valdoxan with myself, as I hit a plateau with the pristiq, and I personally won't go higher, and I want off it because it is numbing to an extent (and my valium consumption is going up, hence the need to swap medication) Benzos aren't good for the brain.... My questions is, as valdoxan is an M1 and M2 agonist, if I am to stay on this medication for say 6 months, as it is a melatonin agonist, is this dangerous in regards to down-regulation of melatonin receptors, will it cause damage? Within this 6 months, I want to make use of the purported anti-anxiety/depressive effects of the valdoxan as it works on 5ht2c (in an antagonistic fashion like fluoxetine...which has relatively decent results with anxiety) as well to get off pristiq. So within this 6 months I basically want to get my sleep sorted, which will help with some form of regimented exercise (aerobic,weights), moderately healthy diet, and get my supplements aligned (basics: magnesium, vit C, zinc+b6, ashwaghandha, ginger+garlic), and basic mindfulness vipassana meditation. I do all the above, although it is pretty random and sporadic. I find exercise the most beneficial. That is my plan. Also if anyone has had any success/experience/warnings about/with valdoxan, that input would appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Colors, 30 April 2016 - 04:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users