- - - - -

Recommendation List

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aurora

• 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:17 PM

Hello there,
I would like some assistance with a recommendation list.I am after your personal preferences for a top 10 or 20 science books which would be received as a gift.Please include the most important recommendations for young student immortalists, which you believe they must read as soon as possible.Thankyou for your efforts.

#2 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:45 PM

There are really two types of books in this catagory. Inspirational and informational. Some books will convince you that immortality is possible, but other science books will start to teach you the science necessary to advance in certain fields.

#3 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:10 PM

GEB is one from the latter category. For something more bio-ish I'd recommend why we age by Steve Austad.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:31 PM

Again, what's the reason for reading the books? Are you trying to learn the science around aging? Are you trying to learn what's being done to halt aging? Are you trying to see if it's possible? Are you trying to contribute to the science?

#5 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:07 AM

Ohh, and of course a tough one: Parfit's Reasons and Persons. Incredibly hard to digest, but perhaps incredibly rewarding, too. Beware, not for mainstream immortalists ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users